sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
... that you can't help but be excited about even though they lost. Hear me out before you jump down my throat. There are those who will say a loss is a loss. These are the same people who say anything short of a Super Bowl win is a failed season. If that's you feel free to stop reading now because you will disagree with everything I am about to say.

No one thought the Packers would win this game. I didn't and if you are honest you probably didn't either. No one thought this would even be close. I didn't and you probably didn't either. I can't think of anything that would make you think otherwise. We have been struggling mightily without Aaron Rodgers and the Steelers have the best QB/WR/RB combo in the league without question. I don't blame anyone for thinking we had no chance in this one.

After the opening drive I think everyone thought "here we go" then the Packers drove back and took the lead. Then they extended their lead. Did anyone expect that the Packers would be up 14-6 in this game? I doubt it. Even at half time I was still thinking the Steelers would come out after half time and pour it on. That didn't happen and I for one am impressed with the way the Packers played.

Were there some mistakes? Of course there were. Every team makes them. we didn't seem to have an answer for that trio and if it wasn't for the three turnovers it may have been a lot worse but the thing is we DID get those turnovers and it was close.

You will see some people say things like don't get too excited about this. We are still pretty much the same team we were before and nothing has changed and you know what? they are right. I didn't see anything last night that makes me all of a sudden say Hey, we are not that bad, We still have a chance. We still have the same issues we had before the game, although it is nice to know that we are capable of stepping up our game even if it isn't a trend yet.

I'm not talking at all about what this game means for the future of the packers. I'm not saying that its all wee needed to build confidence and provide a basis to build on. I'm talking about the game last night. If you didn't watch that game and come away thinking it was a pretty darn good game even though we lost I don't know what it would take for you to feel that way.

You may still feel we won't win another game without AR, and we may not. You may still feel that the only help for the Packers is getting rid of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and DC and it may be. But for one game, despite the outcome, I don't think you can help with being impressed by the way the Packers played.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Do you feel confident in going into next season with him as the backup? He's realistically 1-4 as the QB. I need to see more over the next couple of games to get there.

I posted it elsewhere but is it possible there was a bit of a fix involved? Two wide open TD passes and a long screen? I hate going there but the change was dramatic as far as results. When something seems to good to be true it usually is, as they say.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
6 years ago
Agreed, my problem with "Minimal Mike" McCarthy is that we are ALWAYS in this "must win" position.

I mean, it's GREAT that the guys stepped up and fought hard. We took a contender right down to the wire without Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Ty Montgomery, Kenny Clark, Clay Matthews, Brian Bulaga, Kevin King and a plethora of other guys. (Yeah I know, King played, but at about 75%.)

I just get sick of ALWAYS putting out the minimum production, even WITH Aaron Rodgers and all those guys. I am also sick of the constant stream of injuries, including ones that result from teams knowing that they can cheap shot our guys and get away with it.

I guess we're not mathematically eliminated yet, but I still don't like being in this position.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I heard Steelers are over hyped.

2 Losses
Jaguars with Blake Bortles beat them.
Bears with Mike Glennon beat them.

9 Wins
Browns with DeShonne Kizer
Vikings with Case Keenum (best W of season)
Ravens with Joe Flaaco
Bengals with Andy Dalton
Lions with Matt Stafford (2nd best W)
Colts with Jacoby Brissett, come back win after being down at halftime
Titans with Marcus Mariotta (dominated this game)
Chiefs with Alex Smith (good win here that started Chiefs slide)
Packers with Brett Hundley, last second FG to win

Packers scored 28 points on them with a backup QB, missing starting T, blah blah wah wah ... on Steelers defense. Only Jaguars scored more than that vs Steelers. That's a good damn defense they have.
UserPostedImage
sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Do you feel confident in going into next season with him as the backup? He's realistically 1-4 as the QB. I need to see more over the next couple of games to get there.

I posted it elsewhere but is it possible there was a bit of a fix involved? Two wide open TD passes and a long screen? I hate going there but the change was dramatic as far as results. When something seems to good to be true it usually is, as they say.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Right now I don't have to think about that. We still have several games this season to see what he does. Besides, like I said, I wasn't talking about next season or next week or anything other than Sunday nights game. In a game where no one though we had a snowballs chance in hell of even staying in the game we kept it close and actually had a chance to win. To me that is reason enough to say I enjoyed the game.
nerdmann
6 years ago

Right now I don't have to think about that. We still have several games this season to see what he does. Besides, like I said, I wasn't talking about next season or next week or anything other than Sunday nights game. In a game where no one though we had a snowballs chance in hell of even staying in the game we kept it close and actually had a chance to win. To me that is reason enough to say I enjoyed the game.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Imagine what Ted could get in the draft for guys like Hundley, Clay Matthews and Randall Cobb. Should be a heck of an offseason.

But again, it ain't over.

Win these two winnable games and let's see where we're at. Seems like Hundley has a mental block for playing at Lambeau.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
6 years ago
I'm not real excited about the last game. We DID lose , and that is unacceptable.
Plus, Hundley is up and down. We don't know which QB will show up, the good or bad Hundley.
He hasn't shown any consistency yet.
But again, who knows? He might settle down and be decent. He hasn't been in enough games to decide yet.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.