Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 5:37:38 AM(UTC)
I was pretty nervous watching that final play. And then furious when Nick Perry just looks like a goofy dumb giant holding the ball. YOU PLAY THROUGH THE WHISTLE BOY!!

Michael David Smith said:
Overlooked in the Packers' dramatic comeback win over the Cowboys on Sunday is just how crazy an ending the Cowboys nearly pulled off on the game's final play. With the ball on their own 25-yard line and five seconds left in the game, the Cowboys tried what teams always try in that situation: A desperate, [more]

Continue Reading @ Michael David Smith
DarkaneRules  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 5:53:31 AM(UTC)
Did y'all see the defenders lay out Elliott? That was wonderful.
wpr  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 6:24:51 AM(UTC)
I didn't think it had a chance of succeeding but I was a little concern by the time the 3rd or 4th lateral was tossed. The defense usually breaks down because of over pursuit and GB isn't the greatest team at open field tackling.
nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:36:11 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
I didn't think it had a chance of succeeding but I was a little concern by the time the 3rd or 4th lateral was tossed. The defense usually breaks down because of over pursuit and GB isn't the greatest team at open field tackling.

Not to dwell on the negative, but this team has a propensity for allowing freak plays in disasterous situations.
Porforis  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 10:24:32 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I was pretty nervous watching that final play. And then furious when Nick Perry just looks like a goofy dumb giant holding the ball. YOU PLAY THROUGH THE WHISTLE BOY!!

I loved how the coach went out there and basically hugged Randall (?). So pissed off at the players that pretty much gave up on the play assuming it was all over.

Remember years back when I want to say, Mike McKenzie waltzed up to a O Lineman that was just casually holding onto a ball when the play wasn't blown dead, batted the ball out of his hand, picked it up, and ran it back for a TD?
wpr  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 10:55:38 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Not to dwell on the negative, but this team has a propensity for allowing freak plays in disasterous situations.

You aren't still upset about the 4th and 26 debacle are you? Yeah me too. Mad
Mucky Tundra  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 11:23:35 AM(UTC)

The Tramon Williams endzone pick almost makes up for it. Almost.

Edit: Fucking Troy Aikman nearly jinxing Green Bay be declaring victory before the ball was snapped! Cursing
beast  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 11:23:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post

Yeah that pissed me off... how did you not realize the ball is live when it's thrown right at you?

After the second missed tackle, I got really nervous, after Perry got/lost the ball, I was freaking out!
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post
I loved how the coach went out there and basically hugged Randall (?). So pissed off at the players that pretty much gave up on the play assuming it was all over.

I missed the hug. It was Rollins that recovered the ball.
Smokey  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 11:30:20 AM(UTC)
t5r43w9.jpg (6kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Porforis  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 1:55:48 PM(UTC)

I’ll always be more traumatized by the OT totally-not-facemask fumble recovery for a TD vs Arizona
Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 2:31:36 PM(UTC)
When Perry got the ball, he SHOULD have just got down on the ground with the ball. Letting the Dallas player knock it out of his hand could have been huge.
Luckily in the end it doesn't cost us anything.
Nonstopdrivel  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:43:50 PM(UTC)

Damn you. Just yesterday, I was showing my best friend (she's a rabid Eagles fan) the infamous 4th-and-26 nightmare, because she's too young to remember it. Then, just because I'm a masochist, I dialed up the 2001 Divisional Round.

I think I can still taste the bile in the back of my throat. Cursing Zipping Mouth Asshole

WTF happened to the puking smiley? WTF
FLORIDA PACKER88  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:06:48 PM(UTC)

Remember years back when I want to say, Mike McKenzie waltzed up to a O Lineman that was just casually holding onto a ball when the play wasn't blown dead, batted the ball out of his hand, picked it up, and ran it back for a TD?

Darren "roofitini" Sharper actually, against Jacksonville in 04.
Porforis  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:08:17 PM(UTC)
FLORIDA PACKER88 said: Go to Quoted Post
Darren "roofitini" Sharper actually, against Jacksonville in 04.

Thank you very much for that, I've been trying to find video of that play for a long time. 22 second mark on this video.
Porforis  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:10:43 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Damn you. Just yesterday, I was showing my best friend (she's a rabid Eagles fan) the infamous 4th-and-26 nightmare, because she's too young to remember it. Then, just because I'm a masochist, I dialed up the 2001 Divisional Round.

I think I can still taste the bile in the back of my throat. Cursing Zipping Mouth Asshole

WTF happened to the puking smiley? WTF

What, not this one too?
Nonstopdrivel  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:28:19 PM(UTC)
Yeah, that one too. I remember watching that game from a sports bar in Frankfurt, Germany. What a crushing disappointment that was. Thankfully, watching Super Bowl XLV the following year with Rockmolder from a bar in Gronigen in the Netherlands helped make up for the heartbreak. Though every time I go back and watch that game, I'm reminded all over again what a sloppy, back-and-forth affair it really was. When the final gun went off, I was so spent that I didn't even have the emotional energy to raise a glass in celebration. I just went to bed.
Porforis  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:12:54 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, that one too. I remember watching that game from a sports bar in Frankfurt, Germany. What a crushing disappointment that was. Thankfully, watching Super Bowl XLV the following year with Rockmolder from a bar in Gronigen in the Netherlands helped make up for the heartbreak. Though every time I go back and watch that game, I'm reminded all over again what a sloppy, back-and-forth affair it really was. When the final gun went off, I was so spent that I didn't even have the emotional energy to raise a glass in celebration. I just went to bed.

Yeah, I was actually semi-traumatized. It was an exhausting back and forth game, you started getting pumped up as the game reached the end of regulation since the Packers were behind most of the game but the defense finally made a stop and the offense caught up. Then, cardinals missed an easy FG to send it to OT. Packers get the ball, Rodgers misses a TD pass, and then gets his head taken off on the next play and suddenly it's just... over.
TheKanataThrilla  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:11:43 PM(UTC)
What, not this one too?

To be honest that was an amazing game minus the OT.

4th and 26 and the Seattle debacle is worse because both games should have been won and then we found a way to lose. This game we battled back in a amazing back and forth game and lost. Same with the other OT loss to the Cards. Both amazing games that we were lucky to get to OT. Unfortunately both times the OT performance was painful (bad call on the Rodgers facemask notwithstanding).

Rss Feed