Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DoddPower  
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:22:53 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Nice pick 6 today even if it was off a deflection. Hate the stupid penalty afterward. At least it didn't cost them.

Yeah I agree, kind of a gift. But still a nice play. Overall, it doesn't change much for me though, at least not yet. Of course I didn't actually expect him to be cut, but I still don't expect him to be resigned in Green Bay unless things change substantially. Possibly a one year deal.
Barfarn  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:27:08 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Also, I thought Randall had a pretty good game again today. Sure the INT went right to him, but he was in proper position at the time. It's not like he was hot dogging it like Darren Sharper, getting out of position to try to make the highlight reel. Plus he had the reflexes.

All in all, I thought he played well. He's having a solid season.

Randall played a GREAT game today! His coverages were very good, well above average, he knocks down TD pass, I'd be very close to using the word "elite." For the day that is!

And his was a GREAT reaction to being benched, supplanted by a rookie and coming in due to injury and Cohen trying to embarrass him

he just turned 25, but he's not as mature as Richard Rodgers, Cobb or Jordy at that age, he's a very young 25. He also may be wired different emotionally that most.

The fact GB stuck with him thru stuff that on the surface looks very cancerous, shows they see something special in him.
wpr  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 6:17:18 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Didn't have much to gain at all, only helps them to create a tie if dallas kicks 2 field goals. Did have something to lose though and it actually playedf out under that scenario. Kick the extra point you're up by 5. They score a td you're only down by 2. March down the field at the end of the game and now you're playing for a game winning fg rather than a tie. Luckily it didn't matter today, but it almost did. You don't go for 2 until you have too.

While I agree with your scenario I want to point out that you are relying on a kicking game to be successful twice. Nothing was certain yesterday. It also may never happen again. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new LS in camp for a tryout tomorrow.

No disrespect to Crosby but I wouldn't mind seeing GB go for 2 every single time. The break even point is being successful 50% of the time. With Sir Aaron under center they would be successful 2/3 of the time or better. They had the right play yesterday Aaron just missed on his pass a little.

gbguy20  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 7:33:36 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
While I agree with your scenario I want to point out that you are relying on a kicking game to be successful twice. Nothing was certain yesterday. It also may never happen again. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new LS in camp for a tryout tomorrow.

No disrespect to Crosby but I wouldn't mind seeing GB go for 2 every single time. The break even point is being successful 50% of the time. With Sir Aaron under center they would be successful 2/3 of the time or better. They had the right play yesterday Aaron just missed on his pass a little.

I'd be ok with that too. McCarthy just makes a lot of boneheaded decisions. Needs to study time and scoreboard management imo.
mi_keys  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:49:07 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Didn't have much to gain at all, only helps them to create a tie if dallas kicks 2 field goals. Did have something to lose though and it actually playedf out under that scenario. Kick the extra point you're up by 5. They score a td you're only down by 2. March down the field at the end of the game and now you're playing for a game winning fg rather than a tie. Luckily it didn't matter today, but it almost did. You don't go for 2 until you have too.

Going for two means Dallas only ties you if they miss the extra point. Since moving the PAT back, kickers have missed at about a 5-6% clip. It's no longer automatic, as we got a painful reminder. A field goal is still worthless to Dallas if we miss the two point try.

If you kick the PAT, Dallas is going for two. At that point in the game there would be zero difference between a 1 or 2 point lead. If Dallas scores the two point conversion, it's a 3 point game anyway.

When Randall scored the pick six, I'd have placed better odds on Green Bay scoring a two point conversion than stopping one. And if Rodgers doesn't uncharacteristically miss a wide open throw, we do score.
Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 2:45:15 PM(UTC)
Zero, I GET that in the end the taunting penalty didn't cost us. But what about next time? Is he going to make that kind of boneheaded move in the future? You have the ability to look at it not costing us the game in the end. But at the time, did YOU see nothing wrong with it?
Am I happy with the pick 6? Heck yes! But then don't do something stupid afterwards is all I'm saying.
Am I THRILLED that we again beat the hated Cowboys? Yes YES YES!!!
Just act like a professional, and don't do stupid things.
beast  
#27 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 3:22:24 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
Zero, I GET that in the end the taunting penalty didn't cost us. But what about next time? Is he going to make that kind of boneheaded move in the future?

How many times is he (a defensive player) going to score?

When is the last time he scored a touchdown? Aren't rookies expected to make some mistakes? Isn't he a rookie at scoring?

Heck, I'll let defenders have a penalty if they score a touchdown.

Also the other Randall... Randall Cobb got a boneheaded taunting penalty (I believe) after a first down against the Seahawks... has he repeated his bonehead play the next time he got a first down?

Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 3:22:35 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
Zero, I GET that in the end the taunting penalty didn't cost us. But what about next time? Is he going to make that kind of boneheaded move in the future? You have the ability to look at it not costing us the game in the end. But at the time, did YOU see nothing wrong with it?
Am I happy with the pick 6? Heck yes! But then don't do something stupid afterwards is all I'm saying.
Am I THRILLED that we again beat the hated Cowboys? Yes YES YES!!!
Just act like a professional, and don't do stupid things.

I'm sure you've made mistakes or done things you regret or at least learned from. Let's see if he repeats the mistake. That's the only time I get annoyed. Repeated mental errors. Once is fine. We're not perfect, but will this continue? He goes from being benched, to getting tossed to locker room to getting a huge touchdown for the Packers. I can't blast him for getting stupid. If it happens again?? All bets are off. He's young, has growing up to do. Gotta act improve each week.

Edit. Nevermind. He just doesn't get it.
http://profootballtalk.n...-getting-penalty-he-got/

Updated by user Monday, October 9, 2017 4:08:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

isocleas2  
#29 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 4:31:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm sure you've made mistakes or done things you regret or at least learned from. Let's see if he repeats the mistake. That's the only time I get annoyed. Repeated mental errors. Once is fine. We're not perfect, but will this continue? He goes from being benched, to getting tossed to locker room to getting a huge touchdown for the Packers. I can't blast him for getting stupid. If it happens again?? All bets are off. He's young, has growing up to do. Gotta act improve each week.

Edit. Nevermind. He just doesn't get it.
http://profootballtalk.n...-getting-penalty-he-got/

Not to sound crazy or like someone who'll defend Randall at all costs, but is there a chance he legit didn't know he got a penalty? Also is there a chance he was trying to throw the ball at the ref standing behind Prescott?

Watch the video, immediately after tossing the ball in Prescott/Ref's direction he begins the Julio Jones TD dance and is swarmed by teammates celebrating. I think he may honestly may have been consumed by that (and celebrating with teammates on the sideline after) that he didn't know he got a penalty. I don't know if he was trying to toss the ball to the ref or not just trying to find the missing pieces. Laugh

This seems as plausible to me as Randall getting the penalty and then trying to deny it after the game for no apparent reason. That's crazy.

Edit: watched the play from a few more angles, I think he did throw the ball at Prescott and then just didn't see the penalty because of celebrations after.
nerdmann  
#30 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 6:21:17 PM(UTC)
isocleas2 said: Go to Quoted Post
Not to sound crazy or like someone who'll defend Randall at all costs, but is there a chance he legit didn't know he got a penalty? Also is there a chance he was trying to throw the ball at the ref standing behind Prescott?

Watch the video, immediately after tossing the ball in Prescott/Ref's direction he begins the Julio Jones TD dance and is swarmed by teammates celebrating. I think he may honestly may have been consumed by that (and celebrating with teammates on the sideline after) that he didn't know he got a penalty. I don't know if he was trying to toss the ball to the ref or not just trying to find the missing pieces. Laugh

This seems as plausible to me as Randall getting the penalty and then trying to deny it after the game for no apparent reason. That's crazy.

Edit: watched the play from a few more angles, I think he did throw the ball at Prescott and then just didn't see the penalty because of celebrations after.

Probably more likely he was being a dick. Laugh
PackFanWithTwins  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:04:39 AM(UTC)
If any defensive player gets a pick 6 I don't really care about a taunting penalty after. its a Bullshit rule in the first place. Every time the offense scores a first down and the offensive player gets up making the first down signal, that is taunting, Every sack celebration = taunting. And almost every TD celebration is taunting.
Cheesey  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:25:47 PM(UTC)
Previous game he gets sent to the locker room for arguing with a coach.
Yesterday he gets a penalty after making a good play.
He needs to man up, do his job, and act like a pro.
He's NOT a rookie, right?
Seems he's one of those types that thinks he's NEVER wrong.
Nonstopdrivel  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:48:21 PM(UTC)
Honestly, he just needs to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior, and he'll be a shoo-in, first-ballot Hall of Famer like Reggie White.
wpr  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:33:30 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Honestly, he just needs to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior, and he'll be a shoo-in, first-ballot Hall of Famer like Reggie White.

How do you know he hasn't?
Nonstopdrivel  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:39:48 PM(UTC)
I have no idea one way or the other. My post was, of course, written with more than a little tongue in cheek.
wpr  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:54:18 PM(UTC)
I have no idea one way or the other. My post was, of course, written with more than a little tongue in cheek.

Yes I know. Not trying to pick a fight. Just trying to give you an unexpected response. Wink
Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:01:53 PM(UTC)

(And head up @$$) Flapper LOL
DoddPower  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:07:07 PM(UTC)

Ewww.
Rss Feed