zombieslayer
15 years ago
Like him or not, I grew up watching John Madden. He was one of the best coaches I've ever seen, and I've watched over 30 years of football. He was aggressive when he needed to be aggressive, extremely charismatic, smart, clever, and knew how to run a football team. His teams were consistently good.

So I care about what he says. He won a SB too.

You want to know why he rides Favre's jock? Because since he's been following football, nobody has played with Favre's intensity. Nobody.

When Favre leaves the game for good, it will be a sad day for the NFL. It will be a much sadder day for the NFL than when Elway left, when Marino left, and definitely than when P Manning and Brady will finally leave.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

He isn't here. He doesnt know every aspect of the situation...His opinion isnt any better than any idiot from ESPN

"walleye" wrote:

the guys a :xcensoredx: idiot and talks out of his ass!

"agopackgo4" wrote:

Like Madden or not, it's hard to argue against the point he is making.

The Packers are a Superbowl contender, they've got all the pieces right now except for consistent QB play. Aaron may be good, but right now he is an unknown.

Favre is consistently proven himself to be a cut above. He's a play maker, the type of player that comes along once in a blue moon.

For this team, this season, aspirations to go to the Superbowl would be greater with Favre.

Yes Favre is 39, but he is coming off a season where he would've been MVP had it not been for a once in a decade type of season from another QB (Brady). You can't discount that, especially given that McCarthy has helped another old QB (Gannon) do quite well into his 40s.

To drop him for a QB with potential, who has impressed in his limited play doesn't make a lot of sense for a team with Superbowl aspirations this season.

The Packers are taking a huge gamble by going with Rodgers this year, but this move has to be looked as a move intended for the best LONG TERM interests of the Packers.

That's the point I think Madden is missing. Although with his experience, I wonder if he heavily believes in striking while the iron is hot type of thing, meaning he thought the Packers should've been willing to sacrifice long-term success in order to have a great shot at winning it all now. After all, he would definitely know chances where you have a team the caliber the Packers' have this year don't come too often.

Either way, I've got a feeling the Packers will be alright. Not dominating, but they'll be fine.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Roddyboy
15 years ago
It seems like Ted really doesn't care about winning now.

The question is, will he ever win because the book on him is that he doesn't know how to put a team over the top as a GM.
blank
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

It seems like Ted really doesn't care about winning now.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

That's a bit far-fetched.

Ted wants to win, he also wants to win now.

But he doesn't want to win now at the cost of the future. It isn't as if he's handing the team off to a rookie, Rodgers has shown promise and grown each year he has been here. Sure Rodgers isn't proven, but that doesn't mean it was stupid to go with him.

Rodgers will take his lumps and bruises this season, and Ted is banking on him being a better player for it next season.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
dingus
15 years ago
Being that this is his first GM gig, I imagine that there's no real "book" on him as a GM other than last season's executive of the year award.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago
Two out of the last nine Super Bowl winners have had first-year starters at QB. And yet many people consider it to be a fact that the Packers cannot win the Super Bowl with a first year QB. How stupid can people get? I have no problem with people saying that the Packers' chances of winning it all are less with Rodgers than they would've been with Favre, even though I don't agree with that statement. But it gets silly when people make such extreme statements.

I realize that Madden wasn't saying that. He likes Favre because he's an announcer and Favre is an exciting and charismatic player. Madden knows which side his bread is buttered on.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Anything can happen on ... Any. Given. Sunday.

w00t

GO PACKERS!

crap, the game doesn't start til Monday...
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
Well I'm glad I'm going to the Cowboys game that way I won't have to hear Madden talk about Favre the whole time.

I actually like Madden and don't get me wrong I like Favre but I'm tired of talking about it. This is a new team and it's time to talk about them but I guess they just have to win for that to happen.
IronMan
15 years ago
Madden may be annoying sometimes. But he is no idiot.
ChilliMaddensChilli
15 years ago
Madden is my favorite person alive.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.