Barfarn
6 years ago

We had a tour of investors coming in back when I was working in national radio in Chicago. Our guys were instructed to do a fake interview with Michael Jordan to give the impression we were able to get Michael Jordan on the phone when we wanted. I don't know how we pulled it off but they bought it and left impressed thinking we were a group that had access to MJ. All staged. All fake in the name of an end. We wanted their money.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You pulled it off by committing an actionable FRAUD! If some of the investors were Banks; that constitutes one of 2 predicate acts to established a Civil RICO claim. If the negotiations were carried thru US Mail, there's your 2nd predicate act.

BTW, I was an investor in a handful of radio stations that had affiliates in Chicago in the 80s and 90s; what station was that?

I digress.

What you have just testified to is that the media considers TRUTH as a distant third to money/clicks and agenda. This MUST be considered when reading ANY story put out by ANY media outlet including this fairy tale published by McGinn.

The theory is that Mike is mad he didn't get FAs. Well, over the last several years Ball was the money guy. A coach or GM can want Lang or Hyde, but if the money guy says, "NO!" Then that's it. If Mike successfully whines like a little bitch baby for a different GM, Ball remains the money guy and NOTHING CHANGES! If Ball is GM and he doesn't know talent, Mike has the ability to influence him about what is best for the team and they'll be a new Money guy.

Also, the story supposedly says Mike lined up his staff and said he's leaving if Ball is GM. Even if true, that Mike doesn't want Ball, to do it in this fashion, knowing he's going to fire many of these guys is 100% certifiably STUPID. If he did this, by now the story would be all over. But, its been a week and still the only source of this fairy Tail is McGinn.

McGinn is a lying or was duped about this fairy tail as well.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Barfan and Uffda,
Would you say something to Murphey if you were Aaron Rodgers?
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I couldn't agree more with...speak now or forever hold your peace. This is a once in a career moment for 12 and his and everyone's future. An old HS teacher used to always say...silence gives consent. Might be partially why I go off like I do when I see something I don't like. I would've said something by now.

None of us know what Aaron is thinking but his lack of extension while seeing some fans brag how smart it was to spread cap hits on Adams and Linsley by getting deals done before season's end raises more questions about 12s lack of one. He may want out so his career isn't ended up in this mess we have here. The mess has been here for years, it's just exposed a bit more now.

I am very happy Jason Wilde confirmed Bob's story on Mike McCarthy threatening to quit if Ball is GM. He knew the same things Bob did but said... maybe, I'm too chicken. Later, said he didn't have the guts to write it as he didn't have it cold like Bob. Bob is a legend and has tons of contacts that Wilde surely doesn't. Thanks to him we again get a peek at something we never would've with our weak chicken gutless media who won't report uncomfortable things due to relationship. Bob and his reporting is not only good for us but it's good for Packers media as a whole as they're prodded to speak to it and do better themselves. Bob has kicked everyone's @ss on this story and will continue to.

I've never listened to a Wilde and Tausch pod but I recommend the one from yesterday on Mike McCarthy walking away if Ball gets hired. 15 quick minutes. You can hear another voice besides Bob detail this story. It's multi sourced now. No question Mike McCarthy did tell his staff he was leaving if it's Ball. Kind of ironic Mike McCarthy and I feel the same way.

I love the fact it's out Mike McCarthy has been frustrated with our front office and is even willing to walk because he doesn't feel they're sold out to win Championships. Same thing I said here for years while a lot of you defended our approach. It's clear our HC didn't agree with you and is willing to walk over it. Total vindication for years of crap I took here. The longtime HC of the Packers felt same way and saw the same things I did.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
6 years ago

Questions for the group...

Per numerous articles (of questionable veracity) along with MM, ARod is not a Ball fan. If so Should he say something to Murphy?
- His contract is up and he is in an EXTREMELY powerful negotiating position.
- He is not a spring chicken, and realizes he likely only has 5-7 years of optimal performance in the tank.
- I believe he is an extremely bright perceptive young man, who probably knows whats wrong moreso that most of his bosses.
- Whether anyone likes it or not....he is the franchise. I am guessing however, he doesn't want to be. He would like the team to succeed when he can't play, and right now that is not happening

Also, do you think he already has, and the cavalcade of changes may have been partially brought about by his input?
Not that he listens to me, but my advice would be..."Speak now, or forever hold your peace"

Originally Posted by: KRK 

The tail can’t be wagging the dog. We already had that wih Bert Favor. Fortunately we had a GM like Ted who was not afraid to stand up to the inflated superstar and put him back in his place.

It was for the good of the franchise then, and it would be now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
N,

Don't you think comparing AROD with BF is terribly unfair.

I think AROD is a consummate team player...I would love to have him on my team, even if he wasn't as good as he is. Works hard, doesn't whine, etc.

BF was a prima donna in every sense of the word. That "aw shucks" schtick was bullshit....it was, and is, all about Brett. Deanna is a saint...
the whole "I'm retiring, no I'm not" BS was incredibly selfish and hurtful to the team.

For the good of the franchise them, they put a fork in him....for the good of the franchise now, they should listen to their biggest asset IMHO
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (11h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.