Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
Reading through this old thread both reminds me of why I took such a long hiatus from this site and makes me realize how deeply I miss some of the folks I had the privilege to meet through PackersHome. I used to talk on the phone once in a while with dfosterf. DakotaT repeatedly invited me out to his place for some yearly beekeeping. I watched the Packers win the Super Bowl from a sports bar in the Netherlands with Rockmolder -- just one year after experiencing the heartbreak of watching the Packers fall to the Cardinals in the playoffs from a sports bar in Frankfurt, Germany. Wade catered my wedding with a five-course extravaganza prepared at his own hand. I used to consider zombieslayer my best friend, and we made some pretty awesome music together.

Now not a single one of them is in my life anymore. Thinking about this makes me feel indescribably sad. I'm going to go to bed now and try to forget about just how horribly alone I feel out here on the East Coast.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
6 years ago
Oh, man. It's like reading Facebook posts from five years ago that just make you cringe now. One heck of a thread you picked, Rourke.

I do sometimes wonder what happened to all those people. Apart from Vikesrule, they all just stopped logging in (for as far as I know, at least). It happens on every forum I've been on, but it is a shame. Doesn't feel like too long ago that everyone chipped in for a Wii for Cheesey, Foster was hyping up everyone here for his son's friend in the 2009 NFL draft (free applause if you can recall who that was. He's still in the league), Vikes was talking about the addiction he beat and Gilbert made me green with envy with his jearly trips from Germany to Lambeau.

That said, we could always turn this thread into something a bit more lighthearted. How's life, Rourke? And what are you doing on the East Coast?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
I tried to get a hold of Montana Bob a couple of times in the past 5 years without any success. I even checked the obits and didn't see him listed that is a good sign.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
So, are we in favor of PACKERSHOME keeping old threads?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Hey Rock! Can you believe it's been NINE YEARS (next month) since my open heart surgery and you guys getting me the wii? And I STILL play it all the time! I will never forget the love you guys showed to me!!!
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
6 years ago

I tried to get a hold of Montana Bob a couple of times in the past 5 years without any success. I even checked the obits and didn't see him listed that is a good sign.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That's some good news, at least. Such a shame that you can't really reach out to most of the members who left here. I imagine most e-mailaccounts used to open PackersHome accounts in 2007-2009 aren't in use anymore, either.

So, are we in favor of PACKERSHOME keeping old threads?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Certainly.

Hey Rock! Can you believe it's been NINE YEARS (next month) since my open heart surgery and you guys getting me the wii? And I STILL play it all the time! I will never forget the love you guys showed to me!!!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It feels like a year or three.

Being completely honest, though... I didn't chip in, being the moneyless 15 year old that I was at that time. But I'll gladly take the praise I don't actually deserve.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Being completely honest, though... I didn't chip in, being the moneyless 15 year old that I was at that time. But I'll gladly take the praise I don't actually deserve.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Yeah the Euro to dollar conversion would have had Zero in a panic. I really liked using coins for the €1 and €2 instead of the paper version here in the States.

I remember you talking about taking an English class when you were in school and boring everyone because you talked about American football when they don't care about it at all. That took real moxie on your part.

The last thing I remember you talking about was going to university. I guess you are about 24 now. What job do you have? How's your career going? Have you landed a potential Mrs Rocky yet?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
6 years ago

Yeah the Euro to dollar conversion would have had Zero in a panic. I really liked using coins for the €1 and €2 instead of the paper version here in the States.

I remember you talking about taking an English class when you were in school and boring everyone because you talked about American football when they don't care about it at all. That took real moxie on your part.

The last thing I remember you talking about was going to university. I guess you are about 24 now. What job do you have? How's your career going? Have you landed a potential Mrs Rocky yet?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That could be true. Must've been a year or three ago. I'm working as an assistant at an accounting firm, trying to become something that resembles a certified public accountant in the US, I think?

And I have landed potentiel Mrs Rocky, as well as two cats that she kinda forced upon me, so it's almost like my own disfunctional family already.

And how are you, Wayne? Your son still doing fine?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

That could be true. Must've been a year or three ago. I'm working as an assistant at an accounting firm, trying to become something that resembles a certified public accountant in the US, I think?

And I have landed potentiel Mrs Rocky, as well as two cats that she kinda forced upon me, so it's almost like my own disfunctional family already.

And how are you, Wayne? Your son still doing fine?

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Good for you Rock. A little female companionship does a guy good. Yes in the States we abbreviate it CPA.

I am doing fine. My son is married. He and his wife live about 3 hours away. They bought a house. I kind of enjoy how our dynamics have changed in the last few years. I calls me for advice on a regular basis. Instead of just being my son he's my best friend also. Before he proposed (That was a couple of years ago.) He showed me the ring and we talked about it for a couple of days. I didn't tell my wife anything about his plans until he was ready. As they were getting things lined up for the wedding he stunned me by asking me to perform the ceremony. I took the weekend to think it over. I checked with the minister of my church and got his approval. I called the the County Clerk's Office in their city and checked with them. Since I am an elder in my church I was able to marry them. It was pretty interesting. They had an out door wedding. When my daughter in law started her walk I glanced over at my son to see the look on his face. It's a nice moment we shared.

He works at one of the local Veteran Administration hospitals. He is a Social Worker and he counsels military vets who have PTSD. Since he was injured in a suicide bomb attack in Afghanistan and struggles with PTSD himself he feels he understands what they are going through better than the rest of the Social Workers. Funny thing is he was planning on being a CPA himself before he switched. This college was interrupted by the year he was stationed overseas.

My daughter is another matter. She was married first. After less than 2 years of marriage they called it quits and are in the process of getting divorced.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Rock...didn't realize you were THAT young! 15 when I had my heart surgery ....wow....I can remember 15....if I think hard enough!😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.