nerdmann
6 years ago
Dom's defenses ALWAYS go into the shitter mid season. Then they start showing up again.

Hope Clay and Kenny are ok.

Hundley got spooked today, he can play better than this, he's got a few more opportunities to prove it. Fucking shameful, embarrassing bullshit on offense today. Wasn't all Hundley either.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
6 years ago

Dom's defenses ALWAYS go into the shitter mid season. Then they start showing up again.

Hundley got spooked today, he can play better than this, he's got a few more opportunities to prove it. Fucking shameful, embarrassing bullshit on offense today. Wasn't all Hundley either.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

LOL. this is like saying Hundley may have been the biggest turd in the toilet but not the only one there. Hundley is pure trash. one of the worse qbs ive seen. theres no way callahan is worse because if so, we got issues from scouting to qb coaches.
nerdmann
6 years ago

LOL. this is like saying Hundley may have been the biggest turd in the toilet but not the only one there. Hundley is pure trash. one of the worse qbs ive seen. theres no way callahan is worse because if so, we got issues from scouting to qb coaches.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Hundley has a much higher ceiling.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
6 years ago

Hundley has a much higher ceiling.

Not really. He can have all the talent in the world but if the game moves too fast for him after 3 years it's going to be tough to overcome and the game right now moves WAY too fast for him. His flaws now are the same flaws he had in college. The way he's playing is not giving the team a chance to compete in winnable games which is what you expect out of your back up (particularly one who has been groomed in your system for 3 years). He's not improving week to week, things he struggled with in Minnesota in his first action are the same things he's still struggling with game after game. Continuing to start Hundley at this point is essentially punting the season.
nerdmann
6 years ago

Not really. He can have all the talent in the world but if the game moves too fast for him after 3 years it's going to be tough to overcome and the game right now moves WAY too fast for him. His flaws now are the same flaws he had in college. The way he's playing is not giving the team a chance to compete in winnable games which is what you expect out of your back up (particularly one who has been groomed in your system for 3 years). He's not improving week to week, things he struggled with in Minnesota in his first action are the same things he's still struggling with game after game. Continuing to start Hundley at this point is essentially punting the season.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

He was making progress through last week. He just had a bad game today.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Will someone please ask nerd something on my behalf?

If he thinks this org/team does nothing but repeat same pattern every year then why wouldn't we blow it up in hopes of a better pattern?

No well run org should live with these patterns.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Will someone please ask nerd something on my behalf?

If he thinks this org/team does nothing but repeat same pattern every year then why wouldn't we blow it up in hopes of a better pattern?

No well run org should live with these patterns.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Is making the playoffs most years really such a horrible pattern?

How did you ever survive the pre-Favre days?

Does the world have to revolve around you always demanding to be #1? If so, I really don't want to know what got shoved where the sun don't shine... but bless your heart.

But using the blow it up idea, we should trade all our good players for draft picks... rebuild from scratch... and especially Rodgers because he's been holding us back from blowing it up. Rodgers would be the worst thing that has happened to the Packers because he's stopped us from getting high draft picks and has helped the enemy in that regard... Rodgers is holding us back from the blow it up stand point.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I loved the Jefferson and Lofton days... didn't know any better back then. Ignorance is bliss.

Now, that I understand how things work a little better, I realize how rare it is to have an Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure many are really dialed into that fact.

Rodgers isn't holding this team back anymore than Brady in NE. He gets the special coaching/org and a special TE. Aaron gets no blue chip player on either side of the ball. Not one. He gets uninspiring coaching and management. Passion. Do you see much of it anywhere in our entire org?

World doesn't revolve around me demanding we be better more than it revolves around you being happy with playoff appearances. The league plays the SB every year to determine it's best team. Those teams are immortalized. It's why they play and why I watch. Take the SB out of the NFL and don't determine a champion and I'll quit watching and lose interest the second they announce teams are just going to play to see who is good and who is bad. I'm interested in best, period. Making the playoffs is an incomplete pattern. You left off failing in the playoffs...that is the real pattern but you truncated the pattern because you're comfortable and accept said truncated pattern. TitleTown is not for you if you want to brag and cite playoff appearances.

Good hates best and good is the enemy of great. Facts.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Good hates best and good is the enemy of great. Facts.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

That's clearly an opinion and not factually based at all... if you were objective you could tell the difference.

But winning and having success stop change from happening and even you have said Rodgers has saved people from being fired.

Therefore based on your logic Rodgers' success is stopping change... change which you have been calling for, for years.

So you want to change the Packers pattern but you are also unwilling to change what you have claimed is holding that pattern together.

You want both, but it seems the only options that realistically are going to happen is one or the other.

UserPostedImage
Yerko
6 years ago

Not to step on the throat of optimism but the Ravens were ranked in the very bottom of many offensive categories. Had the opposition been even a remotely good offense, Packers lose this game by 40+.

These are the games that bother me, especially after a loss because McCarthy came out and said the same thing. "I thought our defense was outstanding." These are the offenses that mask how bad Dom is and allow him to keep his job year after year.

Sorry, I am in a sour mood after yesterday's game.

Kenny Clark's injury sucked and I am glad some Packers spoke up about that guard being dirty. He was pushing well after the whistle a lot of the time and there were also a few times he was diving into piles. Kenny was having such a ridiculously good season and I imagine the Packers will be without him for an extended period of time, maybe the rest of the season. Huge hit to this run defense.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.