beast
6 years ago

I’ve never seen his feet stop moving.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Then must not of watch him much this preseason, when he was getting beaten like a drum. Spriggs was completely awful this preseason. I don't know why you're attempting to rewrite that history, when you could be simply be praising him for his current improvement and success.

My thoughts on the Miller play, though I feel it takes away from the main message above, so I'm putting it in spoiler move... the above is the important part.

As for Von Miller block play... at the time I was impressed that Spriggs stopped Miller on an inside move, though it did look like Miller gave up early (which at the time I assuemd was because it was preseason) BUT the very next play, Miller faked the same inside move and straight up burned Spriggs on the outside for a sack on 3rd down... and I believe it was on Packershome.com in Chat that someone at the time nailed it (I wish I remembered who to give them credit)...

But Miller totally set-up Spriggs for the 3rd down sack, with set-up on 2nd down. Use the inside move on 2nd down to get it in Spriggs head and let him have it, so he could fake it and do the opposite for a huge play on 3rd down. Miller is smart, and it takes away from that play before as it was simply Miller setting him up and he took the bait.

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Then must not of watch him much this preseason, when he was getting beaten like a drum. Spriggs was completely awful this preseason. I don't know why you're attempting to rewrite that history, when you could be simply be praising him for his current improvement and success.

My thoughts on the Miller play, though I feel it takes away from the main message above, so I'm putting it in spoiler move... the above is the important part.
[SPOILER]

Originally Posted by: beast 

deleted by moderator.

barfarn stop being so condescending and self righteous. It is not up to you to teach other members anything.

wpr
beast
6 years ago

Please, let me teach you how to process football info:

To evaluate upside, you have to process all the info, good and bad! Reading an article or forum post by some cluless self-hating idiot arrogant dork fan, adopting it, then watching the game thru the prism of that bias

Uffda left and now your adopting his stupid idea that everyone that doesn't agree with you is biased and blind. That's a freaking ridiculous notion.

1) I evaluated how Spriggs played in the preseason, NOT his potential upside like you're wrongly implying. How someone is currently playing and their potential upside are two completely different things.

2) I watched Spriggs play to form my own opinion, NOT articles or forum post like you're wrongly implying.

3) No one should be teaching (on any subject), if they're unwilling to listen to others. And based on your clearly wrong implications, it's clear that you are not listening.

I don't think anyone has argued against his physical potential upside, as physically he has all the tools and a major physical potential upside. That being said, he still played like crap this preseason. Even Kyle Murphy, the 6th rounder with a LOT LESS upside, was doing a lot better than Spriggs.

That being said, PRESEASON NO LONG MATTERS... how Spriggs doing right now and moving forward is more important. Can Spriggs earn the starting RT spot for next year? Bulaga is most likely going to start next year off on the PUP (and some think the Packers should release him). It might make for an interesting battle with Spriggs and Murphy for the starting RT spot next year.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Uffda left and now your adopting his stupid idea that everyone that doesn't agree with you is biased and blind...[blah blah blah-not much to read after this insanity]

Originally Posted by: beast 

YOU SAID, you were an expert [“half decent OL eye”]. YOU SAID your expertise picked-up on Spriggs routinely violating “OT-101” by not moving his feet on contact.

Not being as arrogant; my first thought was that I can always be taught, I can always learn, and maybe I missed something. So I watched about 20 random pass pros over 4 games and saw the opposite to be true. You were asked to explain your expert opinion and refused to address the issue on point. And now it’s becoming evident, it wasn’t just about being wrong…it was 100% pure unadulterated bullshit! I took time to have a discussion and you were just bullshitting the whole time.

Based on this, you’re clearly not the expert you hold yourself out to be. Maybe if you didn’t find learning/being taught so offensive, you’d be a better expert.

And quit the drama queen whining: “boo hoo you’re just like Uffda, blah blah blah.” Man, have some freaking pride! 😂

And look at your behavior in this thread…Saying something is “bullcrap on many levels” [Then 100% failing to support it]; other personal attacks [EG other posters don’t know jack shit; being derogatory to a poster not even in the thread and saying others are like him]; making stuff up; etc. Yes, this kiddy shit is permissible behavior as long as you’re in the clique, heck it might even get you a few applauses; but the real question that a moral intellectual will ponder is: should one act like this?

Now, last chance! I’m here to talk football Slapchop. Support your Spriggs’-feet-aren’t-moving “expert” observation or STFU. Any further nasty, angry, unhinged, kiddy, TOS violating rhetoric will simply be ignored.
beast
6 years ago

YOU SAID, you were an expert [“half decent OL eye”]. YOU SAID your expertise picked-up on Spriggs routinely violating “OT-101” by not moving his feet on contact.

You're making clearly wrong assumptions again. You can have a half decent OL eye, without being an expert... especially when it comes to the basics. And Spriggs did stop his feet upon contact this preseason, I don't know why you're getting so damn anal and personal about it.

And now it’s becoming evident, it wasn’t just about being wrong…it was 100% pure unadulterated bullshit! I took time to have a discussion and you were just bullshitting the whole time.

This is not a discussion... this is a personal attack...

Maybe if you didn’t find learning/being taught so offensive, you’d be a better expert.

HA, that's cute. You got it assbackwards.
You claimed you were the teaching (ie the expect).. and you're the one getting offended and going to the personal attacks...

I have not been offended yet.

I just realize there is no point in continuing this, because you're getting straight up anal about a small preseason thought and making into a huge personal deal. You're claiming to want to discuss or teach, yet you have thrown a lot more person insults that anything to create a discussion around. The only thing you've brought to the table to discuss is a single play against Von Miller (which I discussed already), you're brought nothing else but insults. That's not discussing nor teaching, it's straight up rudeness.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago
Ill try again 😂.

My only interest in participating in this thread is to talk football; and this is a perfect opportunity to discuss OL technique, which can lead to ALL OF US TO LEARNING [This includes myself] I will only respond to football talk; they’ll be no response to any negative statements about other posters [Uffda’s not even participating in this discussion (so far)]; theories on why people reject learning; or gerrymandering what the discussion has been about.

The football issue/debate I’m involved in is simple and labeled as Position #1 AND #2:

Position #1: A poster said his expertise [“half decent OL eye”] detected that Spriggs is violating “Tackle-101” principles because he routinely stops moving his feet on contact. He further opined that Spriggs adopted these “bad habits” because Spriggs was not starting for the 1st time in his football life.

In my opinion, unless a reasonable basis is provided to support Position #1, Position #1 is outrageous because it implicates a fundamental character flaw in Spriggs and gross incompetence of the entire GB coaching staff, which is not simply absolved by Spriggs recently playing a touch better. It is stupefyingly outrageousness that Position #1 was supported by one offering his credentials in degrees of expertise instead of supporting the position with fact or reason.

Position #2: I fully disagree! The statement about Spriggs not moving his feet contact is 99% false, if not 100%. This position is supported by argument as follows:

WE BOTH AGREE that Spriggs not moving his feet on contact is an obvious technique error, it is truly a Tackle 101 error. This is so fundamental that GB’s HC and everyone on the defensive or offensive staffs is indicted, if it’s true. Every DL/LB rushing or DB blitzing going against Spriggs and every defensive coach watching his player go up against Spriggs would easily spot that Spriggs stopped moving his feet on contact. The evaluation of all players is based on the execution of his assignment against the quality of the opponent. A sack/pressure or lack thereof receives one grade if the OT is Joe Thomas and another if the OT is a 2nd year player that stopped moving his feet on contact. Spriggs routinely doing this would prove the ENTIRE coaching staff as negligent in not seeing or communicating the problem to Spriggs and/or Spriggs totally refusing his coaching. I assert our staff is not this negligent.

Moreover, there is nothing in Spriggs’ history that suggests he’s a tool. Sulking because he didn’t start, brooding to the point that he would not immediately work to correct such a fundamental flaw, really? Sounds like a great plan: “I’m not starting so eff my fundamentals, that should help me start.” It’s outrageous, it’s defamatory! Wonder how Spriggs’ mom would feel reading such nasty, NASTY, crap about her boy?

I have re-watched random sampling of Spriggs' pass pros in each 2017 preseason game just to make sure that I didn’t miss this [I know I can always miss things, I know that I can always learn]. The 20 or so plays that I have re-reviewed show clearly that Spriggs’ feet NEVER stop moving after contact, NEVER! I have also watched several clips by Nagler, Rodney, Fennell, CHTV, Acme, etc, most showing Spriggs at his worst in the 2017 preseason and not once has Spriggs stopped moving his feet on contact.

My contemporaneous notes on Spriggs’ play show that I’ve seen him lean or raise his pad level on his kick step [This happens most of the time he gets beat inside]; seen him lean or raise pad level on power step; seen him lean when punching; seen him punch off his kick foot; seen him move his feet too close together; seen him for no apparent reason shift his weight so its not centered over his base; seen him anticipate the DE going outside, when he went inside [Probably not a physical mistake, but a mental one with Spriggs thinking he had inside help or G blew an assignment]. I’ve never, NEVER, seen his feet stop moving on or before contact, unless he’s “anchoring.”

To prove Position #2 [that 99-100% of the time Spriggs does move his feet after contact] one would have to post each and every play…I’m not doing this 😂. Anyone interested is free to review these clips for themselves and weigh in if they choose.

Position #1 can be proven with the posting of 8-10 plays that show Spriggs’ feet stopping moving on contact.

However, Position #2 can be EASILY disproven with the posting of 1 or 2 plays [Spriggs had less than 100 PS snaps] showing Spriggs’ feet stopped moving on contact. This is a very easy burden to meet, if true. And given the vicious nature of the charge, it should be supported.

I only see my participation further in this topic if one moves to prove/disprove either theory or otherwise deepen the discussion or shed light on OL/Spriggs’ technique. Absent any further adult football talk, or a retraction [😂 yea like that’s gonna happen😂] I see the issue resting as “agreeing to disagreeing.”
beast
6 years ago
Spriggs was shit suckage this preseason... it's that's simple.

No one cares enough to read the novel articles...

Now let it freaking go and let's move on, to what's actually IN SEASON!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.