Zero2Cool
6 years ago

No one likes talking about our 24th ranked D. Why is it 24th, and terrible? Old question but goes unanswered every time.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You don't see all the complaining about how crappy the defense is? You don't see all the comments on how we can't get off the field on third downs? I think you need to open your eyes instead of focusing on a few and judging the masses because nothing in this community is absolutely as you claim with your "no one".

Our defense is 42nd, not 24th. That's right, 10 teams not even in the NFL are better!!

Why is it terrible? As every one has stated before.
[list]
  • Poor draft picks
  • Over complicated scheme
  • Undeveloped talent
  • Not utilizing free agents to fill holes not filled via draft
  • middle of the field always seems to be open
  • Injuries
  • [/list]

Those are the common explanations.
    UserPostedImage
    uffda udfa
    6 years ago
    Is it Ted... Just maybe? It never gets pinned on anyone. Who is responsible? Someone is.

Who has a job of acquiring talent? Ted Thompson. Is he good at it? When looking at D, it's a simple answer. No. He's brutal at it. Ted Thompson sucks and needs to retire yesterday. Dom is barely awake during games. He needs to go, too, but Mike McCarthy swears by him. If HC won't make a change, then HC needs to go but won't happen in this circular buddy club we have here. No accountability. It's been turning us into Cleveland slowly but surely year after year while 12 sends out false positives. Diagnose this org properly before it goes septic. It's slowly dying as currently constituted. You just know so many want 12 back to put an end to all this talk but his masking of it doesn't make it any less real or in need of prompt attention.
    UserPostedImage
    Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
    6 years ago

Is it Ted... Just maybe? It never gets pinned on anyone. Who is responsible? Someone is.

Who has a job of acquiring talent? Ted Thompson. Is he good at it? When looking at D, it's a simple answer. No. He's brutal at it. Ted Thompson sucks and needs to retire yesterday. Dom is barely awake during games. He needs to go, too, but Mike McCarthy swears by him. If HC won't make a change, then HC needs to go but won't happen in this circular buddy club we have here. No accountability. It's been turning us into Cleveland slowly but surely year after year while 12 sends out false positives. Diagnose this org properly before it goes septic. It's slowly dying as currently constituted. You just know so many want 12 back to put an end to all this talk but his masking of it doesn't make it any less real or in need of prompt attention.

No one is responsible. This is a team game and the sooner you accept that, the better off you will be. I mean it, you will sleep so much better at night. The failure on defense is a collective effort from top to bottom to players.

Ted's fault is failing to be more aggressive in free agency, in my opinion. He's getting decent talent, but it's not being developed. And we try to find guys for our scheme, rather than landing a really good player and building around him.

Sorry, I know you want to 100% blame Ted Thompson because he kicked your kitten or something, but I'm not ignorant and you shouldn't' be either. You worked in media. You know there's a shit ton that goes into this and it's not some ONE that's at fault. But hey, you want to look for negative rather than hope for positive. That's your own deal, its just not me.
    UserPostedImage
    Porforis
    6 years ago
    The Browns have perpetually had trashy teams and even when they've had okay teams, they always always always always find a way to lose. As in every single game is a typical Packers playoff loss.

The Packers minus Rodgers are not the Browns. Give the Browns a little credit at just how spectacularly terrible and inept they are.
    nerdmann
    6 years ago
    I would put it more like this:

BROWNS=PACKERS-RODGERS.

This is a much better team than their record. They've lost at least 5 very close games. I've said it before, this will be a tougher game than the last one. And the last one went to overtime.

Hopefully Brett will play better on the road, again.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    uffda udfa
    6 years ago

No one is responsible. This is a team game and the sooner you accept that, the better off you will be. I mean it, you will sleep so much better at night. The failure on defense is a collective effort from top to bottom to players.

Ted's fault is failing to be more aggressive in free agency, in my opinion. He's getting decent talent, but it's not being developed. And we try to find guys for our scheme, rather than landing a really good player and building around him.

Sorry, I know you want to 100% blame Ted Thompson because he kicked your kitten or something, but I'm not ignorant and you shouldn't' be either. You worked in media. You know there's a shit ton that goes into this and it's not some ONE that's at fault. But hey, you want to look for negative rather than hope for positive. That's your own deal, its just not me.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I just can't anymore. No one is responsible? No NFL team should ever fire a GM or HC or DC because "no one is responsible". ?????????????

The Giants should've stayed with Reese and McAdoo because no one was responsible for how bad they were. Mike Sherman should still be the coach and GM...he was never responsible for anything.

A session on the couch with a Dr. Phil type is needed on the subject of accountability and responsibility. This avoidance is scary and comes from some very strange place.

I'm going to re read the no one is responsible over and over hoping I missed something because I'm in shock you typed that.

You dropped the word "ignorant" on me while saying no one is responsible? I hope this is a gag post.

EDIT: Just reread the post several times. It's the end of me. This forum exists in fantasy land. I want to take part in a smart forum. Guys like Buck and nerd should remain here as they fit the program. Hoping everyone else looks for a place that doesn't operate like this one. I would be embarrassed to stay here with the kinds of things I've read here the last few days. I won't enable and play along. Sorry, for whatever angst I caused anyone. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    UserPostedImage
    Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
    6 years ago

I just can't anymore. No one is responsible? No NFL team should ever fire a GM or HC or DC because "no one is responsible". ?????????????

The Giants should've stayed with Reese and McAdoo because no one was responsible for how bad they were. Mike Sherman should still be the coach and GM...he was never responsible for anything.

A session on the couch with a Dr. Phil type is needed on the subject of accountability and responsibility. This avoidance is scary and comes from some very strange place.

I'm going to re read the no one is responsible over and over hoping I missed something because I'm in shock you typed that.

You dropped the word "ignorant" on me while saying no one is responsible? I hope this is a gag post.

You're the most obtuse person I have read. You stopped at four words and ranted without understanding any context that followed. Good job, do you feel better?
    UserPostedImage
    steveishere
    6 years ago
    I believe Ted could have done more over the years to bolster the team but he has his methods and stuck to it but overall I think we've had good talent on this team. Part of why I struggle giving Dom the benefit of the doubt is we have a lot of players have are having good seasons on defense individually but it's not really correlating to overall team success.

Players like Daniels, Clark, Martinez, Randall (post benching), and Burnett have been exceptional. Guys like Matthews, Perry, House, Ryan, Brooks and Lowery have been mostly good but not exceptional. Then Josh Jones, Hawkins, King, and Dial have been up and down hell even Fackrell has had a couple decent games. The only significant players who have been mostly bad all year are Haha and Rollins.

I'm also starting to get a little skeptical of how bad a DB is who struggles in our defense after what Hayward and Hyde are doing in other systems.
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member Topic Starter
    6 years ago

You don't see all the complaining about how crappy the defense is? You don't see all the comments on how we can't get off the field on third downs? I think you need to open your eyes instead of focusing on a few and judging the masses because nothing in this community is absolutely as you claim with your "no one".

Our defense is 42nd, not 24th. That's right, 10 teams not even in the NFL are better!!

Why is it terrible? As every one has stated before.
    [list]

• Poor draft picks
  • Over complicated scheme
  • Undeveloped talent
  • Not utilizing free agents to fill holes not filled via draft
  • middle of the field always seems to be open
  • Injuries
  • [/list]

Those are the common explanations.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The never ending injuries plays as big of a factor as any 2 of the other problems. I suppose if they had potential All pros lined up 3 deep on the depth chart they could withstand 3 or 4 guys at the same position going down but who has that?
    UserPostedImage
    nerdmann
    6 years ago

The never ending injuries plays as big of a factor as any 2 of the other problems. I suppose if they had potential All pros lined up 3 deep on the depth chart they could withstand 3 or 4 guys at the same position going down but who has that?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

It's been a problem for a long time.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Fan Shout
    buckeyepackfan (23h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
    buckeyepackfan (23h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
    Mucky Tundra (23h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
    beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
    Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
    wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
    Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
    Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
    Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
    Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
    Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
    Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
    Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
    beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
    beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
    beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
    beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
    Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
    Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
    Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
    beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
    dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
    beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
    dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
    dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
    dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.