Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I love it! Fucking speak your mind!

At the end of the day you have to think of it as a business. Me, personally? I thought he quit on us. I don’t fault him, but I did think he quit on us. He let us down — as a teammate. For a guy that came in, of his caliber, his leadership quote-unquote, I expected more from him. I held him to a higher standard, me personally. But he handled it the way he wanted to handle it.

I honestly think winning on Sunday gave us a motivation to go out every week (going forward) and compete. That was the hump we needed to get over — winning a game, first and foremost. That Marty stuff, I’m glad we got it out of the way. It’s time to move on.

He-Sean Clinton-Dix wrote:

Source 
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago
I think it was PackFanWithTwins in another thread that said opined that Bennett was/might be a cancer.

Players NEVER trash their own. So for some players to talk about how they can rally now and for Dix to say he thought Bennett quit, constitutes a certifiable indictment that Bennett was a cancer.

1265's response also shows he was a cancer. Best way to recoup Bennett's bonus was to just put him on IR and let him retire [Assuming that could be believed]. But, 1265 was so determined to get this mutt off the team; RIGHT NOW; they reduced their odds to recoup the bonus close to zero and risked punishment under an injury grievance. Wonder if they knew of Bennett's plans to play!

I now call for Mueller to add to his Trump/Russian investigation and investigate that Bennett and the NE arranged this 😂. First Bennett acts like a little bitch to get cut. Second, they'll be at least 6 waiver claims before NE has a chance, so he concocts a plan to dissuade teams from claiming him. Third, NE claims him.and he plays in first game after being so injured. Punishment: NE gives GB its next three 1st round picks!

Cheesey
6 years ago
I don't think he had to do anything (else) for teams not to want him. All they had to do was see what crap he did here.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago
He did stand up for Aaron when that dude took a shot on him early in the year. I mean, quitting on the team is a bitch move, there's no doubt. But it's not like we didn't get anything from him.

How many teams could start street free agent Gs at LT and still go 4-1?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
6 years ago

I think it was PackFanWithTwins in another thread that said opined that Bennett was/might be a cancer.

Players NEVER trash their own. So for some players to talk about how they can rally now and for Dix to say he thought Bennett quit, constitutes a certifiable indictment that Bennett was a cancer.

1265's response also shows he was a cancer. Best way to recoup Bennett's bonus was to just put him on IR and let him retire [Assuming that could be believed]. But, 1265 was so determined to get this mutt off the team; RIGHT NOW; they reduced their odds to recoup the bonus close to zero and risked punishment under an injury grievance. Wonder if they knew of Bennett's plans to play!

I now call for Mueller to add to his Trump/Russian investigation and investigate that Bennett and the NE arranged this 😂. First Bennett acts like a little bitch to get cut. Second, they'll be at least 6 waiver claims before NE has a chance, so he concocts a plan to dissuade teams from claiming him. Third, NE claims him.and he plays in first game after being so injured. Punishment: NE gives GB its next three 1st round picks!

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

That's why the Patriots brought him back because he's such an issue?

Maybe, he's only unruly when he's stuck in a situation where he knows there's no shot of winning? Maybe, he didn't like what he saw of our org when the great masker got hurt?

No free pass for not doing his job but he only became an issue after being stuck on a bad team that he didn't come here for. He came for 12 not the Packers.

Glad he's gone but this story is as stale as day old donuts.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

sschind
6 years ago

Maybe, he's only unruly when he's stuck in a situation where he knows there's no shot of winning? Maybe, he didn't like what he saw of our org when the great masker got hurt?

No free pass for not doing his job but he only became an issue after being stuck on a bad team that he didn't come here for. He came for 12 not the Packers.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Like you said, as long as he thought there was a chance to win he was a great team mate. I don't know that there were any indications that he was a problem prior to Aaron Rodgers getting hurt and i am not even sure there were real problems up until he basically quit. I can't say that I would consider him a cancer because it seemed like such a sudden change. I wouldn't even say HHCD was saying he was a problem until he quit.
Barfarn
6 years ago

He did stand up for Aaron when that dude took a shot on him early in the year. I mean, quitting on the team is a bitch move, there's no doubt. But it's not like we didn't get anything from him.

How many teams could start street free agent Gs at LT and still go 4-1?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Exactly!
I was reviewing some past games and happen to notice Bennett's play, this time with the knowledge of the condition of his shoulder. His play with a labrum and cuff was 100% unbelievable. He now has to get a pass for each and every drop. This guy undoubtedly had god-like respect in the lockerroom.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

This the first time that we learned Bennett was a cancer. A patriotic, rational, mentally stable, adult scholar readjusts his opinions and thoughts as new evidence presents itself. A irrational arrogant childish lunatic ass-clown forms an opinion or thought and is unmoved regardless of any new information presented.

This news is significant, because it makes 1265's cutting him much more morally justifiable. It also gives more credence to the idea that NE and Bennett colluded to engineer his return to NE.

And of course real patriot men, honor their word and understand and expect this in others. Self-entitled childish little bitch fraudulent hyena predators understand and expect in others that inducing someone to trust in their word serves only as an opportunity for them to be take advantage of the induced. Bennett's agreement did not have a clause that said if Rodgers goes down, he gets to be a little bitch.

So if Bennett signed because of Rodgers, America has an expressed name for this type of person: FRAUDSTER! Does Wisconsin recognize promissory fraud?

Now America has a name for those that justify a person breaching and negotiating a contract in bad faith and then acting like a childish little bitch because everything didn't go his way: "uffda udfa."

And it is amazing several teams did not claim him. He's a pro-bowl caliber player or close to it in 5 different systems that can be had for the minimum and he's week to week. 1 problem and BAM, he can be cut with ZERO cap consequence. If Bennett announces he'll act like an ass everywhere but NE; this is collusion and the league needs to step in.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Not a thing to get upset about in my posted thoughts on this subject.

He was here for 12...left when 12 was gone. I'll apply Occam's razor here even though I'm all these horrible things B alleges.

I heard no retirement talk when 12 wasn't injured. Did anyone?

This org didn't want another retirement saga on their hands so they came up with a way to prevent one. BTW, it was reported the Chiefs nearly claimed him, too. Oh, and league already looked into collusion. Nothing found.

Not sure about you but it gives me great comfort knowing we paid 10 mil so the Pats could rent Marty B and Rickey Jean-Francois in quest for their 6th SB ring under Brady.

This is why we're "almost as good" as them like the very weak Mark Murphy likes to say.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
6 years ago
Occum’s razor? You’re abusing the razor like a Bama “Evangelical” uses the teachings of the Bible to justify support and senate vote for the proven pedophile Roy “the girl predator” Moore.

How moronic is it to think that the simplest thing any simpleton can concoct is the right answer? If this logic even remotely touched the realm of common sense, man would instantly become the stupidest life form on the planet. Surely, the inability to reason constitutes a huge advantage over a life form that reasons in pure dementia.

“Razors” are logical constructs used to “shave” off or eliminate explanations that don’t fit a set of observations or facts. You’re using Occum’s to ignore or shave observations, to wit: asserting a collusion investigation can be completed in 2 weeks; it is superciliously ARROGANT to assert your knowledge of Bennett’s plans to retire constitutes the limit of all knowledge on the subject; and you’re gleefully ignoring that Bennett was actually cut for purportedly not disclosing an injury, did indeed seek several “second” opinions, has a TORN labrum and cuff and could only muster 7 snaps in his first NE game; etc, etc, etc.

Hanlon’s Razor applies far more than Occum’s [Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity].

But, thank the intellect gods who bestowed on us this classic Razor: The Bludgeon of Crabtree [No set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated it may be]!

Using Crabtree’s Bludgeon, let’s learn about the razor set forth by Sir William of Ockham, so it’s never again bastardized by one playing the part of the simpleton flexing their pseudo-intellectual wit to justify some monosyllabic feckless and factless agenda.

Occum’s Razor is a scientific principle, which actually directly translates to “entities should not be multiplied needlessly.” It’s a law of parsimony that doesn’t judge correctness in any way. It simply asserts that when competing hypotheses exist, the one with the fewest assumptions [or uncontrollable variables] should be selected FIRST to tests. This is because the assumption with the fewest assumptions has the best chance of being the correct hypothesis amongst the others. But, anyone who understands science or life or football knows that often the more complicated hypothesis is correct. And things go especially haywire whne we don’t account for important variables.

A case in Point: hypothesizing [bitching] about Bennett’s drops. Boy, how different that discussion should have been knowing he had a labrum and cuff tear.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I'll give you props for working Roy Moore into a discussion about Martellus Bennett...both deplorable characters.

Sorry, the simplest explanation is the most likely whether you're accepting or not.

I'm sure this will do wonders for the potential FAs that ever thought of coming here in the first place. I sign with the Packers and they'll steal my signing bonus? Yeah, I'll sign elsewhere where that's not a concern.

Hope that comp pick is worth it.
UserPostedImage