uffda udfa
6 years ago

That's where your lying to yourself...

Reality has both roses and shit and everything in between, homers put on their blinders because they don't like reality and want to ignore the shit... you put your blinders on because you also don't like the reality and want to ignore the roses and shit all over everything.

The reality is that their is both yin and yang!

Originally Posted by: beast 

I understand the roses. Aaron Rodgers is the rose. Aaron Jones is rose petals along with guys like Clark and Daniels. Not much else on this roster that is something to get excited about. I like Martinez and have from first time I watched him but I was comparing to Hawk. I liked Brice. Still do. Lowry is a decent player. Rest of secondary is very underwhelming. I harped on CB play before season started and still am. WR cupboard is old and stale with overpriced goods. TE is a disaster... OLB is a joke for the money. What is there to get riled up over that's positive.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

I understand the roses. Aaron Rodgers is the rose. Aaron Jones is rose petals along with guys like Clark and Daniels. Not much else on this roster that is something to get excited about. I like Martinez and have from first time I watched him but I was comparing to Hawk. I liked Brice. Still do. Lowry is a decent player. Rest of secondary is very underwhelming. I harped on CB play before season started and still am. WR cupboard is old and stale with overpriced goods. TE is a disaster... OLB is a joke for the money. What is there to get riled up over that's positive.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No one said you had to get riled up or excited... I'll take just this... because that was a good balanced and unbiased post! Good job! And that's with no roses.

I'm both excited and wondering, about if Clark and Daniels... they're going great against the run, but I'm wondering if they're going to get even better in the passing game... I'm not sold on Lowry yet, at least not from the 4-2 DT position role... also Adams has so much potential, I'm hoping he develops well, but historical DT suck in their rookie years and then he missed the entire training camp, so I haven't expected much from him this year.

As for the CB play, I'm worried about King's shoulder... I really hope that's not a long term problem... he has so much potential, but if he can't stay on the field, then I'm worried. It will be interesting to see if House is back or not for the future.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Hey, I'd be out of my mind if we did what the Saints did drafting what could be the DROY and OROY in Lattimore and Kamara. We were rumored to take Kamara in Round 1. I can only imagine that star in our O and Lattimore being a true shutdown CB for us.

You know I focus on how to improve...this entire org has so many hot spots requiring attention I do find the overall state depressing.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

sschind
6 years ago

That's where your lying to yourself...

Reality has both roses and shit and everything in between, homers put on their blinders because they don't like reality and want to ignore the shit... you put your blinders on because you also don't like the reality and want to ignore the roses and shit all over everything.

The reality is that their is both yin and yang!

Originally Posted by: beast 

Since you are not going to have superstars at every position I don't see a problem getting excited about a player who is not a superstar. So what if guys like Martinez and Jones, or anyone else for that matter, don't turn out to be studs. A few studs are great to have but you need good solid contributors at other positions as well so if you have several of those positions covered that is a reason to be excited.

The best roses are produced when you mix a little shit in with them. I'm not sure how that applies to football teams but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

nerdmann
6 years ago

Since you are not going to have superstars at every position I don't see a problem getting excited about a player who is not a superstar. So what if guys like Martinez and Jones, or anyone else for that matter, don't turn out to be studs. A few studs are great to have but you need good solid contributors at other positions as well so if you have several of those positions covered that is a reason to be excited.

The best roses are produced when you mix a little shit in with them. I'm not sure how that applies to football teams but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

People bitch about Ted all the time, but how many Nick Collinses does the average GM draft? Probly not EVEN one.

Look at the depth on this team. We were 4-1, despite starting 7th string Gs at LT and shit. We've got depth popping up like Aaron Jones, BOOM. Jamaal Williams, BOOM. Who are these guys? They show up and they can play. Freakin McRay was an arena league player last year.

People bagged on Martinez last year. Well guess what, turns out he's pretty good. Kenny Clark too. Lots of guys really coming into their own. Davante Adams. Demarius Randall is a freakin INTERCEPTION machine. (Not to jinx him, of course.)
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I get encouraged when the net result of what we're trotting out is actually SB worthy. D isn't and there isn't near enough even after all the resources allocated to feel hopeful.

It's been proven not to be a resource allocation issue so you have to change who is allocating the resources.

Does anyone really feel we're building a Championship defense? I don't. It's embarrassing how bad this unit is after all the years of focus.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
We've always had talent. That doesn't mean the coaching staff is utilizing it. That doesn't mean they are football smart. Give me 22 starters who are assignment sure and football smart and I'll give you a winner.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago

We've always had talent. That doesn't mean the coaching staff is utilizing it. That doesn't mean they are football smart. Give me 22 starters who are assignment sure and football smart and I'll give you a winner.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Beat me to it. All the talent in the world won't help us if we trot out the same broken schemes again next year.
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You mean like AJ Hawk?😁😁

Took awhile, but I like what I am seeing in Martinez!
He is taking charge of The defense and flying all over the place!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
I am going to agree with both PFWT and uffda on the D.

I am with PFWT the Interior DL looks promising. Daniels, Clark and hopefully Adams if he picks things up makes me believe we could potentially have nice pressure coming from the line for the first time in ages. My only problem and I totally agree with uffda is the edge rush and the price tag for that. Clay is done as a superstar player (although we know he will be in more Pro Bowls because it is a popularity contest). We should have either traded him or cut him a while ago if he didn't want to restructure. Perry flashes hot when he is not injured. I do like him as he is way more assignment sure and doesn't often lose contain compared to Clay. Unfortunately for him being great on a contract year is a movie I've seen way too many times in sports.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (8m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (21m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.