Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Brady Poppinga was talking on I believe 107.5 The Fan and telling a story of during Family Night in 2006 where Aaron Rodgers was supposed to hand the ball off and instead he ran the ball into the end zone. Brady said something like "here's Aaron juking, spining and all while wearing a red jersey where no one can touch him and does his little double check belt thing. The next day Mike McCarthy bursts through the door and says put on the tape and just berates Aaron. Meanwhile, Brett leans over and says --he's so cocky-- to me."

At the end of the story Brady discloses many years later it comes out that Jeff Jagozinski (sp?) told Aaron keep the ball.

Brady goes on to say that's the thing about Aaron people get mistaken on. He comes off cocky, but he often times is taking one for the team and doesn't complain about it.

I'm paraphrasing a lot here, but the point that I thought was funny was coach chewing his players ass out and the player did what the OC told him to do and the player just took the ass chewing instead of deflecting. That's a sign of leadership in my opinion.

Any of you hear that clip or have the full clip so we can see how poorly I paraphrased things?
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago
I have no doubt that Aaron Rodgers is fully capable of and has on many occasions "taken one for the team" I also have no doubt that on many other occasions he has come off as cocky and arrogant. I think Brady probably nailed it with his observation. The thing is people are going to see more of what they want to see. If they don't like him he is cocky and arrogant and if they do like him he is a team player. Its that way for most top level athletes I think. Any player with that much talent is going to have people who don't like him. Usually its fans from other teams but sometimes its a fan of his own team who just happens to have been a huge fan of the guy he replaced. In Aaron's case as with many top level athletes I just don't think he really cares and that in itself turns people off. Its kind of like "How dare he not care what I think about him. I'll show him I'll hate him even more."
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
It's kinda funny Brett saying Rodgers is cocky and arrogant.
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

It's kinda funny Brett saying Rodgers is cocky and arrogant.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Maybe its just me but I've never gotten as much of a cocky arrogant vibe from Favre as I get from Rodgers.
DoddPower
6 years ago

Maybe its just me but I've never gotten as much of a cocky arrogant vibe from Favre as I get from Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Probably just you. You have fallen for his "aww shucks, I just wanna mow grass" persona.
Porforis
6 years ago

Probably just you. You have fallen for his "aww shucks, I just wanna mow grass" persona.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Don't forget about jeans. Real comfortable jeans.
sschind
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Oh. I agree the aw shucks was mostly an act. I felt that way from his 3rd or 4th year on. I almost said as much in my post. I actually had those exact words typed "aww shucks" in and I decided to delete them and the rest of my train of thought that went with them.

I don't think that automatically makes him arrogant. Like I said in my first post, how you see it is going to depend largely on how you feel about the guy. What some people see as cocky and arrogant others may not. Its subjective and if someone is a fan of one guy over the other there is no way you are going to convince them there guy was more arrogant.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (2h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (17h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (17h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.