steveishere
6 years ago

Between 2:30 in the 1st Quarter and 6:02 in the 4th quarter, (that's over 40 minutes), the Offense got 7 drives and had the ball for 9:37 (in other words 1:22 per drive)... clearly the offense crapped their pants, and yet your talking shit about the defense when they're the ones that kept us in the freaking game.

Maybe you should pay attention to the games, so you actually know which units are ones shitting their pants from game to game... it wasn't the defense in the Bucs game.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I guess I missed where anyone was arguing that the offense wasn't trash... just another strawman from you. I do know which units are shitting their pants from game to game, since Rodgers has been out it's mostly been both.

Funny thing is I never even said the defense wasn't the better unit in the bucs game just that they struggled to get off the field (and that it's been a common theme with this D) regardless of your lame excuses for them and you haven't even tried to actually rebut my arguments just keep whatabouting to the offense fighting against arguments that nobody has made.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Oh, that great defense that saved us with a stellar performance...

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Buck, I am glad something is making you think. That's a great thing. You don't have to mention me ever, but I know I make you think...all kinds of things.

I think like Belichick because I think like Belichick. What that means to you it means to you. I don't think like Mike McCarthy and I do think a lot of people here and elsewhere are shills for the HC.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

What you're doing is attempting to publicly compensate... putting yourself on a pedestal, and demeaning others... because you stupidly think you're mentally better than others...

Belichick does not publicly compensate like you are doing... because he knows it's pretty damn stupid. Terrell Owens has tried it many many times.

I watch a lot of Pats games...find myself usually in total agreement with Belichick's strategy, game management, etc. It makes sense to what I would do

You and ever other band wagon fan... winning = people agreeing and no one has won more than Belichick.

Honestly I thought much much better of you than this... I thought you were a old school person on principal that just happened to be demean and look down upon others.... but you're acting like a band wagon fan... jumping and kissing ass to whom ever is being successful...

Last year or two ago it was Jon Elway, now it's Belichick... you're just name dropping like a stupid teenager about which bands they're seen lately...

And I thought you didn't want you to be the subject? Yet you keep name dropping yourself into the subject....

UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago
Steve, you keep saying what the hell you haven't said... I don't have to rebutt anything, because you haven't said anything other than you don't understand the facts that an offense that extremely struggling effects the defense.

And as I pointed out, it hasn't been just post Rodgers... as the offense also struggled with the Seahawks and Bengals and the defense kept us in the games... but pointing this out is "excuses", because that's the easy way to avoid saying anything... in other words, you're using the "excuses" excuse to dismiss the defense.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
The best coach ever said: “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”
I question whether the folks on Lombardi Avenue are chasing perfection or happy with "just good enough to make the playoffs"

You guys can argue ad nauseum regarding who is more at fault, the offense or defense, the talent or the coaching, but the fact of the matter is there does not appear to be a drive for excellence, for domination of every phase of the game, every drive, and every play.
This is apparent in the lack of accountability throughout the organization exhibited by an unwillingness to change. To wit:
- Our drafts (with the exception of the last one, which with will prove to be outstanding) have been so-so at best....yet no changes (although I bet there was a change in process last year...I am not on the inside, so I don't know)
- Our offense, with the best quarterback ever to have played, is very good, but not great. The passing game is outstanding, unless we are playing a team who plays us man-to-man, then we have too much pride to 'scheme' ourselves open. Our run offense has been woeful, especially on short yardage situations...yet no significant achnges to our approach, no new thinking.
- Our defense, for the last 4 years has been significantly below average. It is the talent or the coaching. I am suggesting both. and by the way...how many freaking wide receiver screens does the opposition have to make 15+ yards before we make an adjustment!!!! ....yet no changes.
Both Lombardi and Belichick demand greatness...if you didn't commit to it and perform, you were (are) gone.

I am simply not seeing the drive for excellence.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Oh, that great defense that saved us with a stellar performance...

I don't think anyone has said the defense was "stellar" but they did score as many tds as the offense did. Without the Lowry fumble recovery td GB loses. It's as simple as that. Without the defense blocked punt, I don't see Hudley leading the offense their only td.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

The best coach ever said: “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”
I question whether the folks on Lombardi Avenue are chasing perfection or happy with "just good enough to make the playoffs"

You guys can argue ad nauseum regarding who is more at fault, the offense or defense, the talent or the coaching, but the fact of the matter is there does not appear to be a drive for excellence, for domination of every phase of the game, every drive, and every play.
This is apparent in the lack of accountability throughout the organization exhibited by an unwillingness to change. To wit:
- Our drafts (with the exception of the last one, which with will prove to be outstanding) have been so-so at best....yet no changes (although I bet there was a change in process last year...I am not on the inside, so I don't know)
- Our offense, with the best quarterback ever to have played, is very good, but not great. The passing game is outstanding, unless we are playing a team who plays us man-to-man, then we have too much pride to 'scheme' ourselves open. Our run offense has been woeful, especially on short yardage situations...yet no significant achnges to our approach, no new thinking.
- Our defense, for the last 4 years has been significantly below average. It is the talent or the coaching. I am suggesting both. and by the way...how many freaking wide receiver screens does the opposition have to make 15+ yards before we make an adjustment!!!! ....yet no changes.
Both Lombardi and Belichick demand greatness...if you didn't commit to it and perform, you were (are) gone.

I am simply not seeing the drive for excellence.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

See, I can respect the hell out of that opinion!

uffda udfa, you asked why I hate you... it's not because you would say something like what KRK just said (even those you keep falsely claiming that), it's because you'd add very stupid self-conceited comments like you think like a great coach, and that others don't... which has nothing to do with anything other than a very stupid attempted to say you're better than others...

KRK, good post, though I have more hope for the 2016 draft class yet, with Clark and Martinez leading the way... with me holding out how that one or two more will be able to step up next year... Spriggs or Murphy might be able to do it with more time. Maybe Lowry in certain packages... I've always had doubts about Fackrell, but the OLB coach did say he's had his best game recently so he could still be improving. But like I said, that's just hope.

Also not sure about the 2017 draft class, with King's shoulder... I'm waiting to see if that is a one year problem or an every year problem.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago

Steve, you keep saying what the hell you haven't said... I don't have to rebutt anything, because you haven't said anything other than you don't understand the facts that an offense that extremely struggling effects the defense.

And as I pointed out, it hasn't been just post Rodgers... as the offense also struggled with the Seahawks and Bengals and the defense kept us in the games... but pointing this out is "excuses", because that's the easy way to avoid saying anything... in other words, you're using the "excuses" excuse to dismiss the defense.

Originally Posted by: beast 

That doesn't even make sense, I keep saying what I haven't said because you are just building strawman after strawman must be fun to keep beating down arguments that not a single person has made (maybe you don't know what a strawman is). I do understand that an offense can effect the defense, I've even said that (probably more than once and probably ignored by you) but I don't know how much and neither do you which is why I pointed out that the defense struggles to get off the field even in situations where they shouldn't be "tired because of the offense" which goes to my point that using a bad offense as an excuse is lame and undeserved. You are just going to keep ignoring things though because you aren't understanding the conversation or you don't want to. That's fine with me though because I've said my peace. Have a nice evening. 😎

I'll add some perspective though.
GBs offense even with garbage Hundley playing however many games currently ranks:
plays/drive (9th), TOP/drive (11th), points/drive (12th), yards/drive (17th), turnovers/drive (13th), punts/drive (17th), 3-outs/drive (20th), points/redzone (2nd)

Defensive rankings:
plays/drive (29th), TOP/drive (29th), points/drive (27th), yards/drive (26th), turnovers/drive (6th - yay), punts/drive (27th), 3-outs/drive (31), points/redzone (30th)
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I loved KRKs post. Bravo. I've hit applaud but it won't take.

The message is what matters not the messenger. Too much angst from you toward me. You don't have that with KRK, and that's good.

Happy to see his message resonated with you and others. It's simply the truth. Hard reading so many posts that not only seem unaware of the things KRK wrote, but the exact opposite with glee.

Both O and D are bottom feeding units in the league. Fun debates about what unit isn't quite as bad as the other.

Soon 12 will be back and those uncomfortable with Packers being Cleveland talk can take a deep breath...R E L A X, and shake the Packers pom pons...things will be all good then and KRKs message will fade into the background nary to be considered until 12 is gone again.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

I loved KRKs post. Bravo. I've hit applaud but it won't take.

The message is what matters not the messenger. Too much angst from you toward me.

1) The applaud did take.

2) Yes the message matters, not the messenger... it's not angst against you the messenger, it's angst against your messages, where you slip in some BS about you being like Bill Belichick or slip in some red meat to upset people... KRK did none of that... Bill Belichick does none of that... you're message is different than theirs, but you don't seem to see that because you're so focused on it being you.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4m / Around The NFL / JPPT1974

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.