wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

I believe Gutekunst wiill focus on the back end of the roster in FA and shore up certain positions with a few solid veterans. They found out in a big way that to rely on young and inexperienced players to step in doesn't work out very well. These young guys just don't get enough practice time and are unprepared for what they see in real game situations. In other words they screw up way to much.

Rodgers can win just about any game if the rest of the team plays half way decent. Having a few more experienced backups when injuries occur would certainly help in that regard.
Mike McCarthy mentioned the "gap" between starters and backups and HA HA, while who's he to talk, was accurate with what occurred on the field.

The draft is going to be interesting with 11 picks. Eleven rookies are not going to make this team or it would seem highly unlikely. Especially if they do sign a few vets in FA. So what Gutey does there is going to be fun to watch.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

because of this I would love to see them package a few picks and move up a couple of times to get better quality players.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago

The draft is going to be interesting with 11 picks. Eleven rookies are not going to make this team or it would seem highly unlikely. Especially if they do sign a few vets in FA. So what Gutey does there is going to be fun to watch.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

I certainly get your point, but having 11 picks provides more opportunities to find 3-4 solid to great contributors. Who cares if all 11 players don't stick around long. I just hope they draft at least one great player, at least one very good player, and two other solid contributors. That would be a home draft any year.
warhawk
6 years ago

I certainly get your point, but having 11 picks provides more opportunities to find 3-4 solid to great contributors. Who cares if all 11 players don't stick around long. I just hope they draft at least one great player, at least one very good player, and two other solid contributors. That would be a home draft any year.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

They need to take advantage of their position early and not miss on those first two for sure. This is their shot to add some really good talent and they have to capitalize on the opportunity. I agree that two that make an impact and a couple that improve the depth at any given position would be a great draft.

No reason the shouldn't pull that off this year.

"The train is leaving the station."
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
With the extra picks I would rather that the keep them and use them on some high risk/high reward guys. Maybe we take a guy with some character baggage or injury history that may provide huge dividends.
wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago

With the extra picks I would rather that the keep them and use them on some high risk/high reward guys. Maybe we take a guy with some character baggage or injury history that may provide huge dividends.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

You mean you want them to draft someone who's not a Packer Person? 🤦 The horror of it all. 😉
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago

You mean you want them to draft someone who's not a Packer Person? 🤦 The horror of it all. 😉

Originally Posted by: wpr 

To be honest with some good mentors I think Green Bay could be a good place for a player with character problems. I think of a guy like Johnny Jolly. He had issues, but it always seemed to occur when he was not in Green Bay. Too bad we can't convince some of these guys to stick around all year long.

wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago

To be honest with some good mentors I think Green Bay could be a good place for a player with character problems. I think of a guy like Johnny Jolly. He had issues, but it always seemed to occur when he was not in Green Bay. Too bad we can't convince some of these guys to stick around all year long.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I was being facetious. There have been a few players who came to GB and shed their trouble-some persona. Woodson was probably a better example. But there is no way you are going to convince young guys who are now millionaires to stay in GB. Especially if they grew up in the South, large cities or the Left Coast.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago

I was being facetious. There have been a few players who came to GB and shed their trouble-some persona. Woodson was probably a better example. But there is no way you are going to convince young guys who are now millionaires to stay in GB. Especially if they grew up in the South, large cities or the Left Coast.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Many grow up and continue to live in smaller size communities. Yet there are also those that can and do flee south for the colder months of the year. Florida is one of those places. Unless your used to living in and like severely cold weather, most don't care for it .

Many players leave for warmer climates as soon as the season ends, but not all. As far as "getting in trouble" is concerned, players get in trouble because of their lack of self discipline and location can elevate that lack of discipline with more opportunities to do wrong. However let us not forget a GB TE that got in trouble some years back and in the vicinity of GB. [wink]

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (12h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (12h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (13h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.