Cheesey
6 years ago
Rodgers money isn't the problem. We HAVE the money to sign guys. Ted just didn't use all the cap to get it done.
Maybe now we will spend what's necessary to build up the weak spots on the team. Hopefully the new GM will use the cap to get it done.
Rodgers IS the star player on the team. Can you blame him for trying to get all he can?
Otherwise he may bolt to a team that will go all out for a championship.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

Rodgers money isn't the problem. We HAVE the money to sign guys. Ted just didn't use all the cap to get it done.
Maybe now we will spend what's necessary to build up the weak spots on the team. Hopefully the new GM will use the cap to get it done.
Rodgers IS the star player on the team. Can you blame him for trying to get all he can?
Otherwise he may bolt to a team that will go all out for a championship.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

We spend all the cap money every year. If Ted has money left over, it goes to prorate extentions, like Davante’s this year.

Rodgers can demand all the money he wants. But if he does so, he has no business crying about how the franchise is letting him down.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
6 years ago

I mean let's face it, that Pittsburgh game was just a damn lightning bolt. Ben does that to alot of teams. I mean, Hundley is what he is. He needs to work in his accuracy mid to deep, and he needs to anticipate better. Know the routes, know the WRs, throw them open by leading them with the ball. Know when the dude is gonna make his move to separate. Put the ball on the dime.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

in other words, he's a terrible QB that doesnt belong in the NFL.
bboystyle
6 years ago

We spend all the cap money every year. If Ted has money left over, it goes to prorate extentions, like Davante’s this year.

Rodgers can demand all the money he wants. But if he does so, he has no business crying about how the franchise is letting him down.

He has every right to cry about the franchise letting him down as they have had over 7 years to field a decent D, a good run game, a solid consistent O line, and a legit TE but failed horribly to do so.

going on 8 years since the SB, now he doesnt have the right to cry when he deserves every last penny in the cap? lol
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

I mean let's face it, that Pittsburgh game was just a damn lightning bolt. Ben does that to alot of teams. I mean, Hundley is what he is. He needs to work in his accuracy mid to deep, and he needs to anticipate better. Know the routes, know the WRs, throw them open by leading them with the ball. Know when the dude is gonna make his move to separate. Put the ball on the dime.

.500 what? Face it Hundley failed to meet even the most modest standards. He wasn't even close.
I another post I suggested that expecting him to have the stats of a starting QB may not have been fair but it doesn't change the fact that he failed to meet them.

Just suck it up and admit it.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Look at the facts. Take away Rodgers, and we SUCK with NO chance to even SMELL the playoffs.
Get ready for a trip back in time to the 1970s and 1980s after Rodgers is gone.
Some take so much for granted.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Look at the facts? Oh, hell yeah, let us look at the FACTS.

Yeah, we sure did suck didn't we?? Won enough games to be in the playoff hunt until Aaron Rodgers threw the damn season away against the Panthers while he tried playing hero instead of taking what the defense gave him.

The thing is, you CANNOT take away Aaron Rodgers. That's like saying "well that RB wouldn't have had more than 40 yards if you take away his 89 yard touchdown run". Can we be more absurd?

Aaron Rodgers IS part of the Packers and he IS the best player on the team and one of the best in the league. No freaking kidding your team is going to be DIFFERENT without him. Did we expect Brett Hundley, a player who was starting his third NFL season and making his for NFL starts to be the same as Aaron Rodgers? Are we really that clueless of a fan base?

No doubt, we got holes, like every damn team out there, but we're far from "suck". You wanna see suck, go watch teams like the Colts, Giants, Broncos, etc.

Sorry, but that's just bullshit to take without Rodgers anything because Rodgers is part of the team. You can't go and take players away arbitrarily to suffice alleged "fact" dropping.

WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF PEOPLE!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
It's NOT BS. We wouldn't have won as many games had Aaron Rodgers not been healthy until the Vikings knocked him out.
How about the Vikings as an example? They lost their starting QB (Bridgewater) then their second QB (Bradford) then have their 3rd QB taking them maybe to the SB.
We couldn't get past losing our QB, and the team goes to the toilet.
7-9.
And it would have been a lot worse if Aaron Rodgers would have been lost sooner in the year.
A few years ago we went 15-1 in the regular season. But our defense SUCKED. How else can you explain getting bounced out of the playoffs then, and in 2014? Our defense blew it. Had we even had a middle of the road D, we possibly could have had 2 or 3 SB appearances since SB45.
GREAT teams have players that can hold the fort when their best goes down. Ours can hardly keep up when we HAVE AR.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
It would also have helped to have had a head coach who didn't instantly become conservative and tentative as soon as his team had a two-score lead. If there is one thing I love about Bill Belichick, it's that he has his starters out there even if they're up by 30 or 40 points. The game isn't over until every digit on the time clock reads zero. I ran the numbers a few years back, and the only score that is truly "safe" is 50. Anything less than that, and you're playing with fire to take your foot off the pedal.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

It's NOT BS. We wouldn't have won as many games had Aaron Rodgers not been healthy until the Vikings knocked him out.

How about the Vikings as an example? They lost their starting QB (Bridgewater) then their second QB (Bradford) then have their 3rd QB taking them maybe to the SB.

We couldn't get past losing our QB, and the team goes to the toilet.

7-9.

And it would have been a lot worse if Aaron Rodgers would have been lost sooner in the year.

A few years ago we went 15-1 in the regular season. But our defense SUCKED. How else can you explain getting bounced out of the playoffs then, and in 2014? Our defense blew it. Had we even had a middle of the road D, we possibly could have had 2 or 3 SB appearances since SB45.

GREAT teams have players that can hold the fort when their best goes down. Ours can hardly keep up when we HAVE AR.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Your first blurb there has so many negatives, I can't tell what you're saying. Are you saying the Packers wouldn't have won more games had Aaron Rodgers played all 16 regular season games? Or are you saying without Aaron Rodgers we wouldn't have went 4 - 1? If that's the route you're taking, why are you removing the QB? Are you saying Packers should get rid of Aaron Rodgers to build a better team? What makes you think you can remove Aaron Rodgers and then grade the team without its best player? I don't understand that at all. My truck would be crap if I removed one of the wheels. Should I then say my truck is a pile of shit because without one tire it's useless? I know that comes off very prick, but it just doesn't make any sense to me how someone can grade a team while removing the best piece. I mean, no shit the team is different. What the hell do you expect? You think the Packers should still win 10+ games even with one of the BEST PLAYERS IN THE NFL? Sorry, I am just not following the train of thought.

Yes, 2011 the offense set records, sadly, so did the defense, just not the records you want to set.
Yes, 2014 we should have been representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. I put that firmly on the coaching staff.

We should really stop taking the Packers success for granted and appreciate what we have with the Packers.

Anyhow, Vikings and Eagles built teams through upper half draft selections and actually DEVELOPED the draft picks. The Packers do the draft thing great, they just aren't developing the talent. Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi (actually Dolphins contacted them, but still) and he's now their starting RB.

Maybe Packers fans wouldn't be such spoiled jerks if Packers had missed the playoffs seasons like Vikings (except 2012, 2015) and Eagles (except 2010, 2013) did.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.