6 years ago
https://www.totalpackers.com/2017/11/steelers-blowout-swan-song-for-thompson-and-mccarthy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+totalpackers+%28Total+Packers%29 

I was so giddy after reading this. Could not disagree with one thing, except I will still try to watch an entire Packers game. Sundays game could be over @halftime.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Mark Murphy will not fire UncleT and Coach Mike after the season. Not having Aaron is giving them both a get out of jail free card. He may not give them extensions on their current contracts but he won't fire them either.

I also have a problem with a so called fan of them team hoping that Hundley has a terrible game while Watt has a great game. I except a GB loss but I don't wish it to be so.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Mark Murphy will not fire UncleT and Coach Mike after the season. Not having Aaron is giving them both a get out of jail free card. He may not give them extensions on their current contracts but he won't fire them either.

I also have a problem with a so called fan of them team hoping that Hundley has a terrible game while Watt has a great game. I except a GB loss but I don't wish it to be so.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Continuing identical threads like this is what is sickening...There's no crying or get out of jail free cards in football. 😂

So if a fan don't think like you, he's a "so-called fan?" You now gonna decide what fans can and cant believe? I dont agree with a suck-for-Luck type campaign, but I surely understand a fan's logic behind it. That's called a civil disagreement. You can have disagreement and can attack the ARGUMENT; but shouldn't attack the person's character, when you disagree with them.

You appear to state with certainty a fore-knowledge of 1265's contractual thinking. Like you are an expert or that Murphy and the Board have consulted with you. Of course, a well-adjusted and sound thinking human understands that this is simply a way one might chose to express an unsupported opinion that they feel strongly about on a silly sports forum.

I digress. Your extension/fire the coach corollary is not well thought out. Ted's at retirement age with what could be thought of as a successor already in the works. But, Mike is a 100% different animal. There's a name for a super successful guy coaching in his last year after 1 possibly bad season: Lame Duck. Lame Ducks have trouble keeping and signing new staff w/ other options, securing FA's w/ other options [this is already a huge issue in GB] and getting the players to buy into the team concept.

On of three things will Happen:
1. Mike gets an extension [and this will happen unless Mike wants out];
2. If Mike wants out, he gets fired at end of season; or
3. GB will suck next year, then a rebuild begins in 2019.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

It would be fitting if a blowout loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers were the swan song for Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson, who just couldn't take T.J. Watt.
The post Blowout Loss: Fitting Swan Song For Thompson, McCarthy appeared first on Total Packers.

Continue Reading @ TotalPackers 

TotalPackers wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

The few who are wanting/hoping for a Packers loss, I mean, I know they think a loss (or multiple) will usher in a regime change. I just don't know why those few feel strongly that the grass is going to be greener. It sucks how shitty we have been playing with all these injuries. But when it comes down to it, I would rather see the team pull it out of their ass than want/hope for them to take in the ass.

It really makes me wonder about "people" at times. I don't let a few "bad apples" (for lack of better phrase) ruin my opinion of the masses, but shit, why want root for YOUR team to win? To defy the odds!

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
But, Kevin, doesn't someone have to put it in your ass before you can pull it out of your ass? 😕
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Continuing identical threads like this is what is sickening...There's no crying or get out of jail free cards in football. 😂

So if a fan don't think like you, he's a "so-called fan?" You now gonna decide what fans can and cant believe? I dont agree with a suck-for-Luck type campaign, but I surely understand a fan's logic behind it. That's called a civil disagreement. You can have disagreement and can attack the ARGUMENT; but shouldn't attack the person's character, when you disagree with them.

You appear to state with certainty a fore-knowledge of 1265's contractual thinking. Like you are an expert or that Murphy and the Board have consulted with you. Of course, a well-adjusted and sound thinking human understands that this is simply a way one might chose to express an unsupported opinion that they feel strongly about on a silly sports forum.

I digress. Your extension/fire the coach corollary is not well thought out. Ted's at retirement age with what could be thought of as a successor already in the works. But, Mike is a 100% different animal. There's a name for a super successful guy coaching in his last year after 1 possibly bad season: Lame Duck. Lame Ducks have trouble keeping and signing new staff w/ other options, securing FA's w/ other options [this is already a huge issue in GB] and getting the players to buy into the team concept.

On of three things will Happen:
1. Mike gets an extension [and this will happen unless Mike wants out];
2. If Mike wants out, he gets fired at end of season; or
3. GB will suck next year, then a rebuild begins in 2019.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

#Rich #Irony

There's not a person on this planet of reasonable capacity that wasn't taught something and or believes something. I've seen hate, and lots of it, flow through you, B. Speaking to civility? Well...

I would find it hard to disagree with the idea that it's more beneficial this team loses every single game and experiences major change vs. winning a few more and finishing around 8-8 and keeping the status quo.

Who wants this team to lose? I don't think there's anybody. If I could have it my way, Hundley would be better than Rodgers and we'd roll to a SB win this season. That doesn't look very likely and I already believed in my heart of hearts we had no chance even with 12 and needed changes, so, for me, I'll be more than happy to see us tank while wishing it didn't have to be that way.

I've said this, previously, but I think 5 years or so from now there will be an entire mass of people who will all of a sudden start espousing the very same viewpoints they're panning here today. It happened with Favre, and the type of guy he really was, and it will happen with this regime when everyone has the ability to really look back and not be "in the moment". Only then, like with Favre, will we see what some of us already post about. While not as dramatic, as the old, "wrong side of history" refrain, you will surely be on the wrong side of Packers history for whatever that is worth.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

6 years ago
why does zero2cool get to change the title of the topic I started?
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

why does zero2cool get to change the title of the topic I started?

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

There were two topics that referenced the same article. They were merged and one topic title was taken and one was ignored. Feel free to change the title to what you'd like. zero2cool didn't change shit.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Back to the topic here. We all agree, the Packers could have done better at building the roster. If not, let's just say we do for sake of argument.

What if this season is an eye opener to the staff and they are more aggressive at filling holes and building depth? They still use the draft primarily, but add in free agents here and there to round out the depth? Primary example, the back up QB can't cut it so they bring in a veteran who can?

Those who hate the regime, those who want, err DEMAND change ... if this were to happen, would you be able to root for the Packers to win then?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.