uffda udfa
6 years ago
Breaking my self imposed rule on posting in season because I've heard it's over? Watching Sunday, while I could stomach it, it appeared the Packers needed a grief counselor more than points against the Vikings. I don't think I've ever felt more hollow watching any team anywhere anytime. Sports is intangibles to me. I feel the rhythms and emotions and this one felt so awful and different I couldn't watch it end to end.

So, is it over? I thought and said it was over after seeing what we did to "improve" the CB situation. Losing 12 just speeds up the despondency minus the regular disappointment that usually goes along with it as expectations are grossly reduced. We were already dead before the ball was kicked on this season.

This is the time we see what we've truly built here in Green Bay. The Rodgers is everything crowd vs. the, no, we're a great organization/team loaded with talent battle begins in earnest on Sunday. Ironically, I got into it with Ryan Wood on Twitter who muted me because he couldn't respond intelligently. Wood mocked a tweeter who claimed Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy needed to be accountable if our backup QB plan didn't work out. Wood, clearly in the Packers are great crowd and Rodgers is everything simultaneously, wanted to hedge and basically say without Rodgers it was over. How could that be if we're a rock solid org/team? Matt Cassel went 11-5 in NE after Brady was injured Week 1. How could Brett Hundley who has been groomed for 3 camps not be ready when he's been under Mike McCarthy who is a noted QB guru? How could Brett Hundley fail when Ted had a higher grade on him and was thrilled to trade up and get him in Round 5? How could Brett Hundley fail when he's had 3 years of Aaron Rodgers mentoring him? Matt Flynn did reasonably well. Why can't we be reasonably effective with Hundley unless the org has failed? And...the larger point...How are Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy not responsible if Hundley fails? It's not like this is the first time around the QB carousel. Our team imploded without 12 the last time he broke his collarbone so how could we not be better prepared for this this time around? I would submit all one has to do is look at the defense over the last several years for a potential answer? Oh, I hear INJURIES! INJURIES, man! 12 has preached NO EXCUSES this season. Our media and fanbase are rife with them.

Brett Hundley was the most exciting rookie I've seen in the last 10 years or more in preseason during his rookie campaign. I wanted him to play when Aaron was in his funk a couple of years ago. So, I'm a Hundley fan. What we saw on Sunday was a horror show but I think the last person on earth who thought Brett Hundley was going to play was Brett Hundley. He wasn't mentally ready in any way shape or form. This Sunday he will be. This could be another galvanizing moment for this team. I recall when Sterling Sharpe went down. Everyone thought we were done. Same with when Robert Brooks went out vs. SF. Those injuries made the team better. Now, those guys aren't Aaron Rodgers but same principle applies. The mental coasting each player taps into because they know they have 12 is gone. Each man now knows he has to give above what he's been giving. How much more do they have to offer? We'll see on Sunday.

As I look at the schedule, I see 2-3 games this team could/should win with Hundley at the helm prior to Week 15. Hundley goes 3-3 and we're at 7-5 or 6-6 with 4 to go. So, if you're really into the precious playoff streak continuing we might be able to do that but I never thought we were going far with our D with 12. The good news is if we do make the playoffs and Aaron is back plus have to play Dallas, it will be in Dallas which is more advantageous than playing in Green Bay. All predicated on a successful surgery which speeds up timeline of a potential return. It healed naturally, previously, and took 7 weeks. Throwing side changes things from what I read, but if it's not as bad as last time or even same severity why couldn't he be back Week 14 or 15?

You wanted the Lombardi back in Green Bay? Hardly going out on a limb by saying there's next to no chance of that and there never was this defense to begin with anyway. It will be fun to watch some of the young guys as the weeks roll on. Devante Mays will become a factor at some point, in my mind. Biegel and Montravious should be fun to monitor as well as Josh and Aaron Jones along with King.

If you care about the playoff streak?

“The reports of it's death are greatly exaggerated.”

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

isocleas2
6 years ago

So, is it over?I thought and said it was over after seeing what we did to "improve" the CB situation. Losing 12 just speeds up the despondency minus the regular disappointment that usually goes along with it as expectations are grossly reduced. We were already dead before the ball was kicked on this season.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You're still delusional, the packers were 4-1 before Rodgers went down and that was while sustaining numerous key injuries on offense/defense. Hell the CB/S/OL is hardly recognizable with all the new faces being forced to play. Yet the Packers were dead before the season started? 💤

Your expectations are unreal and your illogical approach to attaining them is even more so.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Breaking my self imposed rule on posting in season because I've heard it's over?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Glad we can discuss things now instead of shouting at one another 😉
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
In the very limited opportunity that Hundley has been given he has appeared in parts of 7 games. He has completed 48% of his passes. He has 1 TD and 4 Ints. His rating is a whopping 28! Oh and he has been sacked 4 times.

Nothing that he has shown us in REAL games gives me any kind of warm fuzzing feeling that he is going to lead this team to very many victories.
Looking at the next 10 weeks I can see 10 losses as a real possibility.
Saints- L
Lions- L
Bears- maybe W if the defense plays well.
Ravens- L
Steelers- L
Bucs- W hopefully
Browns- W
Panthers- L
Vikies- L
Lions- L
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

In the very limited opportunity that Hundley has been given he has appeared in parts of 7 games. He has completed 48% of his passes. He has 1 TD and 4 Ints. His rating is a whopping 28! Oh and he has been sacked 4 times.

Nothing that he has shown us in REAL games gives me any kind of warm fuzzing feeling that he is going to lead this team to very many victories.
Saints- L
Lions- L
Ravens- L
Steelers- L
Bucs- W hopefully
Browns- W
Panthers- L
Vikies- L
Lions- L

Originally Posted by: wpr 

One INT was tipped, one hit the ground, but wendidn't have a challenge left. I forget the other. Maybe he'll do better if he takes at least one snap in practice the week before, no?

Don't forget Monty failed to hold onto that TD as well.

R E L A X.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
6 years ago
Only thing I question is, how long will it be before Hundley pulls a hammy? #NotToJinx
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Saints- L
Lions- L
Ravens- L
Steelers- L
Bucs- W hopefully
Browns- W
Panthers- L
Vikies- L
Lions- L

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Flynn had 177 yards 0 TDs 1 INT when he came in cold after Rodgers concussion in Det. After a week of Practice he had 251yards, 3TD, 1NT against New England.

With the receiving options he has, if McCarthy doesn't bonehead the gameplan I don't see why Hundley cannot play well. With the shape of our defense, Well probably isn't enough to win a ton of games, Saints might put up 50 on us sunday. Defenses wont have any tendencies to look for for a few weeks.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
Without Rodgers I think we are like the Colts when Manning missed the entire season. Hope I'm wrong, but...
Barfarn
6 years ago

Flynn had 177 yards 0 TDs 1 INT when he came in cold after Rodgers concussion in Det. After a week of Practice he had 251yards, 3TD, 1NT against New England.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

And when Rodgers went down in Bear game, Wallace stunk. After a week of practice he was 5 for 5, then went to IR.

Without Rodgers I think we are like the Colts when Manning missed the entire season. Hope I'm wrong, but...

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Only if Hundley or his successors 😂 plays like Painter.

On original post:
Read this thrice. This post is unhinged, but its ugly hating agenda behind it can be seen, hell, you could be President!

It’s exciting to see the coaches react, excited to see how Hundley does. So many opinionated FANS with strongly denouncing Hundley’s ability though they have seen no more than 1% of his entire body of work. Boy, ya gotta wonder what’s behind that! And if Hundley fails, we end up 5-11, these chumps will pronounce their genius, how they are such a better GM, a better coach than what 1265’s got. No chumps, if you’re baseless opinionations end up correct, you only transcend from a dumbass to a lucky dumbass.

Did ya see how Lenzy Pipkins played in Minnesota, wasn’t that spectacular? Oh wait, you said you couldn’t watch the game. That says it all right there.

In 2015, when GB started 6-0 you said they’d go undefeated.
In 2016, at mid season you said GB wouldn’t win another game.
In 2017, Rodgers goes down, you “SAY” you’re a huge fan of Hundley; but you cant watch the game.

Your posting record, indicates you’re hyper-emotionally unhinged, seems you’re placing your entire self-worth on GB winning! It is not healthy.
Smokey
6 years ago
If my "region' allows me to watch the GB vs NO contest on Sunday , I'll try to watch as much as I can stand . The AFC game option may just help ease the pain if the Saints build a large , early lead .

I don't have any illusions that the Packers are going to win on Sunday , the question is how badly will they loose . I salute the dreamers that never give up hope , but I'm not going to be eating anything that burns going down and coming back up. [confused]

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.