uffda udfa
6 years ago
Let's see what he's got against the Browns? We've all seen what he's got for 6 games. Has he thrown a great pass in 6 games? The one to Adams in Chicago had him looking like he was playing a game of Twister.

I joked before today that I could see us beating Tampa and having it all derailed vs. Cleveland because of Josh Gordon. That actually could happen. Hayward is way better than anything we have, oops, don't mention we let him go and have a huge CB mess. That would be wrong.

I'm happy the game is a roadie. I hope we pull it out. Going to be a tight one. Browns smell their first real chance to get one. We need it to keep the fantasy alive.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Let's see what he's got against the Browns? We've all seen what he's got for 6 games. Has he thrown a great pass in 6 games? The one to Adams in Chicago had him looking like he was playing a game of Twister.

I joked before today that I could see us beating Tampa and having it all derailed vs. Cleveland because of Josh Gordon. That actually could happen. Hayward is way better than anything we have, oops, don't mention we let him go and have a huge CB mess. That would be wrong.

I'm happy the game is a roadie. I hope we pull it out. Going to be a tight one. Browns smell their first real chance to get one. We need it to keep the fantasy alive.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Brett Hundley's good passes were good because Davante Adams is a freaking good WR who adjusts to the ball really damn good. Look at the interception thrown to Jordy Nelson. Jordy made no effort to the middle of the field where as Adams goes for it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
The damn Buckeyes had one play that matched Hundley's passing yards. Yea yea you can't compare the college and pro game, but I'm still not happy about that game.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

The damn Buckeyes had one play that matched Hundley's passing yards. Yea yea you can't compare the college and pro game, but I'm still not happy about that game.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

OSU showed us the importance of team speed. Break a tackle and BOOM! All the way to the house.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
6 years ago
Hundley better something real special against the Browns, because right now, there can't be a team that wants him.
Barfarn
6 years ago
Hundley did in 6 games what Rodgers took 10 years to do [Win in OT].

Clearly, Hundley regressed today. His accuracy was off on any pass over 20 yrds.

His first drive was solid. He began 5-6-37; then came the 3rd and 6 INC to Allison in EZ. Hundley recognized a blitz coming off his left and moved Cobb there to pick it up And Kendricks stayed in to block on right. Read #1 one was to Adams left at the sticks. Read #2 was to Allison on deep out. Read #3 was Jordy on stop and go on right. Hundley passed up the first read [Adams was open] and began to throw before Allison made his cut. This was absolute perfection; except for the throw. I looked at the play several times to determine if Allison cut too late. His cut was perfectly timed, a split second after Hundley started his throwing motion, so Allison didn’t cut too late; the throw was just off.

ON the 2nd drive:
Play #1: Alexander blitzed off TB's left edge. Evans was way too late to Pick him up and he had a free shot at Hundley. Hundley did a Rodgers, let his come in and juked him at last second and scrambled for 10
Play #2: Holding on Kendricks.
Play 3: Run for 1
Play 4: On 2nd and 19; he looked at First read WAY too long; by the time he got to 2nd read Jordy open on a 7-8 yard curl was making his secondary move. The OL was great; but he was spooked, so he ran. This was just a piss poor play; but if Hundley remained courageous in pocket, he might hav done something.
Play 5: dump of to Kendricks.

Drive 3:
McCarthy called a variation of the Jordy right shock play. Tampa was in a 2 deep, so it wasn’t going to work. What’s interesting is that the safety on packer’s right crashed in and the other safety rotated over instead of covering the WR left. W/ 2 TEs who staying in to block and a RB who blocked while running a delayed valve. The play was doomed and Hundley went thru with it anyways. And then threw bad pass to boot.

And for the rest of the Game Hundley really SUCKED; it was effing Doppleganger 😂! His entire game fell apart mentally and physically after the back to back disaster plays of 2nd drive, which occurred after he missed Geronimo. What was frustrating is McCarty kept called longer pass plays; when Hundley needed some of that first drive short pass elixir.

I wonder if the pressure of a must win prevented him from rebounding from adversity.

But, never fear, expectations must be adjusted to reality:

Case Keenum, started in his 2nd year and was 0-8.

Jared Goff last year: 7 starts, 0-7 w/ a 63.4 PR.

Lat Yr, Wentz was great in his first 4 games: 3-1 [loss a 1 pointer] w/ a PR rating well over 100. Then he regressed badly: 2-8 in next 10 w/ a PR under 71.
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago

After 25 years of winning games due to stellar quarterback play, the Packers finally flipped the script on themselves and won a game with ugly quarterback play, which almost never happens in Green Bay.

As a matter of fact, the Packers managed to do something with Brett Hundley on Sunday they've never done with Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers: They won a game with less than 80 passing yards.

The Packers mustered 77 yards through the air, but they were still able to hang on to beat the Buccaneers 26-20 in a wild overtime game at Lambeau Field. Not only did the Packers keep their faint playoff hopes alive, but they also increased the chances that Rodgers could return at some point this season.

John Beecher wrote:

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-13-grades-packers-get-a-b-for-winning-without-rodgers-broncos-get-an-f/

Of those 77 yards (yes, he passed for 84 but also took a couple of sacks), 30 of them came in overtime. Furthermore, he tossed another interception to bring his season total to eight, while failing to add any more touchdowns to how tally. A quarterback who can't get the job done at home is worse than worthless. If Thompson and McCarthy were hoping to dangle Hundley as trade bait this coming off-season, it sure has blown up in their face.

I can't say I'm feeling too bent out of shape over missing this game, though I wouldn't have minded seeing those seven sacks. It's been so long since we've seen this defense put the fear of God in an opposing quarterback!
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago
Hundley is going to play himself out of the league. Honestly, Matt Flynn could probably come in off the couch and do more than Hundley after a week or two, and I still think Flynn would suck. Pathetic. I hope to never see Hundley play QB for the Packers again after this season. He's just horrible. Time to move on.
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

Hundley is going to play himself out of the league. Honestly, Matt Flynn could probably come in off the couch and do more than Hundley after a week or two, and I still think Flynn would suck. Pathetic. I hope to never see Hundley play QB for the Packers again after this season. He's just horrible. Time to move on.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I think maybe we should wait one more week before we move on.

Then I am all for it. 😁
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Porforis
6 years ago

I'm not sure Brett Hundley doesn't have it between the ears. He's not decisive and stares WR down. And listening to his post game talk, he says all three phases played well. You kidding me? Offense was not holding their own. Passing 13 of 22 for 84 yards is piss poor in 2017. Maybe that's rock solid back in 1932.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Don't forget the bad INT too.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (14h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.