Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I don't know about you, but I am ALL-IN with Brett Hundley. We either WIN with him, or LOSE with him. All I ask, ... let the god damn QB play the mother trucking game how it's supposed to be played!! You need to call the game to WIN the game, not call the game hoping to not LOSE the game.

Mike McCarthy’s support for Brett Hundley as Aaron Rodgers' stand-in was so emphatic that you thought the Green Bay Packers coach would turn his quarterback loose in his first NFL start Sunday against the Saints.

Instead, he never gave him much of a chance.

McCarthy’s ultra-conservative, run-heavy game plan and play calling in Sunday’s 26-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints offered few answers about whether Hundley can keep the Packers in the NFC North race until Rodgers can possibly return from his broken right clavicle.

“It was a challenge that I didn’t meet today,” McCarthy said. “He didn’t get comfortable in the pocket, and that’s my responsibility. So I did a poor job coaching.’

“Our passing game, we can sit here and pick it apart all we want,” McCarthy added. “Let’s just blame it on the head coach today.

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

No worries, we are blaming our highly successful coach who was completely out coached yesterday. That's right, you out-coached your own damn self!!!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

I don't know about you, but I am ALL-IN with Brett Hundley. We either WIN with him, or LOSE with him. All I ask, ... let the god damn QB play the mother trucking game how it's supposed to be played!! You need to call the game to WIN the game, not call the game hoping to not LOSE the game.

No worries, we are blaming our highly successful coach who was completely out coached yesterday. That's right, you out-coached your own damn self!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Lotta football left.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
To a point yes, but do need to also keep him from trying to do more than he is ready for.

to really help him, get him out from shotgun. The way Jones is running, get Hundley under center, so the play action can be at its most effective.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
6 years ago
After the AWFUL showing yesterday, I don't see anything positive from Hundley, other then the TD run.
He can't hit a guy when he's open. By the time he throws the ball, whoever MIGHT be open, is no longer so.
Maybe they should go out and sign Matt Flynn. He can't be any worse then Hundley has been.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
6 years ago

After the AWFUL showing yesterday, I don't see anything positive from Hundley, other then the TD run.
He can't hit a guy when he's open. By the time he throws the ball, whoever MIGHT be open, is no longer so.
Maybe they should go out and sign Matt Flynn. He can't be any worse then Hundley has been.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

How about we just give the guy a minute? They talk about the speed of the game and I would think where that may factor in the most would be at QB when he's asked to let it go, accurately, to the right guy, in under 3 seconds.
I put some of this on McCarthy because he didn't give Hundley a plan that allowed the guy to get into any kind of a flow and with the running game moving the ball that was a blown opportunity. He had play action sitting in his lap and didn't capitalize.
Mike McCarthy needs to cut the kid loose and let him roll. He will either grasp on to that and build his confidence or it won't but at least he won't be tied down playing afraid to make a mistake. This game was frustrating. It was like eating a snickers bar in hot car. Started out fine but by the end it was all a big mess.

At least go down swinging.

"The train is leaving the station."
nerdmann
6 years ago

How about we just give the guy a minute? They talk about the speed of the game and I would think where that may factor in the most would be at QB when he's asked to let it go, accurately, to the right guy, in under 3 seconds.
I put some of this on McCarthy because he didn't give Hundley a plan that allowed the guy to get into any kind of a flow and with the running game moving the ball that was a blown opportunity. He had play action sitting in his lap and didn't capitalize.

Mike McCarthy needs to cut the kid loose and let him roll. He will either grasp on to that and build his confidence or it won't but at least he won't be tied down playing afraid to make a mistake. This game was frustrating. It was like eating a snickers bar in hot car. Started out fine but by the end it was all a big mess.

At least go down swinging.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

You gotta let the kid make some mistakes. He will throw a pick or two, before he gets up to game speed. But until he gets up to speed, you don't know what you've got.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
6 years ago

You gotta let the kid make some mistakes. He will throw a pick or two, before he gets up to game speed. But until he gets up to speed, you don't know what you've got.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This. And if he gets shellshocked from throwing a couple picks and gets worse instead of learning from it and overcoming, he's never going to have success in the NFL anyways. Let him loose, give him a couple games, let him make or break his own destiny. What's the worst that could happen - we lose two more games? Is ANYBODY confident we'll win either of the next two if we DON'T throw the ball downfield?
beast
6 years ago

Packers completely failed to get the outside WRs involved.

And while Mike McCarthy is trying to take all the blame, I'm not sure a saw a good deep pass come from Hundley, as the ball normally went more towards the DBs than the deep WR. The Packers WRs even broke up a couple of INTs.
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

You mean the Brett Hundley that so many Packer fans thought should be traded for a first round draft pick? That Brett Hundley?
nerdmann
6 years ago

Packers completely failed to get the outside WRs involved.

And while Mike McCarthy is trying to take all the blame, I'm not sure a saw a good deep pass come from Hundley, as the ball normally went more towards the DBs than the deep WR. The Packers WRs even broke up a couple of INTs.

Originally Posted by: beast 

THe question I have about Hundley is his accuracy from mid-to deep range. But was this a function of not being in sync with these guys, not being up to normal game speed, or just innaccuracy?

We need to let him sync up and get up to speed. Only then will we know if he's just missing guys.

That deep INT looked to me more like a miscommunication than anything.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.