sschind
6 years ago

I got to attend two games this year, vs the Bengals and the Lions. They say the Bengals game was the hottest home game on record. It was plenty hot.

I've never been to a really cold home game, but I felt cold at the Lions game. We were up high, on what used to be the roof and exposed to that little breeze. That coupled with not much to cheer for after the first quarter had me wishing I had dressed warmer.

I would go again this year if I fell into another chance. I've been to December games before. Yeah that December 23 matchup COULD be something IF Rodgers came back by then. Maybe if they beat the Ravens, Bucs and Browns!

Originally Posted by: greengold 

I've been to 4 games at Lambeau now. 2 of them were 2 of the 5 coldest games ever played there and the other two were just great games to be at. I'd go again if I had the chance but maybe not to a December game.
dhazer
6 years ago
We were actually lookin up the Browns tickets for our HR guy. The Packers vs Browns tickets can be had for $15 bucks right now and Parking pass is $25 lol. Might be making a trip to Cleveland hahaha
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago

I've been to 4 games at Lambeau now. 2 of them were 2 of the 5 coldest games ever played there and the other two were just great games to be at. I'd go again if I had the chance but maybe not to a December game.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

That January wildcard game we played against the Vikings after they beat us in week 17 was miserably cold. Not even beer could warm a guy up that day. It apparently worked for my lady though. After that experience I will not go to a cold game again unless it is free or later in the playoffs.
Cheesey
6 years ago

This is true.
It certainly was a pleasure to meet you that day.
While we were talking in the stadium that day, the weather was fairly pleasant as I recall.
And then the weather went all downhill from there.😁

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Same here Dave!
It was really something. I took pictures at the start of the game, and when the snow was the hardest, and you'd never believe it was the same game!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Hilarious!

Anyone who ever actually thought we were this fantastic organization has to realize that 12 is the only reason we're relevant.

This is just more proof of that. I'm really puzzled the SNF Steelers game didn't get flexed to daytime. Would love some background on that.

Going to a Packers game with no 12 is like time travel back to the 70's and 80's. It's still Lambeau so there's still an experience to be had.

I can't imagine anyone having a strong desire to go now even with this depressed market. Weather is rotten and team isn't very good without 12.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

What's wrong with someone wanting to see the team they have long admired at a reasonable price? It's great to have a championship level team year after year. That's not GB at this time. Relax. Lower your expectations. Take what little joy for the season that you can get. It's sure better than being angry every week over the injury that killed the season.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I'm not angry. Haven't been for a single second pertaining to the injury.

Yes...still upset with management and will be until they're gone. Murphy may ruin my experience until I'm dead. He may ultimately end my following of the NFL. I just got back into the NHL and am a Leafs fan...I don't despise the management there and it's a lot more enjoyable for me watching Matthews and the young kids growing into a cup challenger. The more I really think about it the harder it is to justify following a management I dislike and have no faith in with who is running it.

You're right...those who are okay with all that should go see the team at a reduced rate. I paid to go see Aaron Jones and Michael Clark earlier this year. Great night for football. Gotta say I hated what's happened to Green Bay. Corporatization took place and even the community is a disgrace trying to charge people 40 bucks to park for a preseason game? Spirit of the place has really changed since the mid 90s. A bunch of pathetic vultures everywhere trying to make a buck off the team's notiriety. I was really bummed when I left that night thinking how different it is now vs. then.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (5h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (21h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (21h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.