uffda udfa
6 years ago
Calling Bob an internet blogger is a low blow. Lots of friends say things about their friends. You never have? Heck, my mom called me fat to my face last time I saw her.

What was said about Mike McCarthy is true. I didn't find that off putting at all. Heavier and older men have less juice. That's just a fact.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

olds70supreme
6 years ago
You are right, he does look overweight so that isn't false. That's not the point. The point is a professional writer could easily make their point simply by saying that the "friend" had said McCarthy didn't have the enthusiasm or energy that he used to. Putting the bit in there about being 40 lbs overweight was unnecessary, and has all the markings of a personal dig.

If calling Bob an internet blogger is a low blow, so was that part of the article towards McCarthy.
blank
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
First pick.com

Never to early to check out the draft.

No comp. Picks added yet so I just went with no trades and took best player available

Your score is: 17442 (GRADE: 😎

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (A-)
Round 2 Pick 14: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 14: Tony Brown, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: Deontay Burnett, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford (A)
Round 6 Pick 14: Deadrin Senat, DT, South Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1

What does any of this have to do with the thread?
Absolutely nothing.
Time to check out until the draft .

Until then I see packershome is once again being morphed into allaboutuffda.com.

Read that nauseating novel before.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
6 years ago

First pick.com

Never to early to check out the draft.

No comp. Picks added yet so I just went with no trades and took best player available

Your score is: 17442 (GRADE: 😎

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (A-)
Round 2 Pick 14: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 14: Tony Brown, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: Deontay Burnett, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford (A)
Round 6 Pick 14: Deadrin Senat, DT, South Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1

What does any of this have to do with the thread?
Absolutely nothing.
Time to check out until the draft .

Until then I see packershome is once again being morphed into allaboutuffda.com.

Read that nauseating novel before.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Gotta take OLBs high.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

Gotta take OLBs high.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Your score is: 19289 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Harold Landry, OLB/DE, Boston College (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 3 Pick 14: Mike McCray, OLB, Michigan (B+)
Round 4 Pick 14: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

Better?
No comp picks yet.
So I'm not doing any trades.
OLB doesn't look to be real strong this year.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
6 years ago

This is defamatory. I'd muzzle this bitch forever and make sure lived out his remain days penny less if he did this to me. McGinn is despicable.

First, we all know Ted has lost a physical step.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I didn't know how bad it was, like that he had hip surgery. That could explain some of the odd moment s especially if he was in pain or recovering.

Ted's purported mental demise rests on 2 sources: A "close friend" and purported source inside 1265. And it is self-evident both sources are 100% bullshit.

Notice how McGinn quotes, quotes quotes and then writes without quotes:
Last month, Thompson was just gazing into space hardly mindful why he was attending a meeting of team executives, the source said.
Also, McGinn uses the "friend" source more than any other thousand journalists on the earth. The deception is clear, if a friend says negative things its different than if a stranger, ex-wife or a just released player said it. But, why would a close friend say this stuff to McGinn? It's an oxymoron to claim this source is a friend; a friend would never say these things to McGinn. Would any of you speak to a reporter about your very public close friend's medical condition? It is 100% absurd, totally beyond reason. McGinn's "friend" claim constitutes at best a reckless disregard for the truth.

And look how he sprinkles the "Friend" quotes throughout the article. Instead of writing what one friend said in one paragraph; he liters it throughout the article leaving the reader with an impression that several of Ted's friends are selling him out.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I completely agree, every time he said "friend", I couldn't help but think of John McCain use of the word. As McCain often uses the phrase extremely loosely and sometimes backwards as he often called his enemies, his "friend" as he played the nice guy role.

(Also while politics might be banned here, I liked to point out I meant to just focus on the persuasion technique that happened to most famously be used by a politician and not the politics themselves, as McGinn seems to be using a very similar persuasion technique)

But how does McGinn define friend here? As people he can't connect in some other way?

Are we even sure Ted Thompson has friends? Do robots have friends? I thought he was going to continue to be a scout after GMing because he didn't have much to retire to, ie not a ton of family, people, friends.

So I'm calling complete bullshit that real friends of Ted Thompson said the shit that McGinn is claiming... either they're casual acquaintances of Thompson, friends of McGinn or some random people.

UserPostedImage
6 years ago
Here's mine, though no way this ever happens.

Your score is: 18267 (GRADE: 😎

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (BALT): Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist (A)
Round 2 Pick 27 (S.F.): Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State (A)
Round 6 Pick 14: Adam Breneman, TE, Massachusetts (A)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick
uffda udfa
6 years ago
For those saying that McGinn was making things up and nobody ever reported anything similar, I'll offer this, that I hadn't seen or posted previously:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/whats-the-deal-with-ted-thompson-443 

But when I listen to Ted over the past few years, it's painful. He sounds slow, sometimes aloof and, for lack of a better way to describe it, drunk. It's not lost on me that Thompson may have or may still be dealing with health issues leading to some of what we see and hear. That he's still Packers GM leads me to believe that those issues can't be life-threatening but how much might they be affecting Ted?

---These kind of things are all over the place if you're looking. Why it would take someone else reporting it and you not seeing it for yourself is the real question. Either not paying as close attention to the Packers as you should, or I don't know...
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.