Barfarn
6 years ago

This is what I like about you Barny. You don't even recognize when you are completely wrong.

John Schneider as GM in Seattle: record 79-48-1 .621

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Cindy Kelley [Human resources babe] boasts same W/L record during this time period, does this ipso facto make her a great GM or do we have to look beyond the record and consider THE ROLE a person played in accomplishing the record?

Schneider started in 2010 and Seattle had that WL record ONLY because they had 3 GREAT drafts 2010-2012 [8 Pro-bowlers [PB] and 7 other guys that got solid to elite 2nd contracts].

Scot McCloughan was there for those 3 years and in 2010 Schneider had 98% of Ted’s draftboard, 50% in 2011 and 25% in 2012.

After 2012, McCloughan left and Schneider without any of Ted’s draft board conducted 5 drafts that yielded NOT ONE SINGLE PBer and only 3 starters [Ifedi, Britt and Lockett-Clark is a solid situational pass rusher].

With a cheap PB QB and 14 other cheap starters [7 of which were PBers], Schnieder had a fortune to spend on FAs. Just a few decent picks and a few solid FA decisions and this should have been a 10 year dynasty w/ 3-4-5 SBs. But, Schneider literally killed it with several STUPID FA moves and trades [Balmer, Flynn, Lacy, Atari Bigby, Leon Washington, Jason Jones, Farwell, Whitehurst, Joekal, Palombus, Harvin, TE Miller, Raheem Brock, Mike Williams, Rubin, Graham, Sydney Rice, Robert Gallery, McQuisten, Branch, etc]. Branch’s signing caused 4th rounder Jaye Howard to be cut as a rookie, where played at a PB level in KC before injuries took him out. Seattle traded for Lynch in 2010 and signed Bennett and Avril, which were good moves, but only Lynch and Bennett were Schneider’s doing. And Schneider traded his 2018 2nd [1 yr rental of Richardson] and 3rd rounder [for a 10M tackle that’ll probably be cut].

Schneider is a loser drafting w/o McCloughan and Ted’s Board.

Schneider is a loser in making deals.

And Schneider is a drunk and one of those good time Charlie Friends. He rode his “friend” McCloughan, when he should have been more concerned of his health. Did you know Randy Newman wrote the short people song after meeting Schnieder?

In McGinn’s hack piece of Ted, I wonder who could McGinn identify as a “close friend” of Ted’s that would publically sell him out? I’ll bet that turd was Schneider, the guy is a POS. Though he did introduce Jessica Kress to McCarthy.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Though he did introduce Jessica Kress to McCarthy.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I thought Mike McCarthy "introduced/injected" himself when she was in the office and married to the board member you said you pretended to be feeding McGinn bad info? Is that not so? Mike McCarthy went after a married woman?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago

How many of you have ever helped hire your new boss? Show of hands? Ah, none. It is bizarro world.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You clearly have never worked in academia, where it's standard for faculty and staff to serve on search committees for new faculty, department chairs, and even upper-level administration.

I have to say, as much as I agree with a lot of the views you espouse, when I see the hysterical tone you assume, I a) have wonder if you're truly being serious or just having a gay, old time taking the piss with the rest of the forum membership; and b) can't help feeling sorry for the woman who has to live with you on a daily basis; her cortisol levels must be chronically sky high from dealing with your turbulent personality, poor thing.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

You clearly have never worked in academia, where it's standard for faculty and staff to serve on search committees for new faculty, department chairs, and even upper-level administration.

I have to say, as much as I agree with a lot of the views you espouse, when I see the hysterical tone you assume, I a) have wonder if you're truly being serious or just having a gay, old time taking the piss with the rest of the forum membership; and b) can't help feeling sorry for the woman who has to live with you on a daily basis; her cortisol levels must be chronically sky high from dealing with your turbulent personality, poor thing.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

That last part was terribly unfair and way over the line. I have never posted something solely for effect. I have posted something I believe knowing it would cause issue but never pulled the pin on anything I didn't believe.

You're right, I haven't worked in academia. You're telling me that professors pick their superiors who then have control over their future employment? I learned something. I hope you learn to never ever again say another word about me in the manner you did here.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Gentlemen,
Your comments are so much more interesting and elucidating when you stick to discussing characteristics and ideas behind the people in the story, not personal shortcomings, and not each other. As it is written:
- Great minds talk about ideas
- Average minds talk about events
- Small minds talk about people
To address some of the ideas recently discussed in the post
- Yes, at times, employees have input on the hiring or their superior. It may be especially appropriate if that employee is a Super Bowl winning coach...and there aren't many. I don't think MikeM is a great defensive mind, but he chooses to delegate to his DC.
- Perhaps the Packers are contemplating structure where there would be a Executive Vice President of Football operations with a General Manager AND Head Coach Reporting to him....it is probably a long shot, but its an idea.
- Further, you don't know if Mike M's hands were tied re DCDC. I had been very critical of DC, and thought Mike McCarthy owned the problem since he had not effectuated change. Well, now he has:
- Do I hope it is an external candidate....hell yes...but
- Just because you worked for somebody doesn't mean you think like him. I worked for a brilliant, risk averse guy. When I ( a relative dumb ass) ran my own show, I took risks and no one would have recognized the two organizations.
Let see the outcome before being too judgemental
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
musccy
6 years ago

You're right, I haven't worked in academia. You're telling me that professors pick their superiors who then have control over their future employment? I learned something. I hope you learn to never ever again say another word about me in the manner you did here.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

He's right. I've been in interviews for my direct supervisor and a few other "above me." It doesn't mean I had the final say, but I was part of the interview process. Some of my colleagues were on the selection committee for these as well.

That said, I'm still with you that I'm not happy with what's rumored to be happening with the GM position.

uffda udfa
6 years ago
One thing I believe is Mike McCarthy is growing in stature with Ted's departure. I said that here or on twitter, I can't remember where.

Reportedly, he'd been frustrated with Ted's lack of help via FA. Having Mike McCarthy have more sway there may not be a bad thing and maybe a very good thing. Not sure what his level of understanding in what makes a great football player but we're going to find out. He spoke to needing BIG TARGETS to run down the middle of the field. Jimmy Graham will be out there. I'll be watching, well, not so much if Ball is the guy, if there is a big target acquired via FA or one drafted.
Mike McCarthy was the one I had the least issue with staying. Wanted him gone to start fresh, but it has been a little unfair having him captive to Ted's lack of acquiring performing vet talent. Heck, he may have been the guy doing some of the stuff this past off-season. I don't believe it was Ted and I never considered it may have been MM's input in all of that.

This is not a buddy club but it is a buddy club. Now, I'm not naive that this is how it works across the NFL, there's lots of buddies all over the place, but it seems that's all we do. I really hope we expand our horizons. Sameness has it's merits but so does change. Too much same and not enough of change is out of balance.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I've worked at places where subordinates interviewed whom they would report to. It was odd the first time, but then it made more sense when it was about who meshes with who.

Russ Ball and Mike McCarthy crossed paths with the Saints from 2002-2004.
They were both apart of the Chiefs too. I'm not sure if their paths crossed there too though. McCarthy said he first met Russ in 1993.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
McCarthy spoke today about "fit" like he was either setting things up for him being let go, or saying to everyone "hey the new GM has to fit with ME". The tone sounded like a guy who wasn't going to have the man who introduced him to his wife as his GM. Yes, Russ Ball introduced Mike McCarthy to Jessica (who filed for divorce March 2004), his current wife.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
45m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.