Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Barfarn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:10:12 AM(UTC)
Yesterday Trump was being interviewed by Hannerty at an Air National Guard hangar in Middletown, Pennsylvania, talking about disrespecting our Flag.

During the interview the loudspeakers began playing "Retreat." Of course uniformed military are required to [if driving pull over] turn to the flag and salute and civilians to face flag and place hand over heart. Trump heard it and said they’re playing that to honor Hannity’s ratings and continued with his blathering. In the background several can be seen standing and turning toward opening of hanger. But, POTUS and about 2/3 the Trump fans in the audience FAILED to pay appropriate respect to the Flag.

Also for the interview the Flag was unfurled ceiling to floor on far wall of hanger to occupy the entire background behind the Trump and Hannity camera shot. But, they put bleachers against the wall so half its view was blocked. The Flag being purposefully obstructed and used solely as a background tool of propaganda/political purpose is patently disrespectful and violates the Flag code.

Pence’s political stunt during the Colts Game on Sunday [costing taxpayers at least a half mil] shows he too doesn’t properly respect the Anthem or the Flag.

People boo during our Anthem and many voice their objections to NFL protests while wearing clothes or holding a beer possessing the image of the Flag. You can’t respect the Flag if you finish your beer smash the flag on your forehead and hit a jump shot while burping or tossing that Flag bandana that you’ve been sweating into all day into into a pile of laundry.

In 1930’s Germany, nationalistic symbolistic buffoonery and patriotic prattle arm-wrestled justifiable protest away from Jews and their sympathizers. The result was bad for the Jews, but the German that sacrificed patriotic principle and deed for “patriotic” rhetoric lost their democracy. Imagine that, while pretending patriotic they actually lost the thing they were prattling “patriotic” about. And this German would have lost their democracy FOREVER, if they didn’t elect such a nut job megalomaniac.

The objection to NFL anthem protests has NOTHING to do with respect for our Flag, Anthem, Police or Military...NOTHING!
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:54:30 AM(UTC)
Oh really??

Colin Kaepernick: I won't stand 'to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people'

I love constantly talking about this, so much in fact I've stopped watching a lot of football and reading sports sites.

Enough is enough.
DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:52:24 AM(UTC)
As a fiscal conservative, I'm enraged. I have no doubt this will be the most expensive administration ever to tax payers. Just ridiculous.
PackFanWithTwins  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:14:28 AM(UTC)
FYI for Barfarn

They were inside a Hanger, they don't need to turn or do anything because they are indoors.

beast  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:05:51 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
FYI for Barfarn

They were inside a Hanger, they don't need to turn or do anything because they are indoors.

It's funny that Barfarn is just like Trump, yet he can't stand him LOL

Both are uniformed loud mouths that can never accept that they're wrong... even when it's clear to everyone else.

They say opposites attract, which explains why Barfarn doesn't like Trump... they're so similar.
Barfarn  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:54:08 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Oh really??

Colin Kaepernick: I won't stand 'to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people'

I love constantly talking about this, so much in fact I've stopped watching a lot of football and reading sports sites.

Enough is enough.

Why are you focusing on Kaepernick, he's one of a few hundred? What, one protester gets out of line and therefore the protest becomes ipso facto wrong?*?&^?%?$#?????

Oh and this protester after speaking with a vet, never said that again and began kneeling in protest. You'll never see that kinda reason, empathy, openmindedness and drive to do what's right on a Packer Forum LOLLOLLOL.

PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
FYI for Barfarn

OMG, you must have been a shameless “ducker” [People that run indoors before Reveille or Retreat and/or wait inside ‘til over].

Let me explain how this works. When a Patriot gets the effing chance to honor the Flag, he does it. A patriot doesn't call his attorney to determine if an open airplane hangar can be considered “indoors” to get out of respecting the Flag during Retreat.

Trump is the Commander-in-Chief, his behavior matters. His attack on all that is Brown and Black [Arpiao pardon, pulling FEMA from Puerto Rico, refusing to denounce white supremacy, calling Black NFL players SOBs, etc]; his military buffoonery like this [and saying “we got submarines that go underwater”, publically revealing the location of our subs, publically revealing future plans of 7th Fleet, revealing sensitive intel to Russians, etc.], and his embarrassing/unhinged behavior as a “statesman” [getting into kiddy fights with several foreign leaders, insulting and calling foreign leaders 2nd grade names, his unhinged nd emptier threats, his sabotage of Tillerson’s attempts at diplomacy, etc.]; his profiteering as POTUS; has created a HUGE morale problem right now. Our troops simply don’t believe that his putting them in harm’s way is about the interest of America; but more likely a childish vengeful temper tantrum or a move to profit in his businesses. It’s FUBAR for the squids, airdales and doggies, as well.

I envision this encounter between us:
Barfarn [Completing salute on completion of Retreat]: Private! Why did you fail to stand at attention during Retreat?!

PFWT: Sergeant Major, Sir! We are in an open airplane hangar, which constitutes being indoors.

Barfarn: That is a pile of bull dung Private. Here’s a toothbrush, you have until 22:00 to clean the latrine. If you do it again expect detention of 1 week’s pay and 2 days arrest in quarters.

PFWT: Yes, Sergeant Major, Sir. Oh, Sergeant Major is that 22:00 in the evening?

Barfarn: Looks in stunned disbelief and walks silently away shaking head.
PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:01:11 PM(UTC)
Once again, Barfarn proves he knows not what he is talking about.

Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:30:30 PM(UTC)
Too much ignorance to allow this to continue. Locked. Anymore will be locked and poster suspended. I'm done with this on radio and TV, I won't let it ruin PH.
Rss Feed