Mmm, talk about being nice to people...

Originally Posted by: beast 

Don't be a bitch.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
There is a lot to be considered when a team shut its players down.

What will it do for MN? I don't think the league likes for teams to roll over. There is a little obligation to at least try and beat MN for the sake of home field advantage.

Next MN is the team the ruined Aaron's season. I believe he would truly enjoy whacking them in the balls and dropping them into 3rd place so they would miss the first round bye.

Also on Aaron, he's a proud man. I don't think he would enjoy having today's game be what he thinks about all off season. He probably wants one more week against a playoff caliber team and showing today was merely a preseason tune up game.

If Aaron plays then the rest of the offensive starter must play as well.

Is there a true rivalry between GB and MN? If so why would the front office want to roll over and let MN take 2 games this year? Teddy, Mikey and Dom all have fans screaming for their heads. 2 more wins and a 9-7 season will hold off some of that talk. 7-9 and there will be more unrest in Titletown as others climb on the band wagon.

No way Adams passes protocol before next Saturday. It took the mini bye week before he was in shape last time. With a short week it is not possible.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

So do you keep playing the vets? Or shut them down? Or give them the option?

I'm thinking of maybe giving Rodgers the option, with the suggesting that he should fully heal.

But with the others, maybe try to sit them and get some of the younger players going and some live game action. Maybe not all of these guys, but certainly some of them.

Like maybe sit Evans and Brooks see what one of the young OG/OLB have.

Okay, back to the actual topic rather than my childish turret syndrome like quick-bashes.

Players nursing injuries, I say sit them down. Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams and Davon House I believe all have some kind of injuries going on. Rodgers bone won't be fully healed for another 3 weeks so sit him down. Adams has a concussion and did something to his ankle, sit him down. House, I don't know what ails him, but sit him down.

We have 53 on the roster and can suit up 46 right? I would give some "veteran" days off to players.

Ooooh, I have a question. Can the Packers put Aaron Rodgers on Injured Reserve after just activating him and he hasn't suffered an injury? If not, I think that means we have to find someone to IR, or we have to cut someone.

My brain hurts ...
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Don't be a bitch.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I went to comment on your first response, but when I quoted it, it changed....

And then I answered and saw you changed it again... so I changed mine too... I wish you'd stop changing things, it makes it harder to keep up. Here is my response to your latest change.

You have your opinion (and I'm never said it was wrong)... but I also have my opinion and you're saying my opinion is completely wrong, because teams don't weight those factors... but how do we know the teams don't weight those factors?

You're simply making a claim that is not easily provable. You're claim could be 100% correct... but I have never heard any official speak on the subject, so I don't want to discount other possibilities.

It might be nice for teams to know Adams is fully healthy and not dealing with a muli-week long concussion if he indeed is full healthy.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

It might be nice for teams to know Adams is fully healthy and not dealing with a muli-week long concussion if he indeed is full healthy.

I'm fine with him playing, or sitting. I just don't think there is anything for the Packers or Adams to gain by him playing final two games. And with how injuries have been running through the NFL, I would be PISSED if he blew an ACL in the next two games just so he can tell teams he has 1,000 yard season, or whatever his reason for playing would be.

I really like Adams and I really, REALLY believe we NEED him for our 2018 Super Bowl run.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

There is a lot to be considered when a team shut its players down.

What will it do for MN? I don't think the league likes for teams to roll over. There is a little obligation to at least try and beat MN for the sake of home field advantage.

Next MN is the team the ruined Aaron's season. I believe he would truly enjoy whacking them in the balls and dropping them into 3rd place so they would miss the first round bye.

Also on Aaron, he's a proud man. I don't think he would enjoy having today's game be what he thinks about all off season. He probably wants one more week against a playoff caliber team and showing today was merely a preseason tune up game.

If Aaron plays then the rest of the offensive starter must play as well.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

According to the announcers, Aaron said he wouldn't be playing if the Packers were out of the playoff hunt.

You got a very good point with wanting the NFL wanting teams to stay in the hunt. But I think it'd be fair to rest the injured guys, and try to get the young guys some playing time... especially if we mixed in the older guys some. Just playing them different percentages.... so Biegel and Fackrell get more snaps and Perry and Brooks get less, or so.

Also did Biegel get in the game before Fackrell? Totally off subject, but I was wondering. But get them working for next year, and maybe give DT Adams some snaps at DL.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

"Well, I'm a competitor," Rodgers said. "Until they tell me otherwise, I'm expecting to play."

ESPN link 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Mmm, talk about being nice to people...

You have your opinion (and I'm never said it was wrong)... but I also have my opinion and you're saying my opinion is completely wrong, because teams don't weight those factors... but how do we know the teams don't weight those factors?

You're simply making a claim that is not easily provable. You're claim could be 100% correct... but I have never heard any official speak on the subject, so I don't want to discount other possibilities.

I asked a question. What does the final two games prove? What does he have to gain? Nothing, he gains nothing. That's my point and you go and say since I'm not in an NFL Decision Room I am clueless. It is my opinion that the NFL and Packers know what Adams can do and what he brings. Why put him out there? As his agent, (I am not), I would advise my client to rest the final two games and cash in during the off season.

I don't understand why that's so hard to accept. Sure, if Adams himself wants 1,000 yards and his agent advises him of the risks, so be it. But, again, I replied to someone saying "if i were his agent" and that's the role I was playing.

From a coach view ... Sit Adams, show off Jeff Janis and Trevor Davis. Adams doesn't need more snaps. Janis and Davis do need more snaps.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

According to the announcers, Aaron said he wouldn't be playing if the Packers were out of the playoff hunt.

You got a very good point with wanting the NFL wanting teams to stay in the hunt. But I think it'd be fair to rest the injured guys, and try to get the young guys some playing time... especially if we mixed in the older guys some. Just playing them different percentages.... so Biegel and Fackrell get more snaps and Perry and Brooks get less, or so.

Also did Biegel get in the game before Fackrell? Totally off subject, but I was wondering. But get them working for next year, and maybe give DT Adams some snaps at DL.

I can't say. We were in the Windy City for a wedding this weekend. When I got home my wife decided to delete the game from the dvr so she could record more Hallmark Christmas movies or something like that.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

Okay, back to the actual topic rather than my childish turret syndrome like quick-bashes.

Players nursing injuries, I say sit them down. Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams and Davon House I believe all have some kind of injuries going on. Rodgers bone won't be fully healed for another 3 weeks so sit him down. Adams has a concussion and did something to his ankle, sit him down. House, I don't know what ails him, but sit him down.

We have 53 on the roster and can suit up 46 right? I would give some "veteran" days off to players.

Ooooh, I have a question. Can the Packers put Aaron Rodgers on Injured Reserve after just activating him and he hasn't suffered an injury? If not, I think that means we have to find someone to IR, or we have to cut someone.

My brain hurts ...

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Your brain hurts? ... can we put Zero in the concussion protocol? JK
On a serious note, if your brain hurts make sure you're drinking enough water and getting enough sleep, I've heard some study a long time ago, that most 97% of brain pain is due to some sort of combo between dehydration, lack or sleep and stress.

Why do we need to free up roster space? ... are you planning on moving someone from the PS up to the main roster?

I think the NFL would have a negative reaction to Rodgers going back onto the IR, right after coming off of it... if the Packers could get away with it, probably would depend on how much stick the player union and other teams made about it.

But they can probably IR House and Perry...

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.