yooperfan
6 years ago

Not if you agree on a new long term contract first 😉
Yeah, that's not gonna happen, but I was just thinking outside the box.

But it would be nice. Though if you make a serious offer right now, Adam's camp might be interested especially if Adams isn't cleared right away.

Originally Posted by: beast 

But what if this turns into another Shields situation, would we be on the hook for 10 million a year or is there a way around that taking into consideration the CBA?
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

What more do you think Adams is going to prove over those last two games? Why risk injury and payday? As an agent, your client has proven beyond a reasonable doubt what he can do and how valuable he is. Why put him at risk for 120 minutes of play when he could tear an ACL and then what?

I think your "if im agent" talk is not well thought out my friend, lol.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What more do I think Adams is going to prove?

Well if he's full healthy, that he can get 1,000 yards in a season... he's not yet been able to do it (3 yards off last year) and he's 115 yards off now (with two games to go). Also need to mention that he's done that with being knocked out of two games and having to work with Hundley.

But what if this turns into another Shields situation, would we be on the hook for 10 million a year or is there a way around that taking into consideration the CBA?

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

1) I said it wasn't going to happen
2) You could always put the money in roster bonus, where if said player isn't on the roster (or maybe not on the active roster) than they don't get that money...

Of course, getting the agent and player to agree to #2 is a completely different story and could be impossible.... but the resign him thought, was based on the theory he's 100% fine, and Packers are just sitting him to make sure he fully heals up.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

What more do I think Adams is going to prove?

Well if he's full healthy, that he can get 1,000 yards in a season... he's not yet been able to do it (3 yards off last year) and he's 115 yards off now (with two games to go). Also need to mention that he's done that with being knocked out of two games and having to work with Hundley.

And getting 1,000 yards a season is going to do what good for him exactly? What does this bring to the table in negations that his yards per game wouldn't do just the same?

1,000 yards proves nothing that the Packers and the NFL don't already know. Do you think the General Managers have a filter for 1,000 yard receiving or something?

Davante has NOTHING to prove and NOTHING to gain over the next two games. The Packers and NFL already know what Davante brings to an offense.

Packers would be wise to sit him and play Trevor Davis and Jeff Janis more to see what we have with them. Treat these last two games like pre-season games. Get game time experience.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

And getting 1,000 yards a season is going to do what good for him exactly? What does this bring to the table in negations that his yards per game wouldn't do just the same?

1,000 yards proves nothing that the Packers and the NFL don't already know. Do you think the General Managers have a filter for 1,000 yard receiving or something?

Davante has NOTHING to prove and NOTHING to gain over the next two games. The Packers and NFL already know what Davante brings to an offense.

Packers would be wise to sit him and play Trevor Davis and Jeff Janis more to see what we have with them. Treat these last two games like pre-season games. Get game time experience.

Your point is complex and looking for the meaning of this and that... my point is simply, he has not yet done it (yet)... it would be great for him to do it. Not necessary for a contract, but just to freaking do it and cross another thing off the list.

Sorta like climbing a larger mountain, just so say you've been there. That is if he's healthy enough to do it.

UserPostedImage
greengold
6 years ago

You sound like that genius who was claiming the Packers could have signed Randall Cobb while he was on IR for half price before the final year of his rookie deal. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way in the real world but whatever.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Your point is complex and looking for the meaning of this and that... my point is simply, he has not yet done it (yet)... it would be great for him to do it. Not necessary for a contract, but just to freaking do it and cross another thing off the list.

Sorta like climbing a larger mountain, just so say you've been there. That is if he's healthy enough to do it.

As his agent, why do you care? Why does it matter? What matters is your clients health. Adams has proven himself. There is nothing he can do in the last two games that will improve his free agent offers, but he could get hurt. Simple decision, you sit your booty down and get your brain right.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

You sound like that genius who was claiming the Packers could have signed Randall Cobb while he was on IR for half price before the final year of his rookie deal. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way in the real world but whatever.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

You sound like someone who knows they are less than right and doesn't have anything else to say but some rambling about "someone else" (btw, that was probably you about that IR thing).

Adams has nothing to gain by playing final two games, but has a lot to lose. What is so hard to understand about this? Why cannot you not grasp this concept? Do you think an ACL helps his contract offers?

Yeah, lets talk about the REAL WORLD because injuries happen in ... THE REAL WORLD.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

As his agent, why do you care? Why does it matter? What matters is your clients health. Adams has proven himself. There is nothing he can do in the last two games that will improve his free agent offers, but he could get hurt. Simple decision, you sit your booty down and get your brain right.

Unless one of us has been in a NFL decision room, that how do we know what does and does NOT matter to the actual decision makers? Weather Adams finishes the season proven that he's still healthy, of if he finishes it injured on the IR after two concussion in a single season, might matter.

I completely agree with Davis... as for Janis, I'm not sure... after all I would hate for him to make two plays and then some team thinks, oh, he can be a stud at STs and an average speed WR too and raise his price tag a lot... when I think they're hoping to get him back as a ST only guy price.

But Davis, Allison and maybe Clark (if you think Clark will surely make it next year, maybe not, if you think you might be trying to slip Clark onto the PS next year).
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Unless one of us has been in a NFL decision room, that how do we know what does and does NOT matter to the actual decision makers? Weather Adams finishes the season proven that he's still healthy, of if he finishes it injured on the IR after two concussion in a single season, might matter.

Fuck you and your bitch ass cop out responses. I can have an opinion without being in a decision room in the NFL.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 years ago

Fuck you and your bitch ass cop out responses. I can have an opinion without being in a decision room in the NFL.

Mmm, talk about being nice to people...

You have your opinion (and I'm never said it was wrong)... but I also have my opinion and you're saying my opinion is completely wrong, because teams don't weight those factors... but how do we know the teams don't weight those factors?

You're simply making a claim that is not easily provable. You're claim could be 100% correct... but I have never heard any official speak on the subject, so I don't want to discount other possibilities.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (15m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (55m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.