Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I've read a lot of comments from "fans" of the Green Bay Packers since Aaron Rodgers went down with a broken collarbone. It's been appalling what I've read. It's also why I do not want Packers games in bars. I'm not what you would call the "biggest" dude and hearing people talk so uninformed with conviction they are absolutely right with no possibility of another avenue of thought ... I would surely get my ass handed to me after I thoroughly explained how ignorant they are.

One example. I've read some say the Vikings lose their QB and they immediately go out and get a replacement. This was said as a slight against the Packers.

First of all, the Vikings were a Super Bowl contender because of their defense. Mike Zimmer is a under rated defensive genius. The Vikings built a roster with a lot of top half round picks and MADE good selections. The backup QB was someone like Shaun Hill who was in mid 30's. The difference here is the Packers were a SB contender BECAUSE they had Aaron Rodgers. You could replace a Teddy Bridgewater, you cannot replace an Aaron Rodgers.

Recap. Vikings lost a top 20 QB while having a top 10 (in scoring) defense. Packers lost a top 2 QB while having a shit hole defense.

This mentality comes from wanting to bash the Packers management and it's obvious and ignorant. Sometimes we pretend the other 31 teams are just ho-hum'n along and the Packers should stomp every team.

Another example. The Packers aren't that good because they needed OT to beat Bengals and needed a miracle drive by Aaron Rodgers to win vs Cowboys.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??

I'm going to tell a little fact about winning close games. You remember that 2010 Packers team? They were never down by more than 7 points at any point in the season. That means they were in it every week, every game. What happened? They won the Super Bowl. The point here is good teams WIN those close games. They had a plan, they got punched in the mouth, they adapted and came back and won those two games this season. That is what GOOD TEAMS do!

We are spoiled, so spoiled we except, no, we DEMAND the Packers win by 20 every week with this ignorant ideology that every other team is trash because we have Aaron and they do not.

But I love our passion, absolutely love our passion. If you watched the Mike McCarthy press conference earlier in the week, you'll know why we're going to win vs Saints and probably lose the rest of the season.

The team will play it's god damn ass off today and they will win.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I appreciate the fact that you get it. Ted has left the cupboard bare. Disgraceful that you can't even win with the prodigious advantage at QB, and then you lose that advantage and are left hoping Hundley is half what you think he is.

Not lost on me that I mocked this org for going out and getting a UDFA while Vikes spent to get a former 1st overall. What Minnesota has built is impressive. Winning now with Case Keenum. Just a better team than we have here. Not clueless to question our backup QB plan. We'll see if they're Lane Taylor right or Martellus Bennett wrong.

Here's hoping Hundley is that future HOFer Datone Jones said he is. If Datone is wrong, the streak is dead.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
6 years ago
While I TOTALLY agree they have drafted better on defense, I can't think of any team that could have the record we do with a different and hobbling offensive line every week. That has been a major issue and honestly, we have a lot of guys available. They just all got hurt!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I appreciate the fact that you get it. Ted has left the cupboard bare. Disgraceful that you can't even win with the prodigious advantage at QB, and then you lose that advantage and are left hoping Hundley is half what you think he is.

Not lost on me that I mocked this org for going out and getting a UDFA while Vikes spent to get a former 1st overall. What Minnesota has built is impressive. Winning now with Case Keenum. Just a better team than we have here. Not clueless to question our backup QB plan. We'll see if they're Lane Taylor right or Martellus Bennett wrong.

Here's hoping Hundley is that future HOFer Datone Jones said he is. If Datone is wrong, the streak is dead.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Our defense is good enough to win playoff games. Our defense is not good enough to win a Super Bowl. The Vikings defense is the latter. There's a huge difference between the teams right there.

I think from 2 through 53, Vikings have a better team. That 1 is Aaron Rodgers and I don't think there's a QB better than him.

As much as I hate the Vikings, I am able to understand what I feel is common sense. You can replace a Bridgewater, you cannot replace an Aaron Rodgers.

Lane Taylor has been a stud.
Martellus Bennett is a dud.

2016 Vikings let's say they are a Grade A team. Without their QB they are a Grade B+ team.
2017 Packers are a Grade B+ team. Without their QB they are a Grade D+ team.

I'm not sure if I can spell it out any more differently, lol.

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

I've read a lot of comments from "fans" of the Green Bay Packers since Aaron Rodgers went down with a broken collarbone. It's been appalling what I've read.

One example. I've read some say the Vikings lose their QB and they immediately go out and get a replacement. This was said as a slight against the Packers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Not sure we should agree until we look at history:

In ’74 Dan Devine was desperate for a QB. Thru 6 games GB was pretty good [3-3] given that their QB [Jerry Tagge] had a 36 passer rating. So GB signed the great John Hadl from Rams for 2 #1s, 2 #2s and a 3rd in the next 2 seasons. This trade worked great except for Hadl finishing year with a 54 passer rating, GB ending up 6-8 and dooming GB to an average of 5 wins per season for the rest of the decade.

Last year Bridgewater went downs, Minny in exchange for Bradford lost a decent player or two [‘Cause they paid him $25M] and a 1st and a 4th; all for the honor of finishing 8-8 [Bradford was 7-8]. This year they’re being led by Case Keenum, paying Bradford and praying for Bridgewater’s return. The Rams and Eagles traded these supposed franchise QBs because they knew what they had.

Top QBs simply are not available. If you can trade for one; get ready, because you’re gonna soon learn why the other team doesn’t want him.

Let me frame it this way; after 2010 what would it take for GB to trade Rodgers? 10 first rounders? Probably not.
Barfarn
6 years ago

I appreciate the fact that you get it. Ted has left the cupboard bare.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

This is 100% ignorant!
isocleas2
6 years ago
The Packers have also spent the better part of 2 decades drafting at the end of the round, while the Vikings have drafted in the top 10 numerous years (and the top 20 almost every year). Its a great system to encourage parity. When you have a HoF qb your teams usually do well and then every year the talent of your competitors gets better until they've caught up.

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

The Packers have also spent the better part of 2 decades drafting at the end of the round, while the Vikings have drafted in the top 10 numerous years (and the top 20 almost every year). Its a great system to encourage parity. When you have a HoF qb your teams usually do well and then every year the talent of your competitors gets better until they've caught up.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Yup, I mentioned this, but bottom line is whether you pick at 25 or 10, you still have to pick good players and develop them. I don't think the Packers have developed players as well as they could and should have. We've invested too many 1st round picks on defense with little success. And it's also fair to mention some draft classes are just not good.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

Yup, I mentioned this, but bottom line is whether you pick at 25 or 10, you still have to pick good players and develop them. I don't think the Packers have developed players as well as they could and should have. We've invested too many 1st round picks on defense with little success. And it's also fair to mention some draft classes are just not good.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Too many players lost to injury. Let's hope Hundley stays healthy. He's ready to play, just needs to get out there and get some reps.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Fans are passionate. That's the fun of it.

It has been disappointing to see so many misses on defense in the early rounds. Even taking into consideration making selections towards the last 1/3 of the draft each year, Ted has made some nice selections but his rounds 1-3 have been somewhat lacking.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.