Cheesey
6 years ago
Rodgers money isn't the problem. We HAVE the money to sign guys. Ted just didn't use all the cap to get it done.
Maybe now we will spend what's necessary to build up the weak spots on the team. Hopefully the new GM will use the cap to get it done.
Rodgers IS the star player on the team. Can you blame him for trying to get all he can?
Otherwise he may bolt to a team that will go all out for a championship.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

Rodgers money isn't the problem. We HAVE the money to sign guys. Ted just didn't use all the cap to get it done.
Maybe now we will spend what's necessary to build up the weak spots on the team. Hopefully the new GM will use the cap to get it done.
Rodgers IS the star player on the team. Can you blame him for trying to get all he can?
Otherwise he may bolt to a team that will go all out for a championship.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

We spend all the cap money every year. If Ted has money left over, it goes to prorate extentions, like Davante’s this year.

Rodgers can demand all the money he wants. But if he does so, he has no business crying about how the franchise is letting him down.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
6 years ago

I mean let's face it, that Pittsburgh game was just a damn lightning bolt. Ben does that to alot of teams. I mean, Hundley is what he is. He needs to work in his accuracy mid to deep, and he needs to anticipate better. Know the routes, know the WRs, throw them open by leading them with the ball. Know when the dude is gonna make his move to separate. Put the ball on the dime.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

in other words, he's a terrible QB that doesnt belong in the NFL.
bboystyle
6 years ago

We spend all the cap money every year. If Ted has money left over, it goes to prorate extentions, like Davante’s this year.

Rodgers can demand all the money he wants. But if he does so, he has no business crying about how the franchise is letting him down.

He has every right to cry about the franchise letting him down as they have had over 7 years to field a decent D, a good run game, a solid consistent O line, and a legit TE but failed horribly to do so.

going on 8 years since the SB, now he doesnt have the right to cry when he deserves every last penny in the cap? lol
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

I mean let's face it, that Pittsburgh game was just a damn lightning bolt. Ben does that to alot of teams. I mean, Hundley is what he is. He needs to work in his accuracy mid to deep, and he needs to anticipate better. Know the routes, know the WRs, throw them open by leading them with the ball. Know when the dude is gonna make his move to separate. Put the ball on the dime.

.500 what? Face it Hundley failed to meet even the most modest standards. He wasn't even close.
I another post I suggested that expecting him to have the stats of a starting QB may not have been fair but it doesn't change the fact that he failed to meet them.

Just suck it up and admit it.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Look at the facts. Take away Rodgers, and we SUCK with NO chance to even SMELL the playoffs.
Get ready for a trip back in time to the 1970s and 1980s after Rodgers is gone.
Some take so much for granted.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Look at the facts? Oh, hell yeah, let us look at the FACTS.

Yeah, we sure did suck didn't we?? Won enough games to be in the playoff hunt until Aaron Rodgers threw the damn season away against the Panthers while he tried playing hero instead of taking what the defense gave him.

The thing is, you CANNOT take away Aaron Rodgers. That's like saying "well that RB wouldn't have had more than 40 yards if you take away his 89 yard touchdown run". Can we be more absurd?

Aaron Rodgers IS part of the Packers and he IS the best player on the team and one of the best in the league. No freaking kidding your team is going to be DIFFERENT without him. Did we expect Brett Hundley, a player who was starting his third NFL season and making his for NFL starts to be the same as Aaron Rodgers? Are we really that clueless of a fan base?

No doubt, we got holes, like every damn team out there, but we're far from "suck". You wanna see suck, go watch teams like the Colts, Giants, Broncos, etc.

Sorry, but that's just bullshit to take without Rodgers anything because Rodgers is part of the team. You can't go and take players away arbitrarily to suffice alleged "fact" dropping.

WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF PEOPLE!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
It's NOT BS. We wouldn't have won as many games had Aaron Rodgers not been healthy until the Vikings knocked him out.
How about the Vikings as an example? They lost their starting QB (Bridgewater) then their second QB (Bradford) then have their 3rd QB taking them maybe to the SB.
We couldn't get past losing our QB, and the team goes to the toilet.
7-9.
And it would have been a lot worse if Aaron Rodgers would have been lost sooner in the year.
A few years ago we went 15-1 in the regular season. But our defense SUCKED. How else can you explain getting bounced out of the playoffs then, and in 2014? Our defense blew it. Had we even had a middle of the road D, we possibly could have had 2 or 3 SB appearances since SB45.
GREAT teams have players that can hold the fort when their best goes down. Ours can hardly keep up when we HAVE AR.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
It would also have helped to have had a head coach who didn't instantly become conservative and tentative as soon as his team had a two-score lead. If there is one thing I love about Bill Belichick, it's that he has his starters out there even if they're up by 30 or 40 points. The game isn't over until every digit on the time clock reads zero. I ran the numbers a few years back, and the only score that is truly "safe" is 50. Anything less than that, and you're playing with fire to take your foot off the pedal.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

It's NOT BS. We wouldn't have won as many games had Aaron Rodgers not been healthy until the Vikings knocked him out.

How about the Vikings as an example? They lost their starting QB (Bridgewater) then their second QB (Bradford) then have their 3rd QB taking them maybe to the SB.

We couldn't get past losing our QB, and the team goes to the toilet.

7-9.

And it would have been a lot worse if Aaron Rodgers would have been lost sooner in the year.

A few years ago we went 15-1 in the regular season. But our defense SUCKED. How else can you explain getting bounced out of the playoffs then, and in 2014? Our defense blew it. Had we even had a middle of the road D, we possibly could have had 2 or 3 SB appearances since SB45.

GREAT teams have players that can hold the fort when their best goes down. Ours can hardly keep up when we HAVE AR.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Your first blurb there has so many negatives, I can't tell what you're saying. Are you saying the Packers wouldn't have won more games had Aaron Rodgers played all 16 regular season games? Or are you saying without Aaron Rodgers we wouldn't have went 4 - 1? If that's the route you're taking, why are you removing the QB? Are you saying Packers should get rid of Aaron Rodgers to build a better team? What makes you think you can remove Aaron Rodgers and then grade the team without its best player? I don't understand that at all. My truck would be crap if I removed one of the wheels. Should I then say my truck is a pile of shit because without one tire it's useless? I know that comes off very prick, but it just doesn't make any sense to me how someone can grade a team while removing the best piece. I mean, no shit the team is different. What the hell do you expect? You think the Packers should still win 10+ games even with one of the BEST PLAYERS IN THE NFL? Sorry, I am just not following the train of thought.

Yes, 2011 the offense set records, sadly, so did the defense, just not the records you want to set.
Yes, 2014 we should have been representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. I put that firmly on the coaching staff.

We should really stop taking the Packers success for granted and appreciate what we have with the Packers.

Anyhow, Vikings and Eagles built teams through upper half draft selections and actually DEVELOPED the draft picks. The Packers do the draft thing great, they just aren't developing the talent. Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi (actually Dolphins contacted them, but still) and he's now their starting RB.

Maybe Packers fans wouldn't be such spoiled jerks if Packers had missed the playoffs seasons like Vikings (except 2012, 2015) and Eagles (except 2010, 2013) did.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.