Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:07:53 PM(UTC)
warhawk said: Go to Quoted Post
I believe Gutekunst wiill focus on the back end of the roster in FA and shore up certain positions with a few solid veterans. They found out in a big way that to rely on young and inexperienced players to step in doesn't work out very well. These young guys just don't get enough practice time and are unprepared for what they see in real game situations. In other words they screw up way to much.

Rodgers can win just about any game if the rest of the team plays half way decent. Having a few more experienced backups when injuries occur would certainly help in that regard.
Mike McCarthy mentioned the "gap" between starters and backups and HA HA, while who's he to talk, was accurate with what occurred on the field.

The draft is going to be interesting with 11 picks. Eleven rookies are not going to make this team or it would seem highly unlikely. Especially if they do sign a few vets in FA. So what Gutey does there is going to be fun to watch.

because of this I would love to see them package a few picks and move up a couple of times to get better quality players.
DoddPower  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:54:22 PM(UTC)
warhawk said: Go to Quoted Post

The draft is going to be interesting with 11 picks. Eleven rookies are not going to make this team or it would seem highly unlikely. Especially if they do sign a few vets in FA. So what Gutey does there is going to be fun to watch.

I certainly get your point, but having 11 picks provides more opportunities to find 3-4 solid to great contributors. Who cares if all 11 players don't stick around long. I just hope they draft at least one great player, at least one very good player, and two other solid contributors. That would be a home draft any year.
warhawk  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:26:19 AM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
I certainly get your point, but having 11 picks provides more opportunities to find 3-4 solid to great contributors. Who cares if all 11 players don't stick around long. I just hope they draft at least one great player, at least one very good player, and two other solid contributors. That would be a home draft any year.

They need to take advantage of their position early and not miss on those first two for sure. This is their shot to add some really good talent and they have to capitalize on the opportunity. I agree that two that make an impact and a couple that improve the depth at any given position would be a great draft.

No reason the shouldn't pull that off this year.

TheKanataThrilla  
#24 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:46:48 AM(UTC)
With the extra picks I would rather that the keep them and use them on some high risk/high reward guys. Maybe we take a guy with some character baggage or injury history that may provide huge dividends.
wpr  
#25 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:59:47 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla said: Go to Quoted Post
With the extra picks I would rather that the keep them and use them on some high risk/high reward guys. Maybe we take a guy with some character baggage or injury history that may provide huge dividends.

You mean you want them to draft someone who's not a Packer Person? Face Palm The horror of it all. Wink
TheKanataThrilla  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 11:14:56 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
You mean you want them to draft someone who's not a Packer Person? Face Palm The horror of it all. Wink

To be honest with some good mentors I think Green Bay could be a good place for a player with character problems. I think of a guy like Johnny Jolly. He had issues, but it always seemed to occur when he was not in Green Bay. Too bad we can't convince some of these guys to stick around all year long.

wpr  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 12:30:57 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla said: Go to Quoted Post
To be honest with some good mentors I think Green Bay could be a good place for a player with character problems. I think of a guy like Johnny Jolly. He had issues, but it always seemed to occur when he was not in Green Bay. Too bad we can't convince some of these guys to stick around all year long.

I was being facetious. There have been a few players who came to GB and shed their trouble-some persona. Woodson was probably a better example. But there is no way you are going to convince young guys who are now millionaires to stay in GB. Especially if they grew up in the South, large cities or the Left Coast.
Smokey  
#28 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 2:18:27 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
I was being facetious. There have been a few players who came to GB and shed their trouble-some persona. Woodson was probably a better example. But there is no way you are going to convince young guys who are now millionaires to stay in GB. Especially if they grew up in the South, large cities or the Left Coast.

Many grow up and continue to live in smaller size communities. Yet there are also those that can and do flee south for the colder months of the year. Florida is one of those places. Unless your used to living in and like severely cold weather, most don't care for it .

Many players leave for warmer climates as soon as the season ends, but not all. As far as "getting in trouble" is concerned, players get in trouble because of their lack of self discipline and location can elevate that lack of discipline with more opportunities to do wrong. However let us not forget a GB TE that got in trouble some years back and in the vicinity of GB. Wink
Rss Feed