FLORIDA PACKER88
6 years ago
What's your dream off season?

Mine consists of the following....

Re-signings:

Morgan Burnett- 3 year deal with a decent signing bonus, but inflated back end. Allows us to cut bait later on if he slows down.

Jahri Evans- 1 year deal. Showed he can still play, no brainer if he takes a 1 year deal similar to last years.

Davon House- 2 Year deal. Probably had the most heart of all of our defenders last year. Played well most of the season.

Brett Goode- 1 year deal. Ole Reliable.

Richard Rodgers- 3 year low level deal. He's peaked as a player, but is a nice supplemental tight end that Arod loves.

Everyone else can walk.

Re-structures/Trades:

1- Jordy Nelson- Probably his last year with us either way, I bet he wouldn't mind taking a pay cut to stick with Rodg on another quest for a ring.

2- Randall Cobb- I think even Cobb knows he's under performed, so I'd love to see him slash is salary in half to stay. If not Montgomery might replace him in the slot (along with Jordy).

3- Clay Matthews- Extension/Restructure on a 3-4 year deal - Clay was so up in down, but we have pretty much nothing outside of him and Nick Perry when it comes to outside pressure. Extend him, disperse his cap hit

****TRADE*****

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix for a late 1st/ high 2nd round pick- I have never been more frustrated with a player in Greenbay. He has the talent, but either shut down & tuned out last year or was playing injured. He claims no injury, so I'd go with the former. The attempted "tackles" were awful! I think a new scene would help both he and the Packers, plus even if he turns it around this season I see him bolting south after his contract expires. Might be good to get what we can from him now (thus the Burnett re-signing).

For the sake of the "dream" I'll assume that Darren Perry Signs with Houston, and Houston sends their high second round pick over for Ha-Ha.

Free Agency-

Sign

Jordan Matthews- 2-4 year deal WR- Buffalo- Great skill set, really hasn't had a QB to utilize except for a rookie Carson Wentz in Philly. Adds some size and speed to our aging core. Plus Rodgers worked out with back when Matthews played with Aaron's bro at Vandy and had high praise for him coming out of the draft. Insurance for Jordy/Cobb departure.

Sign Evan Smith- 1 year deal C/G -Tampa Bay- Our former center/gaurd/swing man. We know what he brings to the table, and would provide some insurance for our entire interior line.

Sign/Trade for a TIGHT END!

3 I am looking in Free Agency. Jimmy Graham, Tyler Eiffert, & Austin Steffarian Jenkins. All three have red flags (Graham-Attitude-limits in blocking, Eiffert, back/knee issues, ASJ- legal troubles), but one of them could put us over the top. Eiffert is my preference, but he may not even be ready for camp...huge risk.

I wonder if Gruden would take a 4th round pick to let us bring Cookie back?

SIGN Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB- Dallas- Showed some real explosion last year (racked up stats against some poor opponents, but was still a huge pass rush threat). Young and on the up swing, sign the man to a 4 year deal averaging 12-15 million and get him in the rotation. Best way to improve the secondary is via Pass rush!

DRAFT-

As far as the draft goes I wont predict players, but I want us to draft the best defensive player available in round 1, best tackle and DB available in round 2 (assuming a second from Ha-Ha), best WR in round 3 and OL in Round 3 (with a comp). Best DB in round 4. Then fill in the roster with some more try hard special teamers.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
All I want is Herb Waters to stay healthy and reach his potential. Same goes with Kevin King. They can man the outside and D-Ran can be our nickel. I'd like to best possible player, who isn't a QB, taken with our pick, or trade down a little if someone is desperate to move up and have two at bats in the first round, or another one at the top of the 2nd round.

We need a WR who can stretch the field, who can take attention away from Davante Adams. I do NOT want to see Adams in the slot.

I don't see anything worth much in free agency so unless we trade a guy for something, I don't have much interest in that.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

All I want is Herb Waters to stay healthy and reach his potential. Same goes with Kevin King. They can man the outside and D-Ran can be our nickel. I'd like to best possible player, who isn't a QB, taken with our pick, or trade down a little if someone is desperate to move up and have two at bats in the first round, or another one at the top of the 2nd round.

We need a WR who can stretch the field, who can take attention away from Davante Adams. I do NOT want to see Adams in the slot.

I don't see anything worth much in free agency so unless we trade a guy for something, I don't have much interest in that.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins impresses scouts with unofficial 40-yard dashes of 4.34 and 4.37. Official time came to be 4.43.

He can stretch the field!!!
UserPostedImage
FLORIDA PACKER88
6 years ago

Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins impresses scouts with unofficial 40-yard dashes of 4.34 and 4.37. Official time came to be 4.43.

He can stretch the field!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So what you're saying is..... he's no Trevor Davis (4.42). 😝
Smokey
6 years ago
The best thing that the Packers the Packers can do this 2018 offseason is to through the Draft or Free Agency, get the Strongest, Biggest, Meanest, Scariest Monster of a pass rusher that they can get.

[nohair]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

So what you're saying is..... he's no Trevor Davis (4.42). 😝

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 

Trevor Davis can't get behind the secondary. He's something like 150 pounds soak n wet lol
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
6'3+ 200 pounds+ and fast as lightning out of cuts and straight line. That's what we need 🙂
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
DoddPower
6 years ago
Please don't extend CM3. The guy is declining. Eat his cap hit for this year, groom his replacement, and then move on.
Cheesey
6 years ago
Jared cook....talented, but left with a bad attitude. For that reason alone I don't want him back here.
I'm sure the guys still here remember that, and I imagine it could cause friction.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
6 years ago

Jared cook....talented, but left with a bad attitude. For that reason alone I don't want him back here.
I'm sure the guys still here remember that, and I imagine it could cause friction.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

and he had every right to leave like that.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.