Zero2Cool
6 years ago
No. And Cardinals fans are the douche-bags of the world!!!! (ribbing ya Wayne and Ironman, if you even read the board anymore)

The St. Louis Cardinals fans self-identify themselves as the “best fans in baseball”. This tag has led to a great deal of mocking, as well as a pretty fantastic Twitter account. The idea is to exploit the irrational tirades of fans who identify themselves as the “best fans in baseball” as they quit on their [...]

Continue Reading @ PackersTalk 

PackersTalk wrote:

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago
What made the Packerfan revered was their unabashed loyalty to the team and those players that sacrificed their health for the team. Proudly filling the stadium 4-10 season after 4-10 season and traveling in waves in colors; gathering in enemy ball parks or around enemy TVs and most importantly winning with humility and especially LOSING with DIGNITY.

The advent of the internet coincided with consistent Packer winning. It became the perfect storm causing respect for Packer Fans to drop precipitously as the public can now read the idiocy demonstrated by the loudest loudmouthed minority. For example, loudmouths [those expressing disappointment in unsupported irrational raging raving childish rants] calling for disownment and executions at 4-6 last year and 5-5 this year; purported fans of Packers reacting to diversity like sarcastic petulant spoiled children.

No biggie, though they might monopolize forums, they constitute a very small minority. But, then we see an apparent drop in ticket demand and realize that: those 35 and younger don’t understand Packer adversity; many of the older core has passed or their memories of adversity have succumbed to a culture of winning. A bunch of Steve Bartmans are coming to games and refusing to care whether their actions help or harm the team’s chances. They revel in their entitlement, thinking only of their experience and their political agendas. They don’t give a flying damn about what is important to the players. They boo and proudly puff out their chest claiming, “it’s my right.” Well ya Bartman, it’s your right; but what if you harm your chances for your team to win. Fans were asked to unify with the team and most of these Bartmans didn’t give a flying hoot. Well, do ya think that helped or hurt your team? Obviously a real Packerfan would NEVER dream of acting to REDUCE the odds of the Packers winning and if invited to help the team win would rabidly acquiesce. Perhaps the Packerfan is an endangered species.

Once, the “fan” places his desires above the team or winning becomes expected instead of appreciated, the fan of the Packers simply ceases to be this mythical and wondrous Packerfan. And something else to consider, if it wasn’t for the unwavering Homer bastards that rabidly supported this team through the 70’s and 80’s; the Packers would been bankrupted. They’d be defunct and Wolf, Favre and White probably end up winning a SB for the Las Vegas Dorfwads.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Sorry, I can't resist. The veiled shots... classic. Nope. Not childish.

Not sure how we would know who the best fans in football are? What's the measure? Sold out stadium streaks? Number? Demeanor? Knowledge? Loyalty? Etc.

No question Packers fans are LOYAL. I'm loyal despite my chagrin. Closing in on 4 decades of fandom and there are many with 5 and 6 decades and even 7 or 8 decades in.

Green Bay is unique. It's changing which is sad but it's still unique. It's fans are as unique as each blade of grass. None of us exactly the same.

Honestly, who cares who has the best fans? You could be part of the best fan group but one of the worst fans depending on perspective. Clearly, I'm awful to some...we all see things differently.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
There is a lot of similarities between the Packer fan and the StL Cardinals fan.

Long standing tradition.
Successful organization.
Small market that has fans over a large geographic area.
Loyal fan base.
Knowledgeable fan base.

Also similar is the changes that have occurred over the decades.

There was a time when Packer fans NEVER booed the team no matter how bad they were. Not any more. Cardinal fans often applaud great plays even by the opposing team.

Younger fans from both franchises are not the comparable to the older generations of fans.

BTW, Cardinal fans did not start the BFIB moniker. A national journalist did. It is similar to the polls that rank Lambeau as the greatest stadium. Older fans don't put much stock in it. Younger fans seem to enjoy credit where credit is due. But that is the same every where.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
How do you judge that?
To me, it's loving "your" team, whether they are good or sick.
That does not mean blindly ignoring weaknesses, or not complaining when they play as bad as say, like they did last week.
I will always be a Packers fan. That doesn't mean I won't be upset and complain when they stink.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago
I don't know how one would be able to equally and fairly judge fandom, and I strongly disagree with the idea that their is a group of "best fans"...

When do you judge them, when the team is at their best? How are the Browns fans after an AFC Champion season? when the team is at their worst? How are the Patriots fans after a decade of not making the playoffs? can you even clearly define fans for all teams? as it's basically just an obsession with a team.

But I would certainly say the Packers fans are among the better fans because what other small market team has survived this long? Even outside of the NFL, are their many small markets battling and keeping up with such big markets? That alone, I'd say the Packers fans have been doing pretty good. But also they fill the stadium that's larger than most NFL stadiums, while the NFL is focused on larger markets (and might not even be willing to give Green Bay a complete NFL Draft Weekend).... and Packers fans take over some away stadiums when the the sunny south home team can't sell their tickets, in which other teams have been unwilling to let their Packers game be in Europe.

(Which Rams might of given up the right of choosing which game for the right to move to L.A. and therefore Packers/Rams game might be in Europe soon)

That being said, there are other NFL teams with very active fan bases as well such as the Steelers and Raiders... and some fan bases that still fight for their team to have success even after being horrible like the Bills, Lions and Browns have recently.
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

There is a lot of similarities between the Packer fan and the StL Cardinals fan.

Long standing tradition.
Successful organization.
Small market that has fans over a large geographic area.
Loyal fan base.
Knowledgeable fan base.

Also similar is the changes that have occurred over the decades.

There was a time when Packer fans NEVER booed the team no matter how bad they were. Not any more. Cardinal fans often applaud great plays even by the opposing team.

Younger fans from both franchises are not the comparable to the older generations of fans.

BTW, Cardinal fans did not start the BFIB moniker. A national journalist did. It is similar to the polls that rank Lambeau as the greatest stadium. Older fans don't put much stock in it. Younger fans seem to enjoy credit where credit is due. But that is the same every where.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Just like "Americas team"

I don't think its just the Packers or Cardinals. I don't think younger fans of anything are comparable to the older generations. I won't go into the reasons why I think that since there are many and I think we all have our own ideas anyway. I'm not saying they are better or worse, just different.

I used to have a signature that read something like "every team has fans that fans of other teams point to and say "all their fans are assholes" don't be one of those fans"

I have a friend who is a Packer fan and he is the last person in the world I would ever want to watch a game with. I don't even like it when the subject of football comes up around him. He is a super nice guy but when it comes to talking football he is insufferable.

Actually he is the second to last person I would want to watch a game with, especially if its a Packer/Bear game. I watched the Packer/Bear NFC championship game in 2010 with another friend and when she and her husband hosted a SB bowl party two weeks later I didn't go. I watched the game by myself. Another insufferable fan. Every team has them and every team has some of the greatest fans in the world (well except for the vikings)
sschind
6 years ago

How do you judge that?
To me, it's loving "your" team, whether they are good or sick.
That does not mean blindly ignoring weaknesses, or not complaining when they play as bad as say, like they did last week.
I will always be a Packers fan. That doesn't mean I won't be upset and complain when they stink.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Wait, I'm confused, I thought sick mean really really good 😕
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Just like "Americas team"

I don't think its just the Packers or Cardinals. I don't think younger fans of anything are comparable to the older generations. I won't go into the reasons why I think that since there are many and I think we all have our own ideas anyway. I'm not saying they are better or worse, just different.

I used to have a signature that read something like "every team has fans that fans of other teams point to and say "all their fans are assholes" don't be one of those fans"

I have a friend who is a Packer fan and he is the last person in the world I would ever want to watch a game with. I don't even like it when the subject of football comes up around him. He is a super nice guy but when it comes to talking football he is insufferable.

Actually he is the second to last person I would want to watch a game with, especially if its a Packer/Bear game. I watched the Packer/Bear NFC championship game in 2010 with another friend and when she and her husband hosted a SB bowl party two weeks later I didn't go. I watched the game by myself. Another insufferable fan. Every team has them and every team has some of the greatest fans in the world (well except for the vikings)

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I was generalizing when I was comparing older fans to younger one.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago
Packers fans of the worse.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (19h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.