wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Hundley was 12 of 25 for 87 yards and a 39.9 want.
Not exactly awe inspiring.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I actually was not expecting anything substantial out of Hundley today. Nevertheless he failed to meet even my low expectations of completing 50% of his passes, getting a meager 125 yards and a rating of 50. There are 43 QBs with a rating higher than 50. It is a bar so low it is actually laying on the ground. All he had to do is step over it.

In the modern NFL with the rules so skewed towards the offense and passing game, how is it possible not to have 150 yards in a game? Hundley didn't even get 100 yards and with the prevent defense in the 4th quarter he should have had 80 yards on the last drive alone.

As far as the coaching staff and play calling letting him down. Nonsense. They started him off with kindergarten level plays. If he would have succeeded they would have moved on to better, more complex plays. He couldn't do it so they dropped down the preschool level plays and he still struggled.

I can not see why any fan ever thought GB could get a top draft pick from him. When his contract is over he will probably be released.
UserPostedImage
gotarace
6 years ago
How many games before we flip flop Hundley and Callahan? Mike McCarthy play calling was pathetic...let the kid play football. The plan we had today made me scratch my head more than once. Also make Aaron Jones the featured back and leave Montgomery sit the pine.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

How many games before we flip flop Hundley and Callahan? Mike McCarthy play calling was pathetic...let the kid play football. The plan we had today made me scratch my head more than once. Also make Aaron Jones the featured back and leave Montgomery sit the pine.

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

They won't go to Callahan until they are mathematically eliminated. Hundley is their draft choice. Callahan is the lowly UDFA.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

They won't go to Callahan until they are mathematically eliminated. Hundley is their draft choice. Callahan is the lowly UDFA.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Hundley has a ceiling. Whether he will ever reach that remains to be seen. But he's gonna get his shot right now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
6 years ago

What do you expect the HC to say? That we are screwed now that Aaron is out of the game? It is mandatory that he say all these wonderful things about his backup QB. Mainly because he has no other choice. Excuse me for saying so but anyone other than a 10 yo should have realized what Mike said this past week was all talk.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I get having to “say all the right things” in the media. But either...

1. They think Huntley can throw the football and be effective-ish
2. They think Huntley can’t be effective-ish throwing the football

If 1, then let ‘er rip. Let him run the offense. If 2, start someone else. Because at the end of the day, you’re NOT going to win games if you don’t throw the football. So no matter who you start, you can’t just have kid gloves on.

Packers have shown they don’t trust Huntley and teams are going to sell out vs the run. Which is only going to make things worse.
Porforis
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

Not sure how much I believe it myself but part of me thinks the Packers know Huntley won’t succeed in the NFL but are trying to avoid drama by giving him a couple starts. Then when he fails, they throw in Callahan, a more traditional passer. Who probably will also struggle but might have a better shot moving the ball through the air - and the coaches know it.
DoddPower
6 years ago
I'll continue to say it: Hundley sucks. He MAY get better, and he's capable of doing so, but I don't expect it to happen to any large degree.

As 95% of NFL already knew, the Green Bay Packers are Aaron Rodgers. Without him, they are a bottom quarter team. The definition of average, at best.
Cheesey
6 years ago

Hundley has a ceiling.w.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yes... and he hit it already!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

Not sure how much I believe it myself but part of me thinks the Packers know Huntley won’t succeed in the NFL but are trying to avoid drama by giving him a couple starts. Then when he fails, they throw in Callahan, a more traditional passer. Who probably will also struggle but might have a better shot moving the ball through the air - and the coaches know it.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Callahan is a career scrub.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
The Saints had their HOF QB on the field yesterday , The Packers did not

The Saints defense was intact, The Packers were missing their most important cog in Morgan Burnett.

The Packers went toe to toe with The Saints for 3-1/2 quarters.

This game turned on ONE play.

Trevor Davis decides to return the kickoff, flag on the play.

Instead of 1st and 10 on the 25 it was 1sr and 10 at the nine.

Packers go 3 and out.
All the momentum swings to The Saints, Breese knows how to put the nail in the coffin!
Game over!
Eagles are 5-1, every other NFC team has 2 or more losses and most of you are calling the season over!
The more things change the more they stay the same!
Basically it now comes down to a 9 game season.
I think I will wait till I see The Packers name on that list that scroles at the bottom of the tv screen announcing what teams have been Eliminated from the playoffs until I give up on the season.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.