MintBaconDrivel
6 years ago
Enter the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature.

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 2 - 1 )
[list]Total Offense = 10th
Passing Offense = 2nd
Rushing Offense = 29th

Total Defense = 8th
Passing Defense = 7th
Rushing Defense = 21st

Points For = 22.3 (15th)
Points Against = 22.3 (19th)[/list]

UserPostedImage
Chicago Bears ( 1 - 2 )
[list]Total Offense = 21st
Passing Offense = 27th
Rushing Offense = 8th

Total Defense = 12th
Passing Defense = 20th
Rushing Defense = 8th

Points For = 15.7 (28th)
Points Against = 23.0 (21st)[/list]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
6 years ago
I have the feeling this is going to be one of those ugly Packers-Bears games where everything goes wrong for both teams and whoever can stabilize wins. I'm feeling good about our special teams, which I think will be the deciding factor.

Trevor Davis rips off a punt return TD, Rodgers throws for two TDs and a pick, running game doesn't do much of anything (and actually coughs up the ball twice, one lost). Packers eek out a victory on a last-second Crosby field goal for the second week in a row.

Packers 27, Bears 24
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Bears won two of last four at Lambeau Field.

Bears 29
Packers 17
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago
The weather for Thursday night calls for Cloudy with a 20% chance of rain. The low temp calls for 48* F . (good football weather). Hopefully this will ease some of the cramping problems. Stretching and warming up will be even more important .

Adjusting GB's game plan for the Bears will need to include GB's problems at the L & R Tackle positions. The O-Line has suffered more than we usually see. In fact they have gone out and hired a player from another teams practice squad, As a result , IMO , the running game will take on even more importance. Pass protection will not be what it should be, so less passing will be a part of the game plan

GB's Defense will be the deciding factor in a low scoring game. With King and Jones stepping up to fill their new roles, Chicago will depend much upon their RBs too.

Green Bay - 17

Chicago - 10

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

I have the feeling this is going to be one of those ugly Packers-Bears games where everything goes wrong for both teams and whoever can stabilize wins. I'm feeling good about our special teams, which I think will be the deciding factor.

Trevor Davis rips off a punt return TD, Rodgers throws for two TDs and a pick, running game doesn't do much of anything (and actually coughs up the ball twice, one lost). Packers eek out a victory on a last-second Crosby field goal for the second week in a row.

Packers 27, Bears 24

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Davis has been close to breaking one a couple of times.

UserPostedImage
warhawk
6 years ago
I hope Daniels can go. The Bears are going to try and beat us with those two running backs. If the D can keep that under control Pack wins.
Need another big game from Jones, Martinez, Burnett, etc, to help get those RB's on the ground. The offense needs every possession they can get with all the OT's beat up. This is not setting up to be a game where we win TOP....unless they play lights out against that run attack. Somehow Arod and the O will throw some points up but I don't look for a lot of points or anything coming easy. Not with a beat up Oline.

I too agree it will probably be an ugly game. I can't remember the last time a Bear's game wasn't. I can see a frustrating and rather flawed ball game, like usual against these guys, and just hope we end up with the W and get healthy over that next 10 days.

"The train is leaving the station."
beast
6 years ago
I think one thing that will help the Packers is that the Bears seem to rely on the RBs a lot, meaning the Packers can target that to a degree.

Bears best full time WR, Kendall Wright, has 10 catches for 103 yards.
While RB/WR Tarik Cohen has 20 catches for 126 yards.

So have a guy (my guess being Burnett, Jones, Martinez) follow him around closely all game. Heck maybe even double team him, since he's sorta like Darren Sproles and he's getting 6.5 yards per rushing attempt. And of course there is the very physical big RB Jordan Howard.

I'm thinking having Burnett follow Tarik around everywhere, and having the others focus on a single WR or Howard.

The bigger problem might be getting the Packers offense going with the injured OL vs good defensive coaches.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

I think one thing that will help the Packers is that the Bears seem to rely on the RBs a lot, meaning the Packers can target that to a degree.

Bears best full time WR, Kendall Wright, has 10 catches for 103 yards.
While RB/WR Tarik Cohen has 20 catches for 126 yards.

So have a guy (my guess being Burnett, Jones, Martinez) follow him around closely all game. Heck maybe even double team him, since he's sorta like Darren Sproles and he's getting 6.5 yards per rushing attempt. And of course there is the very physical big RB Jordan Howard.

I'm thinking having Burnett follow Tarik around everywhere, and having the others focus on a single WR or Howard.

The bigger problem might be getting the Packers offense going with the injured OL vs good defensive coaches.

Originally Posted by: beast 

We're set up to defend the pass. That's what "Nitro" is all about.

Plus Perry and Daniels are out. Dial and Clark are good run stuffers tho, Imo. Maybe we'll see more of Fackrell on the inside. He was around the ball.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
6 years ago

We're set up to defend the pass. That's what "Nitro" is all about.

Plus Perry and Daniels are out. Dial and Clark are good run stuffers tho, Imo. Maybe we'll see more of Fackrell on the inside. He was around the ball.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I don't think you can count guys as out yet, except maybe House, as everyone else practiced. Bak, Bulaga and Daniels were limited though.

Nitro is also about speed, which might be very useful against RB/WR Tarik Cohen, who plays quick like Darren Sproles and might be their best weapon right now, as he might be their best receiver and not far behind their best RB.

If they're healthy enough, I think the ILBers might be better against a good running team that Fackrell, who I think is better in a stunt blitzing or spy role.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
For the 1st time I can remember I am going against The Packers.
Seems they are more focused on pregame ceremonies than the game itself.

Bears 27
Packers 24

I hope I am wrong.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!