PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

No video to corroborate Bennett's contention means it didn't happen? We dont have video because THE COPS TURNED OFF THEIR CAMERAS! Or imagining the shit-storm for putting a gun to an NFL players head while threatening to blow it off, they tampered with evidence by disposing of the video. Again, bad cops work not to document their badness and will work to undocument it when necessary!!!

Ranger Villeneuva of Steelers upon further reflection admitted he made a mistake standing in tunnel for the Anthem. And not all of our military/Vets know why they fight/fought. They fight to preserve, the rule of law, the peaceful transition of power and liberty and freedom for all; to preserve our national security. Cops profiling, harassing, assaulting, batterying and/or assassinating minorities violates each reason. There are racists and racially insensitive in the military and to the military/vet that innocently doesn't get it, we still very much appreciate your service; but you should reflect before you speak.

Not everyone has to have the exact same agenda to protest or to openly support protesters. Some get more vocal when it becomes more real, like realizing your brother death was continent on an enraged adrenaline filled lunatic's twitching of his index finger. Some become outraged when they see how protesters are treated; that's why I ended up at Standing Rock with several military/veterans, I'm convinced this prevented blood shed. And if the State takes issue with private protest like Trump did; that is sill another reason to now realize you must help to preserve a free America. BTW, Trump's behavior gives Kaepernick a path to a 1st amendment suit for the loss of his employment.

Kaepernik stuff FALSE and will be considered a prevarication until you source your position.
Kendrick point silly which must be: once protesting about police violence; he cant speak about PR.

You argue the movement is based on outliers; but then use outlier examples to argue "nobody" knows what they're protesting. Dot be a flip-flop sally. Outliers either prove or dont prove an issue; but ya cant flip-flop to suit the shameful argument you set forth.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Outliers, this entire "Protest" is based on a few outliers. But I guess that is beyond your bigoted mind to understand.

By the way where is your post about the Tennessee Church shooting.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
When we try to compare non-professional athlete's to professional athletes, it really shows a big lack of understanding of the dynamics between the two and how diverse the requirements are.

Anyhow, apparently we want to try anyway.

Ok Bar and Porforis , let's try an experiment tomorrow. I want you to go into work and clock in and after that I want you to go outside and start protesting. Like against the KKK or BLM whatever and I can guarantee you won't have a job for very long.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

You do realize the not standing for the national anthem is taking only a few minutes, right? Therefore, taking a few minutes to protest something outside of your work, probably not even going to be noticed let alone grounds for termination.

Why well #1 once you clock in you are property of the owner of the company and you are wasting time and not being productive.

The property of the owner? Are you serious with this? Are you this clueless? Are you this out of touch with reality to think you are even remotely stumbling onto something here? Property?!?! No, absolutely NOT. You can leave your job whenever you want, just the same as most others, therefore you are NOT the property of the owner. Holy damn.

#2 is if it brings negative feedback towards your company you would be let go. So the way I look at it the players are on the clock when they protest so it is wrong and it brings negative feedback towards the club.

Players are always on the clock. If they get a DUI in the off-season, it makes the club look bad. Players have been released.

They can do all their protesting on social media or go out in the Parking lot before or after the game and protest away.

I agree with this. Those who are protesting the oppression of blacks should move this forward if they want results.

What I would love to see is at halftime of next weeks games the security all takes a knee and lets the crowd do whatever they want to the players. I think that would be justice.

What does this solve? What does this help? It helps nothing and no one and only proves how irrational and clueless this entire post has been.

I understand you are pissed off players are disrespecting the Country and the Flag. I get it, but take a breath, step back and look at the big picture without the hyperbolic emotional tirades.

I feel everyone should stand during the National Anthem. Everyone.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

How?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If Kap alleged losing his government job over his speech; the suit would be viable; the problem is he didn't lose a State job.

However, if the private employer conspired with the State to cause the loss of his job; he'd have a viable cause of action.

Now Kap can try to allege the State did conspire with the NFL. Conspiracy can be proven by circumstantial evidence because the hard evidence one normally needs to prove allegations rests in the hands of the conspirators.

Kap could use Trump's and other State officials' relationships w/ the owners; and how some of his policies are designed to help big business, which also helps Owners; and Trump's statements about "firing" the protesting "SOBs" and those he made about taking money away from the Saints for protesting; to argue there's an on going agreement between the Owners.

This might seem weak. But ya got PODUS saying Kap should not have a job and Kap not having a job. A judge might let discovery go forward.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

If Kap alleged losing his government job over his speech; the suit would be viable; the problem is he didn't lose a State job.

However, if the private employer conspired with the State to cause the loss of his job; he'd have a viable cause of action.

Now Kap can try to allege the State did conspire with the NFL. Conspiracy can be proven by circumstantial evidence because the hard evidence one normally needs to prove allegations rests in the hands of the conspirators.

Kap could use Trump's and other State officials' relationships w/ the owners; and how some of his policies are designed to help big business, which also helps Owners; and Trump's statements about "firing" the protesting "SOBs" and those he made about taking money away from the Saints for protesting; to argue there's an on going agreement between the Owners.

This might seem weak. But ya got PODUS saying Kap should not have a job and Kap not having a job. A judge might let discovery go forward.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Kaepernick didn't lose his job. He opted out of his contract. He Quit.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Kaepernick didn't lose his job. He opted out of his contract. He Quit.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Well I should have said his continuing unemployment is proximately caused by collusion between NFL and State resulting from his speech.

He got paid for his work last year so that issue is moot...Though saying Kap quit is naive. The reality was that it he did not have a choice to stay with SF.

Kap had a contract guaranteed for several years to injury. SF came to him in 2016 and said, "renegotiate or get cut." They were already on the hook for 2016; but they would not let him play until he renegotiated, because a career ender would have cost SF for several years. The reneg was complete a few days before 10-16-16, he started on 10-16. The agreement was that he'd play the rest of 2016 with a provision that either SF and Kap could opt out in 2017.

SF notified him in 2017 that they were going to exercise their opt out and they agreed to let Kap exercise his opt out first.
Smokey
6 years ago
As long as the NFL must endure protest , I'd just like to know what is being protested.
Every citizen of legal age can vote.
Every child in America is offered the opportunity to attend school (K->12) and many continue on to college.
Also if one applies oneself and succeeds , scholarships are available . In addition , community colleges are very affordable and offer day / and night classes .
Anyone that puts forth the effort and earns a promotion, can get ahead if an open position exist .
Any man or woman can get medical attention in any emergency room in America .

IMO , if your willing to put down the Alcohol / Drugs and work to make your life better, then anyone can succeed . Companies are always short of highly qualified personal and sometimes will help their employees go to College / Trade Schools.

What is the protest all about ? [confused]

UserPostedImage
isocleas2
6 years ago

biggest problem today is nobody knows what they are protesting about anymore. Kaepernick started not even protesting. He was simply sitting, the "protesting" didn't come out until weeks later to try and protect his ass "image". And that was based on a lie or misrepresentation in the first place. Hell, Lance Kendricks was talking about Puerto Rico. Bennett is supposedly protesting about his brothers treatment and the video of that doesn't show anything to back up that claim. Some of them were protesting because kaepernick doesn't have a job. That makes the act of disrespecting the flag and anthem even worse.

In addition, players are saying they were not disrespecting our military or veterans. Clearly from the response to these protests, the act HAS disrespected many, not all by many veterans and military members. Going forward, if they continue to protest in this manner, they do so knowing their act is disrespectful.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Any vet worth his salt will tell you joined the military to protect this country and the VALUES it holds dear, one of those being the right to peacefully protest. They didn't swear an allegiance to the flag, they swore it to their country. We believe in freedom in this country and we don't demand our people to kowtow to any false idol (a flag, a dictator, a song, anything). That's what weak countries with strongman leaders do: demand obedience.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/veterans-knee-support-national-anthem-protests/story?id=50075609 

isocleas2
6 years ago

As long as the NFL must endure protest , I'd just like to know what is being protested.
Every citizen of legal age can vote.
Every child in America is offered the opportunity to attend school (K->12) and many continue on to college.
Also if one applies oneself and succeeds , scholarships are available . In addition , community colleges are very affordable and offer day / and night classes .
Anyone that puts forth the effort and earns a promotion, can get ahead if an open position exist .
Any man or woman can get medical attention in any emergency room in America .

IMO , if your willing to put down the Alcohol / Drugs and work to make your life better, then anyone can succeed . Companies are always short of highly qualified personal and sometimes will help their employees go to College / Trade Schools.

What is the protest all about ? [confused]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Its about police brutality namely towards people of color, and racial inequality. It now also in part became a protest against Trump because of what he said last week (or could argue when he's said all year).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html?mcubz=0 

Some nice tidbits: Kaepernick was protesting silently by sitting on the bench but no one knew about it for a few weeks because it was pre-season and he wasn't making a big deal about it. But his teammates and coaches knew what was up from the very start (despite what some posters want to believe). They talked to a former NFL player who was also a former Green Beret, and he recommended they kneel instead of sit since its more respectful to the military.

#VeteransforKaepernick
yooperfan
6 years ago
Thus far, the players, coaches and owners have participated in peaceful protest, but I expect that we will see some "fans" that will use these peaceful protests to turn to violence.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
36m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.