Zero2Cool
6 years ago
This running game plus Aaron Rodgers could be good. I'm just sure if the defense can hold up against the top NFC offenses. Not confident at all.

Finding different ways to win can help Packers during stretch run

But in the Packers’ current circumstances, that’s sort of the point.

Getting a win any way you can is what it takes sometimes without a quarterback as all-world as Aaron Rodgers, and it’s what it’ll take for the Packers to get on the winning streak they need to keep their eight-year postseason streak alive, even if/when Rodgers comes back.

Brett Hundley threw for only 84 yards in the 26-20 overtime triumph over the Buccaneers. He threw an interception on the first play of a second-quarter drive. The offense went three-and-out three straight times to start the second half.

Yet, the Packers gave themselves a chance because they weren’t totally reliant on the quarterback to keep them in the game.

A deflected punt on special teams gave the offense the ball on the plus side of the field. The defense scored a touchdown, piled up seven sacks and got two stops in the red zone.

All of the above, good and bad, left the Packers down only three points with six minutes left.

“It helps a lot,” Hundley said of the big plays the team’s other segments made when the offense was scuffling. “Today all three phases really played their butts off.”

Continue Reading @ Packers 

Packers wrote:

UserPostedImage
Porforis
6 years ago
The value I find in this last victory was...

1. Blowing a lead (BAD), but not completely letting things continue to go off the rails at the end of the game/OT. How many times have we seen the Packers blow a lead and never get back into rhythm?
2. Williams. What a kid!
3. Punt block. Yes, the defender was almost unimpeded, but those are the sorts of plays a team like this needs to make sometimes to win games.
4. Sacks. I know we were playing Tampa but we got what, 6? 7 sacks? I don't expect that level of success to continue but hopefully it's a confidence builder.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

The value I find in this last victory was...

1. Blowing a lead (BAD), but not completely letting things continue to go off the rails at the end of the game/OT. How many times have we seen the Packers blow a lead and never get back into rhythm?
2. Williams. What a kid!
3. Punt block. Yes, the defender was almost unimpeded, but those are the sorts of plays a team like this needs to make sometimes to win games.
4. Sacks. I know we were playing Tampa but we got what, 6? 7 sacks? I don't expect that level of success to continue but hopefully it's a confidence builder.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

There certainly are some positives to take away from this game. We can load up and bemoan all the negative ones but n the end it won't get us anywhere. UncleT and Mikey are going to field the team THEY want and not the one WE think they should have.

With that said this was a pretty bad Tampa team and it shows that GB is not a whole lot better than they are. Without injuries to the Tampa OL I doubt GB wins this game.

I kind of question that validity of the headline "This victory has more value than it appears to". It seems to be rather self serving when it is on the Packers site. I would respect it more if Milwaukee or ESPN or someone else said it.

But I am still glad they found a way to win.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
The value is it keeps our slim playoff hopes alive and gives us a chance to hand it off to 12 to win the final 3 games.

With 12, I don't think we're ever going to hand it off 30 times a game, although, we should to keep our defense off the field. Our goal should be to score but to win TOP handily. It's always tough when you're trying to achieve a 2nd goal when the primary should be all that matters but when your D is that bad, you have to hedge. We should only have to worry about scoring but we don't...we have to worry about our defense being a sieve so we need to control the clock as much as possible.

Jones and Williams are an interesting tandem. What would you prefer? Battering ram Williams early, to soften up for the more electric Jones, or the electric Jones running them ragged and then hitting them later with Williams? To me, Williams seems like the type who needs it a lot...just give it to him for the first 3 quarters and batter the D and then give it to Jones and let him make magic like he did in OT. Had Jamaal gotten that carry in OT...he would've likely just plowed into the pile and maybe carried guys for a yard or two. Jones bounced it and scored. We've got a running game to complement the GOAT. Could Mike McCarthy actually implement and sync all the pieces together to hide our D as much as possible? Imagine the running lanes with 12 vs. Hundley. It's crazy to me Williams ran better with Hundley than Rodgers. Makes no sense.

At least we're not all over...we can get into the show, maybe, and go out again like we have in past years getting ripped. If we get in, the strong possibility is we will have to go to New Orleans, LA or Seattle...and then to Minnesota or Philly. New Orleans would bury us in the SuperDome. Seattle is winnable because we're Wilson's kryptonite, and I think LA would kill us, but they can't stop the run so who knows? I think Philly and Minnesota would be close ones just because Keenum and Wentz ain't been there and would be under intense pressure. The one place we don't want to go, if we get in, is New Orleans. Guaranteed out. Saints are sitting in 4 spot right now...so we wouldn't go there. We'd go to LA with them in 3 and us in 6th. I hope we get in and don't get New Orleans...we could make some noise for a little while even with our terrible D.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (4h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (4h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (5h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (21h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.