Cheesey
6 years ago
Man...thinking of all the people we don't see here anymore. Vikesrule, Trippster, Montana Bob, Formo. And the list goes on and on.
I wonder how Formo is liking the Vikings season? I wish he would come here again. He (and Vikesrule) were great guys.
I wonder how all the old members are doing?
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago

Man...thinking of all the people we don't see here anymore. Vikesrule, Trippster, Montana Bob, Formo. And the list goes on and on.
I wonder how Formo is liking the Vikings season? I wish he would come here again. He (and Vikesrule) were great guys.
I wonder how all the old members are doing?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'm certainly not so Old School, but New School friends should not be discounted. Some of us are poor and others are much better off. Yet what a true friend does best is listen .
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
I realize there are some great somewhat new guys here. The fact that old members are still thought of should be seen as a good thing. It means that some real friendships have been developed here.
I hope that someday guys here will remember me fondly.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
6 years ago
I have only met two members from this forum, Cheesey being the most memorable, both at the same game; the snow bowl playoff game against the Seahawks.
I met Cheesey inside the stadium and the other guy (possibly Chuck something) at a tailgate party near Kroll's West.
I've been to many games since then and travel to Green Bay quite often.
It would be nice to meet more of you members.
Being an old retired guy, this site is about my only hobby and I thoroughly enjoy it.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
It would be nice to do a get together with members. I live in Green Bay so it should e easy for me to attend.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

I have only met two members from this forum, Cheesey being the most memorable, both at the same game; the snow bowl playoff game against the Seahawks.
I met Cheesey inside the stadium and the other guy (possibly Chuck something) at a tailgate party near Kroll's West.
I've been to many games since then and travel to Green Bay quite often.
It would be nice to meet more of you members.
Being an old retired guy, this site is about my only hobby and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

We had a pretty nice tailgate party about 10 years ago. Cheesey drove up for the occasion. Zero dropped by before going back to man the computer for game day. Ironman was there. My wife and I were there for the game and brought a few things. There were a few others whom I sadly don't recall. What I do remember was the food was very good.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
6 years ago

We had a pretty nice tailgate party about 10 years ago. Cheesey drove up for the occasion. Zero dropped by before going back to man the computer for game day. Ironman was there. My wife and I were there for the game and brought a few things. There were a few others whom I sadly don't recall. What I do remember was the food was very good.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I vaguely remember that and I vaguely remember planning to be there.
What I don't even vaguely remember is why I wasn't there.😕

Cheesey
6 years ago
I remember that Wayne! It was the game against the Bengals. The Bengal mascots came over by us and I had my picture taken with them.
Trippster was there, and longtime fan (Jim). I don't remember who else was there.
And Yoop, it was fun meeting you at the "snow bowl" game. I still have the picture of you and me before the game ( and the snow) started.
A meeting of members this year would be fun! If it gets set up, hopefully I can make it there.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
TRIPPSTER!!

I have been trying to remember who the Grillmaster was. I think he brought some great chilli too.

You got your picture taken with one of the 60s Packers too. He was wearing his SB ring.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Yup, Trippster did the cooking. He brought jambalaya too.
And the pic was with Dave Robinson!
I met him and Ron Kramer a couple years later at the Wisconsin sports show, and spent a couple hours with them talking about the "glory years". Got to try on his super bowl two ring, and Kramers 1961 championship ring. Also met Boyd Dowler, Donny Anderson and Bob Long there.

I got to try on 3 of the four super bowl rings . Robinsons #2, Ray Nitsckes SB one, and SB 31 ring of one of the board of directors.
Only missing the last one!
That my next goal!
Now HOW I get it done, I'm not sure.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.