beast
6 years ago

I do understand that an offense can effect the defense, I've even said that (probably more than once and probably ignored by you) but I don't know how much and neither do you which is why I pointed out that the defense struggles to get off the field even in situations where they shouldn't be "tired because of the offense" which goes to my point that using a bad offense as an excuse is lame and undeserved.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

What's lame is that people hide behind the "excuse" labels when they can't make a better argument.

You say you understand one can effect the other, yet you're unwilling to apply this knowledge.

Following Packers offense drives that lasted at least 2:30 the Packers defense results where

~ Bucs drive that lasted 0:54 seconds
~ Bucs drive that ended with Lowry scoring a touchdown
~ Bucs drivethat lasted 1:17 seconds

Following Packers offense drives that lasted less than 1:40 the Packers defense results where

~ Bucs drive that lasted 3:02
~ Bucs drive that lasted 6:03
~ Bucs drive that lasted 7:02

So in the Bucs games (only talking Bucs game), the defensive results followed fairly closely matched how the offensive drive before it was... so open your eyes and apply the knowledge you CLAIM to understand.

Nothing is perfect, but generally speaking when the offense could last, then the defense got the Bucs offense off the field fairly fast, when the Packers offense failed, the defense was in for a longer ride. You falsely claim we can't tell, but if you actually pay attention, you can see general patterns that repeat in a game.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

1) The applaud did take.

2) Yes the message matters, not the messenger... it's not angst against you the messenger, it's angst against your messages, where you slip in some BS about you being like Bill Belichick or slip in some red meat to upset people... KRK did none of that... Bill Belichick does none of that... you're message is different than theirs, but you don't seem to see that because you're so focused on it being you.

Originally Posted by: beast 

My message is what it is after years of resistance to it. Fans don't like the truth of what they're fans of being told. I have tried multiple ways to communicate and it all goes the same.

I'm trying to relate to something you can understand out of realm of being perceived as an attack on the Packers by using myself as an example. Man to man speak to get my message across in my posts. Either way it's rejected. It's noteworthy you made a point telling me how much better KRKs posting style was than mine. Non threatening to you personally. You perceive me doing all kinds of unflattering things but my goal is exactly the same as what you gave to KRK. I was glad to see it. I have all kinds of things and areas I could probe into but I leave them alone. Always wanted smart talk regarding the Packers not dulled rah rah sentimentalism. Sorry, I desire stimulating conversation regarding a team I've followed for nearly 40 years. We get pockets of it...I want to see it full time. Who wants to be part of something less?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

It's noteworthy you made a point telling me how much better KRKs posting style was than mine. Non threatening to you personally. You perceive me doing all kinds of unflattering things but my goal is exactly the same as what you gave to KRK.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I only made the point, because you asked why I hate you and wrongly keep thinking it's either because of stuff like KRK said, or wrongly think it's personal... but it's because the second part of this

Part I: you say something ridiculous such as
- your the only one that ___ (your not)
- As that your one of few that can be unbiased (you can be unbiased, but normally your not close)
- That you think/act like Bill Belicheck (you don't, as he's non-football actions are nothing like yours)

Part II
And then you follow it with something to imply others can't get it, or understand it, or they're wearing blinders, they're being baised (sometimes this one is true but not as often as you use it), or that we should be like Elway or Belicheck after you just compared them to them.

You're throwing others under the bus and mentally don't realize it, that's what pisses people off. Some users like Zero have tried to point it out nicely, some like me have said the hell with being nice if he's going to act like an arrogant prick, then we're gonna treat him like one, even though you claim you can't mentally ever see it.

Also this is the internet, nothing about this is threatening in any way shape or form.

KRK simply stated his message, he didn't act like you (nor me).
UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago

What's lame is that people hide behind the "excuse" labels when they can't make a better argument.

You say you understand one can effect the other, yet you're unwilling to apply this knowledge.

Following Packers offense drives that lasted at least 2:30 the Packers defense results where

~ Bucs drive that lasted 0:54 seconds
~ Bucs drive that ended with Lowry scoring a touchdown
-before TD was a 2:55
~ Bucs drivethat lasted 1:17 seconds
~ Bucs drive that lasted 3:02
~ 1st drive of game 5:08
~ 1st drive of 2nd half 6:03

Following Packers offense drives that lasted less than 1:40 the Packers defense results where

~ Bucs drive that lasted 1:02
~ Bucs drive that lasted 6:03 this is a joke they had a longer than 30 minute break for the half
~ Bucs drive that lasted 7:02
~Bucs drive that lasted 5:50

So in the Bucs games (only talking Bucs game), the defensive results followed fairly closely matched how the offensive drive before it was... so open your eyes and apply the knowledge you CLAIM to understand.

Nothing is perfect, but generally speaking when the offense could last, then the defense got the Bucs offense off the field fairly fast, when the Packers offense failed, the defense was in for a longer ride. You falsely claim we can't tell, but if you actually pay attention, you can see general patterns that repeat in a game.

Not that closely, looks to me like they gave up long drives in every situation.

Actually I said that i'm sure not being rested can effect them but you don't know how much (Which makes it a weak excuse and why I would put "tiredness because of the offense" way behind things like Scheme,Playcalls, Bad at situational football, Bad DC etc... on the list of why our defense gives up long drives.) so there you go again with the inaccurate descriptions of what I said every friggin time it's like you can't help yourself.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
If this is just the internet and non threatening why would I or anyone else piss you off? We'd probably get along famously in real life.

I'm no jerk or arrogant. In sports, I always played rough and was pesky and agitating. This isn't sports but I do bring those old habits here. You would hate playing against me but would see me in a different light off the field. Too intense I guess. Not sure how not to be.

I liked what Elway did with Denver. He went for it and got it. Losing a SB he tried even harder the next. Applaud the heck.out of that. He got his city a SB. Bad year this year...could be down for awhile but he got the brass ring. I would take that over flaming out year after year and calling it successful.

You've never watched a game with me so you have no idea if I think like Belichick or not. There are coaches I admire and those I don't. Why? I admired Holmgren but I don't MM. Why? Both coached the Packers. Why would I admire one and not the other? Shouldn't I not admire either because I hate everything Packers just because? You have no argument. I dislike Mike McCarthy as a HC because I don't believe he's smart and personally find him uninspiring. He's a try hard guy who is steady and consistent but has no quality that jumps out as impressive to me. What impresses anyone here about the man as a HC?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago
Steve, we've already been over this, you didn't say anything, ever, you just sit bad and lamely says that's an excuse without doing or saying anything.... other than saying you didn't say anything, which is lame because that's been your excuse this whole time...
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

If this is just the internet and non threatening why would I or anyone else piss you off?

Because you're annoying as hell? Like a very unthreatening child, that screaming we need to go to McDonald's over and over after we see it and pass it.

I'm no jerk or arrogant. In sports, I always played rough and was pesky and agitating. This isn't sports but I do bring those old habits here. You would hate playing against me but would see me in a different light off the field. Too intense I guess. Not sure how not to be.

Some of the things that you say come off extremely arrogant, which might be your way of being rough and pesky, and that rough and pesky, which I thought you were doing on purpose, is why I have called you a troll at times, because you seem to purposely be a pest to a lot of people, and I've probably picked up some of your bad habits, to go with mine.

In sports, I rarely played rough and pesky, as I was always bigger than others my age, so of course I had to be gentler or I'd be the one in trouble, I still remember a time when me and some friends were jokingly attack each other (usually me vs two or others), one of the coaches stopped it and pulled me to the side and ripped me a new one, I guess he didn't talk to the others, because next chance they got they the two of them attacked me in the locker room, the coach comes in and starts yelling at me, while I'm still in the choke hold, and the guy on my back didn't notice the coach yelling until I started tapping out and pointing. And of course my parents got called and I got in trouble at both home and school for being the one attacked, after the coach failed to talk with the others kids.

I liked what Elway did with Denver. He went for it and got it. Losing a SB he tried even harder the next. Applaud the heck.out of that. He got his city a SB. Bad year this year...could be down for awhile but he got the brass ring. I would take that over flaming out year after year and calling it successful.

Umm, Packers also got their ring, and then in your opinion were down for a while after, so the only difference is weither label you put on a playoffs year... either a success or failure, unless there is more context to come.

You've never watched a game with me so you have no idea if I think like Belichick or not. There are coaches I admire and those I don't.

But based on that a couple hundred million think like Belichick as they admire and agree with his winning ideas, because we all want to win the games. I also admire Belichick and a lot of his schemes and really wish we tired some of his quick action passing while we had Cobb and Abbrederis... that being said, just because I admire what he does and want to copy it, does not mean we think like Belichick.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Packers got their ring just barely. Thanks, DeSean. Thanks, Caleb Hanie and Dez Bishop shoestring tackle. Thanks Bears with nothing to play for Week 17. Denver was a juggernaut for a few years and saw the SB twice...winning one. We have seen one SB in how many years of Ted vs. how many of Elway? There's your missing context. 2 SB appearances in several fewer seasons on the job. Kind of a way to measure accurately?

Elway named GM in 2011...been to SB twice and won. Us...zero appearances from 2011 on with Ted. Apples to apples.
UserPostedImage

beast
6 years ago

Packers got their ring just barely. Thanks, DeSean. Thanks, Caleb Hanie and Dez Bishop shoestring tackle. Thanks Bears with nothing to play for Week 17.

So now it's not about just winning the Super Bowl but about style points of how you do it?

So some Super Bowls count and those without style points don't now?

Apples to apples give us the 2nd overall pick with one of the best pass rushers to play the game, to go with a hall of fame QB...
UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago

Steve, we've already been over this, you didn't say anything, ever, you just sit bad and lamely says that's an excuse without doing or saying anything.... other than saying you didn't say anything, which is lame because that's been your excuse this whole time...

Strong arguments...
Fan Shout
dfosterf (23m) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (15h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (15h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (16h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (16h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.