Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:37:33 AM(UTC)
Enter the GameDay Chat to discuss the game via the instant chat feature.

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 4 - 1 )
    Total Offense = 16th
    Passing Offense = 11th
    Rushing Offense = 22nd

Total Defense = 11th
    Passing Defense = 6th
    Rushing Defense = 22nd

Points For = 27.4 (7th)
    Points Against = 22.4 (20th)

UserPostedImage
Minnesota Vikings ( 3 - 2 )
    Total Offense = 9th
    Passing Offense = 13th
    Rushing Offense = 11th

Total Defense = 7th
    Passing Defense = 20th
    Rushing Defense = 7th

Points For = 19.8 (20th)
    Points Against = 18.6 (6th)
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:55:15 AM(UTC)
Packers are going to lose this game.

Here's some GSIS for ya

Red Zone efficiency offense
Packers are 1st at 78.95% second place is Dallas at 66.67%
Vikings are 15th at 52.94%

Red Zone efficiency defense
Packers are 31st at 84.62%
Vikings are 3rd at 38.46%

3rd Down efficiency offense
Packers are 3rd at 48.44%
Vikings are 8th at 44.78%

3rd Down efficiency defense
Packers are 18th at 40.68%
Vikings are 1st at 25.45%
isocleas2  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:39:09 AM(UTC)
Before the season started I predicted this to be a loss, and if that's the way it goes it will not come as much of a shock. However the Vikings without a quality quarterback/RB makes them alot less formidable. Their defense is still a beast but I think Packers take it in a close one.

24 - 20 Green Bay
Smokey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:54:49 AM(UTC)
The Vikings in Minnesota will as ever be a great challenge , but then Dallas in Dallas was as well .

IMO , this game will be a HIGH scoring show where both teams exceed 35 points .

Green Bay - 42

Minnesota - 38

Cheers!
warhawk  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:59:30 AM(UTC)
GREEN BAY INJURIES PER GAME-5 -1st in NFL

Now I made this up but it's probably not far off. My point is with all the guys going down, playing 4 guards and a center for example, there is really only one stat that matters at this point. 4-1.

Somehow between the game planning and player execution GB is finding was to get the "w". When we haven't had the starting Oline intact yet and with all the players not suiting up and moving parts with injuries during the game (like losing Burnett an King early this week) I don't expect stats to jump off the page.

These guys don't quit no matter who they put out there. There's no stat for guts and that's been a lot of fun to watch.
Smokey  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:13:19 AM(UTC)
Great point warhawk , but how do you see the GB vs Minnesota ?

Do you have a prediction to offer ? BigGrin
warhawk  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:41:58 AM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
Great point warhawk , but how do you see the GB vs Minnesota ?

Do you have a prediction to offer ? BigGrin

If pressed for a prediction today I would go with GB 24-17. I may revise that later in the week depending on the injury report. I have no idea if Burnett, King, or, Jordy are playing and those are big names with Burnett being the biggest IMO being a leader out there in charge of handling communication on that back end.

I will say I don't see this being a high scoring game like you. Vikes have a very solid D and playing on the road in a division game points will be hard to come by. It's one thing to give that many up against Dallas in that their D is not that good. We give up as many against these guys and we're in trouble.

buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:45:38 AM(UTC)
Tough to call this game early in the week.

The injuries to King and Burnett, imo, are the most crucial of all the injuries so far this year.

Without them the Nitro defense goes out the window.

as per Aaron....#noexcuses

I will go with The thinking The Packers D will step up with 3 tutnovers.

The AAA offense (Rodgers, Jones, Ripkowski), control the game, control the clock.

Packers 27
Vikings 16
Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:06:59 PM(UTC)
I think we have a realistic chance. They sure didn't look like gang busters against the Bears.
If we can win at "Jerry World", we can win in "Minny-Soda". (Which is an 8 ounce Coca Cola)Flapper
beast  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:22:48 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
I think we have a realistic chance. They sure didn't look like gang busters against the Bears.
If we can win at "Jerry World", we can win in "Minny-Soda". (Which is an 8 ounce Coca Cola)Flapper

Yeah the Vikings offense looked pretty dang bad against the Bears.
Barfarn  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:45:23 PM(UTC)
Thing I noticed was that when Keenum came in; it was like Minny got 20 better players into the game on both sides of ball.

Could be because they finally did something. But a lot of times a team gets lethargic when the coach makes a move that the team thinks harms the chance to win.

Hopefully, Bradford gets the start Sunday.
beast  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:19:52 PM(UTC)
Barfarn said: Go to Quoted Post
Thing I noticed was that when Keenum came in; it was like Minny got 20 better players into the game on both sides of ball.

Could be because they finally did something. But a lot of times a team gets lethargic when the coach makes a move that the team thinks harms the chance to win.

Hopefully, Bradford gets the start Sunday.

One thing I noticed is that the Vikings DL clearly figured out the Bears snap count or snap signal... as they were basically getting off at the exact same time as the ball being snapped... and looked like the Vikings defense line was getting off to an extremely fast start because of it.

Rodgers would probably notice that and fake it to get them to jump off sides for a free play.
Smokey  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 3:31:52 PM(UTC)
IMO , this thread format , is just the place to discuss game predictions , and key battles, and game strategies . Starting new threads for the same purpose is a waste of space and diminishes the clear focus that this forum can .

For this game , the key match up will be GB's Offense vs the Viking's Defense .
Barfarn  
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:13:09 PM(UTC)
This will be Rodgers’ first game in new Vikings new stadium and he’s no doubt determined to avenge the worst game Doppleganger ever played as a GB QB. 3 fumbles, 1 INT, at least a dozen poor QB decisions, took 2 double digit sack loses [5 all together], the last 2 drives were a choke job ending on a Doppelganger fumble and INT. The GB QB single-handedly lost this game.

On O, its pretty simple. Minny has Rhodes, a stud, and a pile of crap for CBs. Wayens outside and Newman and Alexander inside are horrible. 3 or 4 receivers will be open consistently. If our OL is playing well, it’ll get ugly. But if B team or hobbled A team are not doing well, Rodgers is going to need to do what he did in Chicago, get the ball out in 2.2. Minny’s pass rush is one of the best and they have a deep rotation. Datone couldn’t even crack this rotation.

Last year, when Burnett went out our Secondary became a sieve. Hopefully, Brice and/or Evans a year older can pick-up most of Burnett's free/strong safety slack.

I think Jones will equal or do better than Burnett in the nitro. The killer will be replacing Burnett’s slot CB snaps. If House don’t go that job will fall to Rollins and Q was fantastic at Minny last year covering Diggs, Thielan and Charles Johnson. In this game Diggs went off for 182 toasting mostly Randall and our trio of ILBs and 2 PI calls on Randall [1 declined cause he caught the ball]. The ILB’s inability to get their drops caused half of Diggs’ yards. They’ll try this again. This time Diggs’ replacement wont be as good and Martinez, Jones and Ryan will be infinitely better at protecting the center of field. In the second game last year, Theilan went off on us mostly against Rollins when they both lined up outside [so this match-up will only occur if there’s further injury].

This year Minny’s 3 WR set had Thielan in slot w/ Treadwell and Diggs outside. Diggs is out, Treadwell sucks. I expect Floyd [whose 1st game this year was last week] to Replace Diggs both in 2 and 3 WR sets. Keenum is nothing but a dinker and a dunker, he wont beat us throwing to outside WRs, except when they run slants or drags. His entire game is about Rudolph, the RB and Thielan in slot. If we take these guys out it’ll be a slaughter. It is really too bad Burnett s not playing. Keenum’s safety blankets are the backs and Rudolph.

The LG Easton is out, he's a 2nd yr guy who’s done well in pass pro. His replacement Sirles, who was playing RT in our 2nd game last year got lit up by Perry last year. Sirles is a 6’6” tackle, the perfect specimen for Daniels. If Daniels’ hip is better [he lacked some explosion last week] he’ll get under Sirles’ pads and launch him back repeatedly. I’d like to see Clark play some zero in passing downs and push their rookie center into Keenum's lap.
Rss Feed