wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

I can put up an online board and put the entire Wisconsin defense in the first round. That doesn't mean they are first round talent. It means I bought a domain and put up some keystrokes.

Sorry, I cannot agree with you here that you comparing two QB's who were drafted to be the franchise leaders (12th and 2nd overall) are anything remotely comparable to someone drafted by an Aaron Rodgers led team in the 5th round. It's like Apples and Sausage to me.

I've watched him play (as you I am sure, not implying you're not) and looked for things to be positive. I looked for better footwork. I looked for quicker decisions. I looked for tighter spirals. I have LOOKED for things to be optimistic about ... the fucker won't give me a god damn thing to be positive about!

--- deep breath ---

Sorry 'bout that. Anyways, young QB's should be told to count to three in your head, if you haven't thrown the ball, you toss it out of bounds or run north and slide. At least that's what I think gives a young QB a chance to get into a rhythm and build confidence and move the chains.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I would respect Hundley a lot more if he could move the chains on a semi consistent manner. Hand-off the ball, pass or even let him scramble for the first down.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Hundley stinks. He doesn't throw to open guys.
When a guy IS open, he waits 2 seconds, THEN throws the ball. By then, the guy is no longer open and it's intercepted.
This season is over. No reason to have Rodgers return.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago
The guy has taken 3 sacks on 4th down this year and runs out of good pockets into sacks and pressure on a pretty regular basis. On top of that was an all-time dumb move when he called TO with like 15 seconds on the play clock and 11 seconds till the quarter runs out. He can't handle the speed of the game on the field. He's not "bailing" because of some conscious decision to extend the play like Aaron Rodgers he's doing it because he can't read the field and process what's happening in real time.

He's been in the same system for 3 years playing in an offense that is top 5 with it's starter. 38 QBs have thrown over 100 passes this year and Hundley ranks 37th only ahead of a 2nd round rookie on the worst team in the league. Dude's just a bad player. Any other coach would move on to someone else at this point but McCarthy is stubborn and no doubt thinks he can fix it with some fundamentals.
olds70supreme
6 years ago
Hundley has had some nice ups, and a lot of crappy downs. I can't affect what is going to happen with this season, but I do have some hope. I've heard multiple people (this board and others) hammer home the "he's been here for 2+ years, he can't cut it...". It's possible that for some people, not playing the game for that long actually hurts their development. Sound crazy? Maybe (I might be stretching just to have hope for the rest of the season, lol). I know that if I have a lot of time to think about something I have to do, I have the tendancy to over think it. Think of learning to ride a bike. If you just hop on w/o thinking about what might happen, it will probably end in a scraped knee. If you study someone else riding a bike for weeks on end, you might end up focusing on the mechanics too much and still end up w/ a scraped knee. Ideally, you will have the right amount of understanding what steps you need to take but without overthinking it.

I'm hoping this is another Mason Crosby scenario. A few years ago virtually every Packer fan (myself included) though he needed to go, but McCarthy stuck w/ him and it seems to have worked out well in the long run.

blank
beast
6 years ago

The guy has taken 3 sacks on 4th down this year and runs out of good pockets into sacks and pressure on a pretty regular basis.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yeah that's what killing me most on him... when he gets good protection and he runs away from the protection and into the pressure... that's just a killer...

He just seems to run towards the pressure better than he does staying away from it.

Hundley has doesn't have the instincts for staying away from pressure... then he gets hit and when he gets hit, he's then gets gun shy and holds onto the ball longer.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
6 years ago

This is the problem right here. People comparing Brett Hundley to one of the all time great QB to ever play. Unreal how we set such unattainable expectations and then trash someone.

We act like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers type QB fall out of trees or something. Let's get freaking real.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well we know they don't fall from trees silly, they grow in MM's quarterback school. I remember always hearing how great a qb coach Mike McCarthy is. He always developed the great ones. Hell look at his record of being a coach , you have Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. He developed them all lol.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Well we know they don't fall from trees silly, they grow in MM's quarterback school. I remember always hearing how great a qb coach Mike McCarthy is. He always developed the great ones. Hell look at his record of being a coach , you have Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. He developed them all lol.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

You realize the CBA really had a big part in ruining the QB school, right? Regardless, people say he did well with Brett Favre. He did. People say he did well with developing Aaron Rodgers, he did. We all saw Matt Flynn have success under McCarthy and be a complete flop elsewhere. Hell, even Scott Tolzien looked better in the Packers offense than he has elsewhere.

Favre was already developed, but he also developed an entitlement. McCarthy sat Brett down and they reviewed every single one of the 29 interceptions Brett threw in 2005. They discussed his reads, why he threw it and what have you. Brett was frustrated by this and quipped "ya know I threw a lot of TD's too right" (that's not an exact quote).

I am not sure why we exaggerate things so much to the extreme. Why not call it like it is? He's good with QB's and respected in his profession for his work with QB's.

UserPostedImage
selinofell197
4 years ago
Pandora Jewelry 
Yeezy 
Pandora Jewelry 
Birkenstock Outlet 
Yeezy 
Nike Air Max 
Vapor Max Plus 
Pandora Jewelry 
Pandora Jewelry 
Pandora 
Kyrie Irving Shoes 
Pandora Bracelet 
Jordan 14 
Louboutin Shoes 
Soccer Shoes 
Pandora Jewelry 
Louboutin 
Yeezy Shoes 
Ralph Lauren Outlet 
Air Jordan 9 
Isabel Marant 
Nike Outlet Store Online 
Pandora Rings 
Nike Vapormax 
Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit 
Nike Air Max 270 
Cheap Pandora Charms 
Pandora Rings 
Yeezy Boost 
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Pandora Outlet 
Nike Outlet Store 
Nike Vapormax 
Nike Roshe One 
Michael Kors Canada 
Jordan 11 Red 
Louboutin shoes 
Jordan Retro 
Fitflops Sale Clearance 
Triple S Balenciaga 
Pandora Canada 
Nike Air Max 98 
Nike Air Max Women 
Kate Spade Handbags 
Birkenstock 
Ferragamo 
Birkin Bag 
Pandora Jewelry 
Moncler 
Air Jordan 
Pandora 
Air Jordan Retro 11 
Pandora Jewelry 
Jordan 4 
Adidas Superstar Shoes 
Christian Louboutin 
Jordan 11 Space Jam 
Timberlad Boots 
Moncler Outlet Store 
Roshe Run 
Birkenstock outlet 
Pandora Disney 
Pandora Jewelry 
Pandora Outlet 
Ralph Lauren Polo 
MBT Shoes Clearance Outlet 
Pandora Rings 
Yeezy boost 
Air Jordan 11 
Air Jordan 
Longchamp 
Adidas Shoes For Women 
Nike Shoes For Men 
Pandora Jewelry Official Site Black Friday 
Valentino Shoes 
Michael Kors Outlet 
Nike Shox 
Pandora Jewelry 
Christian Louboutin 
ECCO Shoes For Women 
Moncler Outlet 
Timberland Outlet 
Moncler 
Jordan Retros 
ECCO Shoes For Men 
Yeezy Shoes 
Adidas NMD R1 
Pandora 
KD Shoes 
Nike Shoes 
Pandora Jewelry Official Site 
Ralph Lauren 
The North Face Jackets 
Fjallraven Kanken 
Jordans 11 Low 
Curry 5 Shoes 
Off White Nike Presto 
Lebron Shoes 
Adidas Yeezy 
Nike Clearance 
Ralph Lauren Outlet 
Nike Air Uptempo 
Moncler 
Adidas Outlet Store 
Nike Air Force 
Birkenstock Shoes 
Skechers Shoes 
Bottega Veneta 
Ralph Lauren Polo 
Adidas Shoes 
Kate Spade Bags 
Fjallraven Kanken 
Louboutin Shoes 
Moncler Jackets 
Fitflop Sandals 
Nike Outlet 
Win Like 96 
Nike Clearance 
Nike Air Force One 
Pandora Bracelets 
Fitflop Sale Clearance 
Air Max Plus 
Pandora 
Kyrie Irving Shoes 
Fitflop Sale Clearance 
Fitflop Shoes 
Pandora Charms Jewelry 
Curry Shoes 
Pandora Bracelet Charms 
Pandora Outlet 
Adidas Outlet Online 
Jimmy Choo Shoes 
Kate Spade Handbags 
Pandora Outlet 
Womens Nike Shoes 
Nike Basketball Shoes 
Nike Epic React Flyknit 
Nike Air Max 2018 
Pandora Charms 
Skechers 
Nike Outlet 
Jordan 8 
Pandora Bracelet Charms 
Birkenstock 
Jordan Shoes For Men 
Pandora 
Vans Shoes 
Pandora Jewelry 
Balenciaga Shoes 
Adidas NMD 
Ralph Lauren Sale 
Ferragamo Outlet 
Yeezy Shoes 
Pandora Charms 
Retro Jordan 
Fitflop 
NMD R1 
Nike Sneakers For Men 
Louboutin Shoes 
Nike Outlet Store 
Adidas NMD 
Goyard Handbags 
Fenty Puma 
Kate Spade Outlet 
Christian Louboutin Outlet 
James Harden Shoes 
Longchamp 
Balenciaga Sneakers 
Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 
Pandora 
Air Max 95 
Jordans Sneakers 
Red Bottoms Louboutin 
Nike Outlet Store 
Timberland Boots 
Red Bottoms Louboutin 
Nike Roshe 
Air Jordan 10 
Jordan Shoes 
Pandora 
Pandora Jewelry Charms 
Puma Shoes For Women 
Adidas NMD 
Nike Air Force 1 High 
Pandora Charms Jewelry 
New Jordans 
Red Bottom Shoes For Women 
James Harden shoes 
Balenciaga 
Nike Air Max 2018 
Longchamp Handbags 
Air Max 270 
Pandora 
Nike Cortez Men 
North Face Outlet 
Lebron 15 Ghost 
Moncler UK 
Birkenstock Sandals 
Jordans 11 
Pandora Outlet 
Nike Mens Shoes 
Jordan 12 
Burberry Bags Outlet 
Louboutin Shoes 
Valentino Sandals 
Birkenstock Outlet 
Birkenstock Shoes 
Christian Louboutin 
Adidas NMD 
Pandora Charms 
Kyrie 4 
Kyrie Irving Shoes 
Nike Huarache 
Kyrie 4 
Air Max 
Moncler Jackets 
Adidas Yeezy 
Harden shoes 
Pandora CZ Ring 
Adidas Yeezy 
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance 
Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet 
Goyard 
Nike Air Max 270 
Ultra Boost 
Air Jordan 11 
Moncler UK 
Red Bottom Shoes 
Jordans 2019 
Kate Spade Outlet Online 
Jordan Shoes 
Pandora 
Pandora 
Pandora Jewelry 
Yeezy Boost 350 
Air Max 
Moncler Coats 
Nike Factory Outlet 
Kate Spade Outlet Online 
Lebron 15 
Ed Hardy Clothing 
Nike Outlet Store 
Stan Smith 
Louboutin Shoes 
Pandora 
Birkenstock Sandals 
Adidas NMD Womens 
Yeezy Adidas 
Kate Spade Outlet 
Vapor Max 
Vans Store 
Ferragamo Belt 
Air Max 
Air Force 1 Shoes 
Pandora Bracelet Charms 
Nike Air Vapormax 
Air Max 90 
Kate Spade Outlet 
Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men 
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance 
Goyard Handbags On Sale 
Nike Outlet Store 
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.