nerdmann
6 years ago

Look at the facts. Take away Rodgers, and we SUCK with NO chance to even SMELL the playoffs.
Get ready for a trip back in time to the 1970s and 1980s after Rodgers is gone.
Some take so much for granted.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

This defense played WAY below it's talent level. Help is on the way.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rockmolder
6 years ago

Look at the facts? Oh, hell yeah, let us look at the FACTS.

Yeah, we sure did suck didn't we?? Won enough games to be in the playoff hunt until Aaron Rodgers threw the damn season away against the Panthers while he tried playing hero instead of taking what the defense gave him.

The thing is, you CANNOT take away Aaron Rodgers. That's like saying "well that RB wouldn't have had more than 40 yards if you take away his 89 yard touchdown run". Can we be more absurd?

Aaron Rodgers IS part of the Packers and he IS the best player on the team and one of the best in the league. No freaking kidding your team is going to be DIFFERENT without him. Did we expect Brett Hundley, a player who was starting his third NFL season and making his for NFL starts to be the same as Aaron Rodgers? Are we really that clueless of a fan base?

No doubt, we got holes, like every damn team out there, but we're far from "suck". You wanna see suck, go watch teams like the Colts, Giants, Broncos, etc.

Sorry, but that's just bullshit to take without Rodgers anything because Rodgers is part of the team. You can't go and take players away arbitrarily to suffice alleged "fact" dropping.

WE ARE NOT THAT FAR OFF PEOPLE!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think it's pretty fair to rate this team without Rodgers involved. It's a good indicator for how much talent we have on our roster. I mean, you'd want to look at your other player groups from an unbiased perspective as possible. That'd be with the most average QB in the league. Now, Hundley was far below average, so he dragged the entire team down, but Rodgers is so far above average you can't objectively say if half of our receivers are any good, because he'll make them look good.

QB is such a ridicuslously important position that it can hide some major flaws on your team. Mickey Loomis and Bill Polian had cushy jobs for years because of just that. It's when that QB is not around, those flaws start to show.

I'm not saying you can subtract Rodgers when you're talking about the complete roster. I'm just saying that Rodgers would've given the Browns at least 6 wins this year.
Rockmolder
6 years ago
As for the article... I usually like Demovsky's pieces, but this one feels kind of pointless.

There's really litte in there more than the key to winning with your back-up QB is to have a strong roster. That's a conclusion most of us could've gotten to ourselves.

The bit about percentage of cap space going to offense/defense is somewhat interesting, but it doesn't really seem to say anything, as the Eagles are closer to us than they are to the Vikings in that category.
nerdmann
6 years ago

I think it's pretty fair to rate this team without Rodgers involved. It's a good indicator for how much talent we have on our roster. I mean, you'd want to look at your other player groups from an unbiased perspective as possible. That'd be with the most average QB in the league. Now, Hundley was far below average, so he dragged the entire team down, but Rodgers is so far above average you can't objectively say if half of our receivers are any good, because he'll make them look good.

QB is such a ridicuslously important position that it can hide some major flaws on your team. Mickey Loomis and Bill Polian had cushy jobs for years because of just that. It's when that QB is not around, those flaws start to show.

I'm not saying you can subtract Rodgers when you're talking about the complete roster. I'm just saying that Rodgers would've given the Browns at least 6 wins this year.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

First of all, objectively speaking, the defense played way below its ability. Second of all, Hundley had 13 drops in two consecutive games. That’s not on him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
6 years ago

He has every right to cry about the franchise letting him down as they have had over 7 years to field a decent D, a good run game, a solid consistent O line, and a legit TE but failed horribly to do so.

going on 8 years since the SB, now he doesnt have the right to cry when he deserves every last penny in the cap? lol

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

One reason Brady is superior to Aaron is that he takes what the defense gives, moves the chains, doesn’t go sandlot and try to make the hihlight reel. He EXECUTES THE OFFENSE.

Another reason is that he is willing to take a pay cut so the team can fill holes when the need arises.
Rockmolder
6 years ago

One reason Brady is superior to Aaron is that he takes what the defense gives, moves the chains, doesn’t go sandlot and try to make the hihlight reel. He EXECUTES THE OFFENSE.

Another reason is that he is willing to take a pay cut so the team can fill holes when the need arises.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

He's earning more, has way more guaranteed cash and has a higher cap hit than Rodgers. He took a bit less than expected, but it's not like he's playing for a million a year. We'll see what Rodgers' next contract will look like.

Rockmolder
6 years ago

First of all, objectively speaking, the defense played way below its ability. Second of all, Hundley had 13 drops in two consecutive games. That’s not on him.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

So how do you differentiate a lack of talent from playing below your ability? And who are the guys on defense who are playing below their ability? I can imagine Clinton-Dix, but who else has shown they can do better, but just didn't reach that level this year?

Those 13 drops do not cause a complete lack of vision and accuracy. Even more so, if you add 10 completions against his 5.4 yards average, his statline would still be horrible and he still wouldn't look any better on the field from an eyetest perspective.
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
If you add the cap hit of Sam Bradford and Case Keenum you almost get to what we are counting against the cap for Aaron.
Cheesey
6 years ago
Geez Zero...this is the first time I remember you being so stupid on purpose.
You really didn't understand what I was saying????
Did you "take a marijuana?" As Sheldon would say on "The Big Bang".
Others understood what I was saying.

And for those talking about Tom Brady not playing "sand lot football" like AR, Brady doesn't have to do it all by himself, as he has a DEFENSE, so he doesn't have to do it all.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Geez Zero...this is the first time I remember you being so stupid on purpose.
You really didn't understand what I was saying????
Did you "take a marijuana?" As Sheldon would say on "The Big Bang".
Others understood what I was saying.

And for those talking about Tom Brady not playing "sand lot football" like AR, Brady doesn't have to do it all by himself, as he has a DEFENSE, so he doesn't have to do it all.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I asked for clarity and you come back with a personal attack? Calling me stupid? I atleast tried to see your point of view.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (8h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (8h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (9h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.