Zero2Cool
6 years ago
No. And Cardinals fans are the douche-bags of the world!!!! (ribbing ya Wayne and Ironman, if you even read the board anymore)

The St. Louis Cardinals fans self-identify themselves as the “best fans in baseball”. This tag has led to a great deal of mocking, as well as a pretty fantastic Twitter account. The idea is to exploit the irrational tirades of fans who identify themselves as the “best fans in baseball” as they quit on their [...]

Continue Reading @ PackersTalk 

PackersTalk wrote:

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago
What made the Packerfan revered was their unabashed loyalty to the team and those players that sacrificed their health for the team. Proudly filling the stadium 4-10 season after 4-10 season and traveling in waves in colors; gathering in enemy ball parks or around enemy TVs and most importantly winning with humility and especially LOSING with DIGNITY.

The advent of the internet coincided with consistent Packer winning. It became the perfect storm causing respect for Packer Fans to drop precipitously as the public can now read the idiocy demonstrated by the loudest loudmouthed minority. For example, loudmouths [those expressing disappointment in unsupported irrational raging raving childish rants] calling for disownment and executions at 4-6 last year and 5-5 this year; purported fans of Packers reacting to diversity like sarcastic petulant spoiled children.

No biggie, though they might monopolize forums, they constitute a very small minority. But, then we see an apparent drop in ticket demand and realize that: those 35 and younger don’t understand Packer adversity; many of the older core has passed or their memories of adversity have succumbed to a culture of winning. A bunch of Steve Bartmans are coming to games and refusing to care whether their actions help or harm the team’s chances. They revel in their entitlement, thinking only of their experience and their political agendas. They don’t give a flying damn about what is important to the players. They boo and proudly puff out their chest claiming, “it’s my right.” Well ya Bartman, it’s your right; but what if you harm your chances for your team to win. Fans were asked to unify with the team and most of these Bartmans didn’t give a flying hoot. Well, do ya think that helped or hurt your team? Obviously a real Packerfan would NEVER dream of acting to REDUCE the odds of the Packers winning and if invited to help the team win would rabidly acquiesce. Perhaps the Packerfan is an endangered species.

Once, the “fan” places his desires above the team or winning becomes expected instead of appreciated, the fan of the Packers simply ceases to be this mythical and wondrous Packerfan. And something else to consider, if it wasn’t for the unwavering Homer bastards that rabidly supported this team through the 70’s and 80’s; the Packers would been bankrupted. They’d be defunct and Wolf, Favre and White probably end up winning a SB for the Las Vegas Dorfwads.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Sorry, I can't resist. The veiled shots... classic. Nope. Not childish.

Not sure how we would know who the best fans in football are? What's the measure? Sold out stadium streaks? Number? Demeanor? Knowledge? Loyalty? Etc.

No question Packers fans are LOYAL. I'm loyal despite my chagrin. Closing in on 4 decades of fandom and there are many with 5 and 6 decades and even 7 or 8 decades in.

Green Bay is unique. It's changing which is sad but it's still unique. It's fans are as unique as each blade of grass. None of us exactly the same.

Honestly, who cares who has the best fans? You could be part of the best fan group but one of the worst fans depending on perspective. Clearly, I'm awful to some...we all see things differently.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
There is a lot of similarities between the Packer fan and the StL Cardinals fan.

Long standing tradition.
Successful organization.
Small market that has fans over a large geographic area.
Loyal fan base.
Knowledgeable fan base.

Also similar is the changes that have occurred over the decades.

There was a time when Packer fans NEVER booed the team no matter how bad they were. Not any more. Cardinal fans often applaud great plays even by the opposing team.

Younger fans from both franchises are not the comparable to the older generations of fans.

BTW, Cardinal fans did not start the BFIB moniker. A national journalist did. It is similar to the polls that rank Lambeau as the greatest stadium. Older fans don't put much stock in it. Younger fans seem to enjoy credit where credit is due. But that is the same every where.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
How do you judge that?
To me, it's loving "your" team, whether they are good or sick.
That does not mean blindly ignoring weaknesses, or not complaining when they play as bad as say, like they did last week.
I will always be a Packers fan. That doesn't mean I won't be upset and complain when they stink.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago
I don't know how one would be able to equally and fairly judge fandom, and I strongly disagree with the idea that their is a group of "best fans"...

When do you judge them, when the team is at their best? How are the Browns fans after an AFC Champion season? when the team is at their worst? How are the Patriots fans after a decade of not making the playoffs? can you even clearly define fans for all teams? as it's basically just an obsession with a team.

But I would certainly say the Packers fans are among the better fans because what other small market team has survived this long? Even outside of the NFL, are their many small markets battling and keeping up with such big markets? That alone, I'd say the Packers fans have been doing pretty good. But also they fill the stadium that's larger than most NFL stadiums, while the NFL is focused on larger markets (and might not even be willing to give Green Bay a complete NFL Draft Weekend).... and Packers fans take over some away stadiums when the the sunny south home team can't sell their tickets, in which other teams have been unwilling to let their Packers game be in Europe.

(Which Rams might of given up the right of choosing which game for the right to move to L.A. and therefore Packers/Rams game might be in Europe soon)

That being said, there are other NFL teams with very active fan bases as well such as the Steelers and Raiders... and some fan bases that still fight for their team to have success even after being horrible like the Bills, Lions and Browns have recently.
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

There is a lot of similarities between the Packer fan and the StL Cardinals fan.

Long standing tradition.
Successful organization.
Small market that has fans over a large geographic area.
Loyal fan base.
Knowledgeable fan base.

Also similar is the changes that have occurred over the decades.

There was a time when Packer fans NEVER booed the team no matter how bad they were. Not any more. Cardinal fans often applaud great plays even by the opposing team.

Younger fans from both franchises are not the comparable to the older generations of fans.

BTW, Cardinal fans did not start the BFIB moniker. A national journalist did. It is similar to the polls that rank Lambeau as the greatest stadium. Older fans don't put much stock in it. Younger fans seem to enjoy credit where credit is due. But that is the same every where.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Just like "Americas team"

I don't think its just the Packers or Cardinals. I don't think younger fans of anything are comparable to the older generations. I won't go into the reasons why I think that since there are many and I think we all have our own ideas anyway. I'm not saying they are better or worse, just different.

I used to have a signature that read something like "every team has fans that fans of other teams point to and say "all their fans are assholes" don't be one of those fans"

I have a friend who is a Packer fan and he is the last person in the world I would ever want to watch a game with. I don't even like it when the subject of football comes up around him. He is a super nice guy but when it comes to talking football he is insufferable.

Actually he is the second to last person I would want to watch a game with, especially if its a Packer/Bear game. I watched the Packer/Bear NFC championship game in 2010 with another friend and when she and her husband hosted a SB bowl party two weeks later I didn't go. I watched the game by myself. Another insufferable fan. Every team has them and every team has some of the greatest fans in the world (well except for the vikings)
sschind
6 years ago

How do you judge that?
To me, it's loving "your" team, whether they are good or sick.
That does not mean blindly ignoring weaknesses, or not complaining when they play as bad as say, like they did last week.
I will always be a Packers fan. That doesn't mean I won't be upset and complain when they stink.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Wait, I'm confused, I thought sick mean really really good 😕
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Just like "Americas team"

I don't think its just the Packers or Cardinals. I don't think younger fans of anything are comparable to the older generations. I won't go into the reasons why I think that since there are many and I think we all have our own ideas anyway. I'm not saying they are better or worse, just different.

I used to have a signature that read something like "every team has fans that fans of other teams point to and say "all their fans are assholes" don't be one of those fans"

I have a friend who is a Packer fan and he is the last person in the world I would ever want to watch a game with. I don't even like it when the subject of football comes up around him. He is a super nice guy but when it comes to talking football he is insufferable.

Actually he is the second to last person I would want to watch a game with, especially if its a Packer/Bear game. I watched the Packer/Bear NFC championship game in 2010 with another friend and when she and her husband hosted a SB bowl party two weeks later I didn't go. I watched the game by myself. Another insufferable fan. Every team has them and every team has some of the greatest fans in the world (well except for the vikings)

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I was generalizing when I was comparing older fans to younger one.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago
Packers fans of the worse.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.