uffda udfa
6 years ago
I don't need to see anymore evidence. Bang the gavel hard and sentence the Hundley era to a return to 70s and 80s Packers football. I honestly had flashbacks to my youth watching Hundley yesterday. That dude was so nervous chomping that gum he made my jaw hurt.

This is what we get without 12? The only thing that gives me the slightest bit of pause is Brett was injured last preseason and missed a lot of time. Still, early returns aren't positive and I'd be lying if I said I didn't wonder if Callahan could do better than that.

Now, not keeping Taysom Hill needs to be revisited. He's a better runner than Hundley and no QB could do worse in passing game. It's a toss up as to who is more NFL ready, Brett, or Mitch Trubisky? Hill was electric in his short time. We moved from Wallace to Tolzien to Flynn. Not sure we can afford to not try something similar in hopes we get better than what we got yesterday.

Joe Callahan is one play away. How long does Mike McCarthy roll with Hundley? The season can completely get away from us. Need 3 wins before Carolina if 12 can get back. It's hard after yesterday seeing more than one as Trubisky vs Hundley is a total toss up to me. Oh, and maybe Cleveland with their similar QB situation trainwreck. We might be the only team to lose to the Browns. Circle that one on your calendar. I'm smiling thinking of all our fans who brag that we aren't Cleveland. Ha! Without 12 we actually are. Terrible org minus the gift of 12.

Would feel like we had another option had we kept Hill. Perhaps, Jerod Evans gets a sniff before this fiasco ends?

It's time to heavily scrutinize our braintrust after going through this for a 2nd broken collarbone. Solution seems to be as inept as attempts to fix this defense. The time for justification and excuses are over in Green Bay. It's time to see some kind of change.

Never felt more wrong on a player outside of Brian Brohm. Would be nice to have Hill to turn to. Hundley is shot from a confidence perspective as well as the rest of the team in him along with the HC.

Many mocked when some of us lamented losing Taysom. It's not as funny today as it was back in September.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
6 years ago
Other than his first preseason, I have always thought Hundley sucks. But I didn't think he would be THIS bad. I thought he could consistently throw for a couple hundred yards, couple TDs, and an interception or two a game. It other words, I thought he would generally execute the offense. Looks like there may not be much of an offense to execute. Perhaps that's why Rodgers refuses to suck and extends plays so often.

Mike McCarthy had better gets things together, especially after the bye week. Otherwise, he's really going to be exposed as an average coach that has benefited from elite QB play. Of course that doesn't surprise me. And naturally, I just expect the defense to continue to suck. No hope for that side of the ball.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
It is far to early to be able to determine what Hundley can and can't do. I've seen him make some nice throws and he has made some bad ones. He seemed to feel comfortable in the pocket and had some good awareness and movement within and outside the pocket. Didn't look like McCarthy did anything to help him out in the passing game plan. Getting him into a lot of 3rd and intermediate and long. Seen quite of few occasions where the same old 4 vertical routes were being run. Most high school defenses can cover 4 verticals.

Two weeks. Oline should be the most healthy it has been this year, Hundley will have two more weeks of taking snaps and McCarthy hopefully can figure out he doesn't have Rodgers and has to actually make a gameplan and not count on the QB bailing him out.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Other than his first preseason, I have always thought Hundley sucks. But I didn't think he would be THIS bad. I thought he could consistently throw for a couple hundred yards, couple TDs, and an interception or two a game. It other words, I thought he would generally execute the offense. Looks like there may not be much of an offense to execute. Perhaps that's why Rodgers refuses to suck and extends plays so often.

Mike McCarthy had better gets things together, especially after the bye week. Otherwise, he's really going to be exposed as an average coach that has benefited from elite QB play. Of course that doesn't surprise me. And naturally, I just expect the defense to continue to suck. No hope for that side of the ball.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

What? You are not buying into the bit about Mikey being such a great QB genius? I mean look how he created Aaron Rogers from linebacker spare parts in his basement on Tuesday afternoons!
UserPostedImage
Porforis
6 years ago

What? You are not buying into the bit about Mikey being such a great QB genius? I mean look how he created Aaron Rogers from linebacker spare parts in his basement on Tuesday afternoons!

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Don't be preposterous. Only the left leg was a linebacker spare part, the rest were a mix of RB, WR, and CB. And it was Thursday afternoons.
nerdmann
6 years ago

It is far to early to be able to determine what Hundley can and can't do. I've seen him make some nice throws and he has made some bad ones. He seemed to feel comfortable in the pocket and had some good awareness and movement within and outside the pocket. Didn't look like McCarthy did anything to help him out in the passing game plan. Getting him into a lot of 3rd and intermediate and long. Seen quite of few occasions where the same old 4 vertical routes were being run. Most high school defenses can cover 4 verticals.

Two weeks. Oline should be the most healthy it has been this year, Hundley will have two more weeks of taking snaps and McCarthy hopefully can figure out he doesn't have Rodgers and has to actually make a gameplan and not count on the QB bailing him out.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

First let him get up to game speed and get in sync with his recievers. Maybe salt in Geronimo and RR, who he knows and whose route running he is familiar with.

THEN we will see if Hundley has the ACCURACY to get it done consistently. I'm not too anxious about his deep throws, but he needs to get it done at the mid-range level. THAT is the question on Hundley.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
gbguy20
6 years ago
McCarthy and Dom both have their built in excuse again this year. Year after year they get away with doing a piss poor job because they get to point to all the injuries.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I saw two weeks referenced to get it together. The BYE week is a vacation week most of the time so it's going to compound the problem not help fix it.

Who honestly believes the majority of guys haven't mentally checked out? Hard transition going from best ever to less than 100 yards passing vs the Saints at home. Going to be even worse on road vs. better defenses like Steelers.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
I am certainly curious as to what the Saints would require in terms of a trade for Hill. I really liked Joe's work last pre-season, but Taysom was far better than Joe this year. Hard to compare as the competition was different, but he had me more excited than Hundley as well.

I know the playcalling was not great, but was that because Brett was not overly inspiring. Saints have improved in their D this year, but their pass D still looked fairly suspect from the games I have watched (Saints are Mrs. Kanata's team). More disappointed how we completely went away from using Jones who was having a Monster game. I do blame Mike for this.
Cheesey
6 years ago
I for one, was hoping we would keep Hill. At least he showed he wanted to play, and probably would do as good or even better then Hundley.
Another bone headed move by "Uncle Teddy".
Seems they think a backup QB just needs to be able to fit into a uniform, not actually be able to produce on the field.
Let's face it.....this season is over for us. We MIGHT beat the Cleveland Browns.......that's MIGHT.
I will still be a Packers fan, no matter how much they suck. I stayed from the "Glory years" through the "Sucky years", and as long as I'm alive will cheer for my guys.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (2h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (3h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (3h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (19h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
33m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.