Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
If these players want to protest, they should do it on their OWN time. They are under contract to their employers, and when they are on the field, even before the kickoff, they should not be protesting anything.
On their own time? I'm fine with that.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

If these players want to protest, they should do it on their OWN time. They are under contract to their employers, and when they are on the field, even before the kickoff, they should not be protesting anything.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I couldn't care less about what they are doing. I am just sick and tired of hearing about it. I never asked for a damn tally of who stood, who sat, who knelt at the anthem. The media needs to STFU about it and realize they are not helping the "protests cause" with their tally of who did what. It is irrelevant.

The players want to get attention to their cause. They need to step up and do something about it. Period. End of damn story.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

You're argument is that it's the employers time, and therefore players should be doing what the employers says. But that's implying they've been told to stand...

If they employers says, you can do what you want during that time (like a number of the teams with protesters have), then they are protesting on their own time, because the employers gave them that choice/break, just like my employer gives me the choice/break of where I go for lunch.

So your argument suggest that you're pro-employer choice... and yet you're also attacking the players on the employers teams that have given them the choice, that you don't like, which would imply you're not really pro-employers choice...

You're pro-employers agreeing with you... which is completely different.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

I couldn't care less about what they are doing. I am just sick and tired of hearing about it. I never asked for a damn tally of who stood, who sat, who knelt at the anthem. The media needs to STFU about it and realize they are not helping the "protests cause" with their tally of who did what. It is irrelevant.

The players want to get attention to their cause. They need to step up and do something about it. Period. End of damn story.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree and seen it compared to streakers. When the media showed the streakers, they just promoted more streakers so they could get the media attention... and now that the media has banned showing the streakers, it's almost completely died out.

I think the same might be mostly true with the protest as well. If the media wasn't covering so much (or if the President, wasn't using it for political motives) then it wouldn't even be a tenth of a big deal as it's been made out to be.

I've also wondered if the same might be true with mass shootings. If the media didn't give as much attention to the mass shootings, would there still be half as many mass shootings as we got? I'm sure we would still have some, but I think if the media didn't coverage them so heavy, there would be less... but that's mostly just speculation, other than the fact it has worked with some other poor behavior such as streaking.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Papa John's controversial CEO steps down after facing backlash for his criticism of NFL anthem protests

The controversial founder and CEO of Papa John's, John Schnatter, is stepping down, the company announced Thursday. The company said its current president, Steve Ritchie, would replace him.

Schnatter sparked controversy in November when he slammed NFL leadership over players' kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial injustice and police brutality.

"Leadership starts at the top, and this is an example of poor leadership," Schnatter said in a call with investors.

The CEO's statements quickly inspired backlash on the left and support on the right. The Daily Stormer, a white-supremacist website, even posted an article asking whether Papa John's was the "official pizza of the alt-right" — the chain responded that it did not want "hate groups" buying its pizza.

Schnatter owns roughly 25% of Papa John's and will stay on as chairman after stepping down as CEO in January. A press release from the company said he would "pursue his personal passion for entrepreneurship, leadership development, and education." This is not the first time Schnatter has stepped down as CEO — he did so in 2005, after a period of declining sales at the company, then returned three years later.

Schnatter has a history of making political statements that spark controversy.
To read more, click the businessinsider  link

businessinsider  wrote:

This is kinda ironic... an Papa John's, John Schnatter, attempted to back his buddy Jerry Jones and get Roger Goodell out of the main leadership role... majorly backfires and gets himself out of the main leadership role.

Well, at least his quote is still correct... ""Leadership starts at the top, and this is an example of poor leadership"
Yes... continuing to use your position platform for political favors was an example of poor leadership... as once again, it has been followed by a large decrease in sales. Your job is to make customers happy and get them to come back, NOT upset and turn them off!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Let's see.......using your position platform......have we not seen that week after week by certain NFL players???
Ok for them, not for a pizza guy.......
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Let's see.......using your position platform......have we not seen that week after week by certain NFL players???
Ok for them, not for a pizza guy.......

Where did I say it was okay for anyone? Specifically anyone in marking/sales? I think you're wrongly implying something there.

The context was that "Leadership at the top", players are not at the top, which is why he was attacking Goodell... Goodell never made these political statements.... but the Papa John's (now former) CEO was both at the top and make these statements and therefore he's a hypocrite and he hurt his own company.

The NFL players likewise hurt their own industry and therefore their own company... but they (so my limited knowledge) weren't being hypocrites complaining about others making similar errors as them.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Just watch Papa Johns decline as a result of this choice.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
6 years ago

Just watch Papa Johns decline as a result of this choice.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

If you mean the CEO's choose to step down
1) It was already in decline...
2) My guess is that this is just a short term stepping out of the position for a few years and he'll be back as the CEO within 5 years (just like the last time he stepped down from the CEO).
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Papa John's, NFL make 'mutual decision' to end sponsorship deal 

Papa John's is no longer the official pizza of the NFL.

CEO Steve Ritchie said on the company's earnings conference call that the league and the company mutually decided it was in their best interests for Papa John's, which became the official pizza of the league in 2010, to give up the designation.

The brand is the first NFL sponsor to leave in the midst of its deal. The company said on the call that there was no additional cost for undoing the deal.

"The NFL and Papa John's have made a mutual decision to shift from their official league sponsorship to a focus on partnerships with 22 local NFL teams, presence in broadcast and digital media, and key personalities in the sport," the league and company said in a joint statement.

The end of the story has arrived.

As of 2014 here are the top national chains.

Pizza Hut - $12,900,000,000. ...
Domino's Pizza - $8,000,000,000. ...
Papa John's Pizza - $3,000,000,000. ...
Little Caesars Pizza - $2,900,000,000. ...
Papa Murphy's - $785,630,000. ...
California Pizza Kitchen - $739,000,000. ...
Sbarro - $600,000,000.

Any guess as to who takes of the slot? More than likely it will be Pizza the Hut once again.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.