Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Smokey  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:47:50 PM(UTC)

Dead Horse
PackFanWithTwins  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:01:36 PM(UTC)
Barfarn said: Go to Quoted Post
The ruling on field was that Elliot's own momentum had him stopped at the 20 before being pushed or carried backward [IE 20="forward progress"]. To re-spot at the 19/overturn, "clear and obvious visual evidence" is required that demonstrates he got to the 19 on his own momentum [Agree that exists] AND that he was pushed or carried back by GB [Which does not exist].

The ruling on the field was that the play was over because his momentum stopped. That is all forward progress is. After that it is no different than any other play whether he had run out of bounds, was down by contact or forward progress stopped.

Player runs out of bounds, play is over, official spots the ball at the 20 because that is where runner went out. Replay shows the runner had extended the ball to the 19. replay result, ball spot changes to the 19.

Runner is tackled in a pile and down by contact. Offical spots the ball at the 20. spot gets challenged, and replay shows the ball was extened to the 19, replay result ball spot changes to the 19.

Why the play was blown dead doesn't matter on the challenge, they are only looking at the position of the ball at that point.

Barfarn  
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:30:37 AM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post

And Lastly LOL, the camera is clearly behind the 20 yard line [there's 5.5 yards toward goal and 3.5 yards backward in shot].

Here's the math of it: if the camera is above the 21, 8' feet above the ground and Elliot's reach is 4' off the ground the ball that appears to be above the 19 is in reality above the 20.

By this video shot NO ONE can tell you where the ball is at unless you know where the camera is!

Again no clear and convincing video evidence requires the call on field to stand.
TedThompsonsShades  
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:25:16 AM(UTC)
Here's a question for you. If a player is running diagonally toward the sideline, and reaches the ball out for that extra yardage, then tucks it back in to his chest as he steps out of bounds, where is the ball marked? At the furthest point or where it was when he stepped out?
PackFanWithTwins  
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:27:57 AM(UTC)
Ted ThompsonhompsonsShades said: Go to Quoted Post
Here's a question for you. If a player is running diagonally toward the sideline, and reaches the ball out for that extra yardage, then tucks it back in to his chest as he steps out of bounds, where is the ball marked? At the furthest point or where it was when he stepped out?

If not touched by a defender, the ball gets spotted where it was when the runner touches Out of Bounds. to get the extra yardage they would need to be holding the ball extended when their foot touches the white of the OOB.
TedThompsonsShades  
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:55:03 AM(UTC)
Well I've asked Pete Dougherty so we'll hopefully have our answer soon. LOL
beast  
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:48:57 AM(UTC)
Barfarn said: Go to Quoted Post
And Lastly

Uncalled for post beast. The post in question was removed yesterday. No need to bring it up over and over again.

Edited post by wpr.
beast  
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:28:07 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Uncalled for post beast. The post in question was removed yesterday. No need to bring it up over and over again.

Edited post by wpr.

You're right that was uncalled for. But it's also uncalled for him to continue to quote me on this issue after what the racist thing he was suggesting.

Zero asked us to walk away, I tried to until I saw him continuing to quote me and adding BS behind it. I'll try to walk away again, but I hope I don't see him talking to me again on this issue.
wpr  
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:23:31 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
You're right that was uncalled for. But it's also uncalled for him to continue to quote me on this issue after what the racist thing he was suggesting.

Zero asked us to walk away, I tried to until I saw him continuing to quote me and adding BS behind it. I'll try to walk away again, but I hope I don't see him talking to me again on this issue.

I don;t read every line in every post. There are certain people I hardly ever read. If you feel he crosses the line please report it.
Rss Feed