Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Smokey  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:11:17 AM(UTC)
At 5' 9" and 208 lbs. , Aaron Jones is not all that different from some of the smaller RB's that have excelled in the past. One that comes to mind was the former NYG's RB Dave Meggett. Meggett was 5' 7" and 190 lbs when he played for the Giants . For the time that he played , he was very effective . Today though , Meggett is serving a 30 year prison sentence in South Carolina.

Aaron Jones however reminds me of the way that Meggett used to play . Fast, sharp cuts, smart as well . IMO , it will not matter who heals and returns to play RB for GB , they will be trying to get the #1 RB spot from Aaron Jones for the next 3 seasons . ThumpUp
nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:40:28 AM(UTC)
Ran off his blocks very well. Did he have two TDs? How he got into the end zone, I don't know but man, he accelerates and makes people miss.
Smokey  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 11:08:30 AM(UTC)
A.Jones 33.2.jpg (11kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Smokey  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:27:44 PM(UTC)
Right now Aaron Jones is GB's #1 Running Back . Ty Montgomery might try to return too early and may even fool his way into a game , but if he does so with broken Ribs that are not healed , he will only last until some opposing LB drills him in those ribs . They will have to carry him off the field on a stretcher .

Aaron Jones will also get better as the Offensive Line's starters return to good health. When Montgomery is fully healed and returns ready to play , then maybe there will be more sharing of the Running game. Until possibly mid-November , Aaron Jones will carry the greatest weight at the RB position for the Packers .

Cheers!
PackFanWithTwins  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:46:17 PM(UTC)
I like the way he is running, but what I am also noticing is that they are not running the stretch zone plays. Perhaps that is a result of the makeshift line, but I hope it is because McCarthy realizes that they run better when they keep more in the middle..
Smokey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:54:45 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
I like the way he is running, but what I am also noticing is that they are not running the stretch zone plays. Perhaps that is a result of the makeshift line, but I hope it is because McCarthy realizes that they run better when they keep more in the middle..

Using #33 will be a week by week process to increase his effective plays . Be patient and enjoy the great new phase in GB's offense .
PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:03:15 PM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
Using #33 will be a week by week process to increase his effective plays . Be patient and enjoy the great new phase in GB's offense .

God I hope not. I don't want to see those stretch plays come back. We have sucked at them pretty much every year. The way they were blocking, Jones actually had holes to run through.

I also don't think the plays are because of Jones not knowing the other plays. I think it is a product of what the blockers can do. Remember they have a Guard at LT.
isocleas2  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:49:39 PM(UTC)
I'm glad to see Jones play so well but let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. When Montgomery comes back he will be the starting running back.
wpr  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 9:20:19 PM(UTC)
isocleas2 said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm glad to see Jones play so well but let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. When Montgomery comes back he will be the starting running back.

Monty may well be the starting RB but we shall see if he gets the most carries or yards.
isocleas2  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:00:38 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Monty may well be the starting RB but we shall see if he gets the most carries or yards.

I wager Monty gets atleast twice as many plays as the rest of the RBs combined. The three toughest defenses the Packers played against this year were with Monty at running back, the two weakest defenses were with Jones at RB. Monty before he went out against Chicago was looking pretty damn good and that was with broken ribs. He's the better RB at this point in several phases of the game.

I'm thrilled to see how Jones is coming along but knee-jerk reactions are aplenty on this board.
wpr  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:47:20 AM(UTC)
I wager Monty gets atleast twice as many plays as the rest of the RBs combined. The three toughest defenses the Packers played against this year were with Monty at running back, the two weakest defenses were with Jones at RB. Monty before he went out against Chicago was looking pretty damn good and that was with broken ribs. He's the better RB at this point in several phases of the game.

I'm thrilled to see how Jones is coming along but knee-jerk reactions are aplenty on this board.

I hardly ever knee jerk. As I said we shall see. Monty may well be on the field more but Jones will have more rushing yards. If for no other reason than Monty's ribs are not going to magically be good enough for the pounding they will take in an NFL game after two weeks even if he wraps them up.
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:17:27 AM(UTC)
We know what we have with Ty Montgomery at RB. I say we rest him and those ribs and let the rookies run. Get them some live bullet action and hopefully it'll help the team in the playoffs.
Smokey  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:38:55 AM(UTC)
The better RB will earn the #1 spot . IMO , that will be Aaron Jones . I also like Ty Montgomery and in the final mix , both may just be equal in plays run . BigGrin
isocleas2  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:33:19 AM(UTC)
If Montgomery comes back and Jones outplays him he will have earned his carries, that can only mean great things for the Packers offense. Besides Montgomery NEEDS one of these rookies to take some of the burden off of him, before he got injured he had played more snaps than any other RB in the league. Not saying that's why he got injured but overusing any player isn't smart.

I still want to see what Mays can do too, Zero may be right let Monty rest those ribs another week and let the rooks get some experience.
nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:34:11 PM(UTC)
If Montgomery comes back and Jones outplays him he will have earned his carries, that can only mean great things for the Packers offense. Besides Montgomery NEEDS one of these rookies to take some of the burden off of him, before he got injured he had played more snaps than any other RB in the league. Not saying that's why he got injured but overusing any player isn't smart.

I still want to see what Mays can do too, Zero may be right let Monty rest those ribs another week and let the rooks get some experience.

Agreed, Jones's performance is the excuse needed to split reps, at minimum. Ty was hesitant hititng the hole, but he's got skills. They were just over using him. Having Ty on the field allows Aaron to diagnose the defense and swap out for matchups, due to Ty's versatility. However Jones is pretty versatile too.
wpr  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 6:35:38 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post

Aaron's injury no doubt changed the whole game plan but Jones had more carries and yards today. He was also targeted more on passes. Who knows what the rest of the season will bring I was only making a prediction for the game today.

As I said, I don't do knee jerks.
Rss Feed