Zero2Cool
6 years ago
When will Packers fans believe in Davante Adams? What more does this man need to do for you???

Brett Hundley has thrown eight touchdown passes since he took over for Rodgers on Oct. 15 at Minnesota, and Adams has five of them.

CLEVELAND -- It was more than two years ago when coach Mike McCarthy dubbed Davante Adams the "MVP of the offseason" for the Green Bay Packers.

As long as we’re making up awards, here’s another one for the fourth-year receiver: Adams has been the Packers’ most valuable player during Aaron Rodgers’ time on injured reserve with a broken collarbone.

Adams cemented that in walk-off style -- literally -- in Sunday’s overtime win at Cleveland. After Adams’ 25-yard touchdown catch and run to win it, he kept going straight into the tunnel at FirstEnergy Stadium and didn’t stop until the rest of the team joined him.

“That was awesome,” Packers receiver Jordy Nelson said. “Honestly, that was a dream of mine to do. He kept running. I was going to push him in the back if he stopped. We were going to keep rolling. I was just hoping there wasn’t any sort of random flag where we had the awkward moment of having to come back out.”

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Question would be, is him getting targeted by Hundley so much say more about Adams or Hundley? Is it because of a familiarity between Hundley and Adams because they had more work with each other in practice the last couple years? Is it the result of the play calls and Hundley's limits in how for he makes it through the progressions. Young QBs tend to lock in on a WR and as they grow and get better spread the ball around more.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
There is a great relationship between Hundley and Adams, unfortunately we have over $26M of WR talent that lacks a good relationship. I think Cobb went a game without a reception for the first time since being a rookie and Jordy who has always been Mr. Dependable to move the chains has struggled as well with the switch.

We need to lock up Davante, the question is who do we cut or restructure to get that done. I would cut Nelson and restructure Cobb, based on age. But it will likely be easier to do the opposite in order to get Davante's contract done.
beast
6 years ago

When will Packers fans believe in Davante Adams? What more does this man need to do for you???

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think that depends on how you define "believe". It's been suggested (elsewhere) that I doubt Adams... because I've disagree with the idea of resigning him, no matter what his contracts demands where and because I think paying Adams among the top 8 highest paid WRs at $13 million per year is too much...

As $13 million per year for Adams to me that sounds like over paying which is exactly what I said about paying Cobb $10 million a few years ago (which I luckily seem to be correct about now). I'd like to keep Adams out of the top 9 WR contracts, which is to say I'd like him to get less than $11.5 million per year

I like Adams, but he's not (yet) even put up a 1,000 yards season... (though it looks like he might barely get it this year with Hundley throwing to him a good part and he just barely missed it last year... but still it's not like he's putting up 1,200+ yard seasons), I just don't think he should be getting paid elite money (yet).

Also, I feel like three big WR contracts might just be too much... I mean I like them all, but it's too much cap space especially for not enough production. At minimum one of the WRs should have to take a pay cut.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
I agree, I'd like to seen Adams return, but IMO he hasn't earned a top WR contract. If he signs a reasonable deal I have no problem keeping him. I expect Cobb to be gone, I think we can cover the slot WR position with Monty and Davis, I don't see anybody to fill Jordy spot on the roster yet. Slim possibility of cutting ties with both Jordy and Cobb, might be able to bring in a younger FA for jordy's spot with the 16million in cap space saved. But that is a long shot.
sschind
6 years ago

There is a great relationship between Hundley and Adams, unfortunately we have over $26M of WR talent that lacks a good relationship. I think Cobb went a game without a reception for the first time since being a rookie and Jordy who has always been Mr. Dependable to move the chains has struggled as well with the switch.

We need to lock up Davante, the question is who do we cut or restructure to get that done. I would cut Nelson and restructure Cobb, based on age. But it will likely be easier to do the opposite in order to get Davante's contract done.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I don't think we need to cut or restructure anyone really. Not that it shouldn't be done but I don't think it is absolutely necessary to resign Adams. Large second contracts often come with relatively low first year cap hits simply because the player is willing to accept a lesser salary in lieu of the signing bonus. Even if we sign Adams to a deal worth 10 million a year its possible he could have a cap hit of less than half that. I'm not saying having that much money tied up in three WRs is good just that if push comes to shove and we want to keep Nelson and Cobb as well as resign Adams I think it could be done without restructuring anyone. I think Cobb and Nelson are both up after 2018 so when Adams' bigger cap hit 2nd year comes round one of them or both may be gone.

Mind you I am just throwing numbers out there. I am not advocating any of them although Alshon Jeffery's 4 year 52 million dollar deal will probably be in the neighborhood and that carries a cap hit of a little over 4 million in 2018. His is a little different situation though since it was an extension and they had the cap room to take a big hit this year.
isocleas2
6 years ago
I'm not sure you guys are watching the same wide receiver group I am, resigning Adams even to a top contract is an absolute priority. 10 mil, 12 mil, 13 mil it doesn't matter without Adams the Packers have no future at wide receiver. I like Nelson + Cobb but if you're putting stock in them you're living in the past, these last weeks without Rodgers have proven the Packers only have one guy who can consistently get open and his name is Adams.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

I'm not sure you guys are watching the same wide receiver group I am, resigning Adams even to a top contract is an absolute priority. 10 mil, 12 mil, 13 mil it doesn't matter without Adams the Packers have no future at wide receiver. I like Nelson + Cobb but if you're putting stock in them you're living in the past, these last weeks without Rodgers have proven the Packers only have one guy who can consistently get open and his name is Adams.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Very untrue, these last weeks have only proven that Hundley like most young QBs tends to throw to fewer options where veteran QBs like Rodgers are able to spread the ball around because they are better at reading defenses and making it through the progressions of a play.

We don't want to overpay Adams and get into another situation like they did with overpaying Cobb.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Davante Adams has been good since his rookie season. When Jordy Nelson went down he mistakenly tried to continue playing while injured. He kept getting thrown the ball because he was the one who was consistently getting separation. He had a lot of drops because he is able to get himself into position to catch a pass, even a bad pass.

We need Davante Adams more than we need Randall Cobb.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Open checks like that are normally very bad... unless you got a guy like Nelson or Lane Taylor who clearly aren't trying even to get near top dollar at the time. See Randall Cobb as example, has over paying him helped the Packers? No!... in fact due to their being a cap, it hurt the Packers, because the Packers then had to safe up their money and couldn't offer a guy like Casey Hayward, $5 million per year...

While you might be correct if the market if ONLY Nelson, Cobb and Adams... they're not the only ones on the market. But there is many young choices... (there are also some more veteran choices not listed)

Davante Adams
Jarvis Landry
Marqise Lee
Allen Robinson
Paul Richardson
Sammy Watkins
Donte Moncrief
Taylor Gabriel
Jordan Matthews

Obviously Adams is the safe choice, since we know for a fact he fits in... and you should be willing to over pay SOME for that... but you've got to draw a line at some point... if you could get a healthy Landry, Lee or Robinson in here with a better than average QB for maybe the first time in their careers, what could they do?

Heck, even if the Packers do resign Adams, they might want to take a look at some of these guys... Matthews did great in the slot while with the Eagles, and a nice 6'3" target. And Mike McCarthy has talked about possibility moving Nelson into the slot more, but they need someone on the outside to step up first. Watkins, Richardson, and/or Gabriel one needs to be careful with for their inconsistent play and make sure they match up in your scheme, but having some more speed in a better WR might help.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.