Zero2Cool
6 years ago
When the Chiefs signed CB Darrelle Revis, I thought WTF, why didn't the Packers sign him? At least work him out? We have such a weak secondary with all these injuries why not bring him in?

At worst, he could have been someone to teach the younger CB's some good stuff.

What other CB's are available that could be signed?
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
For the few million different in salary I would have taken him over bringing House back.

I know there are things in different schemes where not all CB can just go from one team to another and expect the same results. Not sure if there is something in hoe Revis plays that wouldn't fit within Dom's scheme or with the other players around him. but I would not have been against his addition this year. I never expected this to be a Super Bowl year for the team, it was always a development year for the young secondary of the team and Revis might have been good to help them learn.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
6 years ago
I think there is a larger perspective here, where earlier this offseason Revis was saying he's going to retire if the Jets release him, and then he said he's going to retire if his hometown Steelers don't sign him.

So I think it's unfair to compare him with others such as House, because House always said he wanted to play, where Revis was saying he was done playing.

Then when Revis started talking about coming back, he was talking about coming back for the 2018 season and he had a workout where most teams had scouts... and I guess the Chiefs said, you look good, why wait until 2018, finish the season with us this year, especially since we're going to the playoffs (as it looked like the Chiefs were when they signed him, and the Packers didn't look like they would be).

So, yeah they missed an potential opportunity, but I don't think it's fair to compare Revis situation with others FAs, because Revis seemed like he wanted to sit out the year. But yes knowing he wanted back, and knowing King is gonna be hurt for the rest of the year, and House might be gone next year, we should of been looking into Revis (and probably did)... we just weren't the first one to offer him a contract.

Then again, when a player starts talking about retiring, Thompson is probably never going to be one of the first to run out and sign them. But do we know Revis would sign with a team that didn't look like it was going to the playoffs?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
When Revis signed, we were aware (fans that is 'we') and thats when I was thinking, WTF, IR Kevin King and sign Revis. I didn't even know he was still available.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

When Revis signed, we were aware (fans that is 'we') and thats when I was thinking, WTF, IR Kevin King and sign Revis. I didn't even know he was still available.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What other CB's are available that could be signed?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Nolan Carroll is the only other healthy one that I know about.

But there is also Vontae Davis, who is coming off groin surgery (5 weeks ago), which has been reported to take 6 to 8 weeks to fully heal. But in theory could be ready for the playoffs. Though Davis might be interesting for next year too, and rumored there are teams tracking how he's doing and possibly going to sign him when he's healthy enough to pass a physical.

Davis seemed to be released for saying he's injured and going to get groin surgery for said injury when the Colts were claiming that he's fully healthy (just like they claimed Andrew Luck was going to be fully healthy). But I mean, players don't have surgery just for fun, and I assume especially not in the groin area... so I'm assuming Vontae Davis is correct and that he was injured.

But the Colts (led by their owner) have seemed to be more concerned with trying to sell that their team is doing well and healthy, than being realistic, which is why I've thought the Colts HC might be the mystery head coach that's rumored that wants to move on... away from his drug addict unrealistic owner. Of course he's not successful, like the tweet claimed but still. (You know, if the guy tweeting wasn't talking about the Cards and Saints HC rumors which were already out there well before his tweet).

Other Positions
WR Jared Abbrederis... I missed when the Lions released him.

TE Gary Barnidge... after the team release Bennett, I was surprised they didn't bring in Barnidge, Barnidge is a very good blocking TE that normally doesn't do much in the passing game but some how was able to put up a 1,000 yard receiving year with the Browns while his TE coach was Brian Angelichio, who's currently the Packers TE coach.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.