Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Many of us could stand to loose a few (or more) pounds of weight. I must include myself in the group. It is my hope that this thread will serve as a place for ideas, support, and success/failure stories.

To begin with, let us start a list of bad eating habits. Foods and beverages that need to be avoided in order to loose weight.

Soda Drinks like: Pepsi, Coke, Dr.Pepper, Mountain Dew, etc.
Snacks like: Potato Chips, Corn Chips, Cheese Curls, Tortilla Chips, etc.
Bread and Crackers
Fast Food like: Pizza, Burritos, Hamburgers, French Fries, Breakfast Biscuits, etc.
Potatoes, Rice, Pasta, etc.

Another list needs to contain good things can help us loose weight.

Citrus Fruits like: Oranges, Grapefruit, Tangerines, etc.
Water, lots of Water
Coffee/Tea (no sugar added)
Vegetables like: Carrots, Celery, Peppers, Cucumber, etc.
Fruits like: Apples, Pears, Grapes, etc.

Exercise is recommended to loose calories/weight. If you are physically able to exercise, it's a good thing to do. Walking, Swimming, and Weight Training are a few ways to burn off those unwanted lb's.

This thread can also help to serve as a support group. We can help each other to be healthier.

šŸ‘

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
The heaviest I have ever been was 240 pounds. (I'm 5 foot 8)
9 years ago when I had my open heart surgery, I weighed 230. Since then I've worked hard to lose weight, and to keep it off. Walking was my biggest thing that helped a lot. Cutting back on portion size is big too.
I weighed myself this morning, and I'm at 179 pounds. First time I've been below 180 pounds since about the mid 1980s.
It's not easy. My weak spot is potato chips!
Don't cut out all treats, as that will most likely make you give up.
PORTION SIZE is a biggey! Have a little of a treat, and you won't feel like you gave up all the food you like.
My wife has lost 4 pounds in the last couple weeks. Portion size being the biggest change.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
PackersHome. šŸ˜

I drink between 60 to 70oz of water everyday. I don't hardly ever drink soda. I don't like candy or sweets. That alone I think helps me quite a bit. I'm not much of a junk food eater. Although, I do have a Wings addiction. I also like eating hard boiled eggs.

Something I've found that is also good is protein shakes. I've been alernating between Advant EDGE (30g protein) and EAS Myoplex (42g protein). Something to keep in mind is that all protein's are not the same.

It's really good to have a plan, not insanely aggressive plan. Start small. Wake up every day and do one push up in the morning. After two weeks, grow to 3 push ups. This is something small and it will help you psychologically boost your confidence moving forward beacuse you started the day with a goal and achieved it.

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
Smokey what you have listed is a great start. Like Zero I like the protein shakes as well, just make sure to check the carb levels.

I would also recommend getting your Vitamin B12 levels checked. Mine at one point was extremely low, once I started taking supplements I noticed my energy increasing.

Drinking water before you eat is a good way to reduce your calories intake as well.

Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
Reducing portion sizes, drinking lots of water, vitamin B12, and Protein Shakes are all fine diet ideas. We have made a fine start, but I know that we can continue to add to this thread.

Exercise has already been mentioned and should be part of a successful diet plan. If you can exercise that is. However for some of us exercise is not an option due to health issues.

As yet little has been posted about meals. Garden Salads with low cal. dressing or no dressing can't be our sole menu. Any Ideas on this area will be gratefully received. [biggrin]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

As yet little has been posted about meals.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

You want meals? Here's a good starting spot for ya.

http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/Insanity%20Nutrition%20Guide.pdf 

UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago

You want meals? Here's a good starting spot for ya.

http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/Insanity%20Nutrition%20Guide.pdf 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Thank you Zero, but this thread is for all members and not just for myself.

Here's an idea that I saw recently. Instead of using bread for your sandwich, try rolling lean sliced meat / cheese in lettuce leaves. It's a simple idea that most of us could do.

Chicken is a prime meat for dieters. Any Tasty / Low Cal. recipes would be most welcome.
Fish too can be a great diet meat. Baked, broiled, grilled, etc., Looking for some great Low Cal. ideas.

Snacking on Raw Vegetables can be a great way to replace those Potato Chips / Corn Chips.

Water can get a bit boring, try adding a few drops of lemon juice or some other flavoring.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Using wraps in place of bread for sandwiches is something we do too.

I weighed myself this morning...back to 180! Darn!šŸ˜‚

I had to shovel a lot between last night and this morning. Lots of heavy, wet snow. That's my workout for today!
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
As I have posted before, exercise should be part of any diet plan. Yet some of us, including myself, have medical issues that prevent us from burning up calories exercising. This makes it even harder to loose weight. As a result, more focus must be paid to what / how much we eat. Self-discipline is the key to success.

Still looking for those tasty low cal recipes. [biggrin]

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
That's true, Smokey. Not being able to exercise, at least to some extent, makes it VERY hard to lose weight.
Even a small amount of exercise does help. Walking around your house for example, can help.
Or sitting in a chair and lifting small weights (or something like cans of soup, if you don't have actual weights) can also help.
You can build up strength that way.
I don't know what your physical afflictions are that affect your ability to exercise. I also have several physical problems that affect what I can and can't do.
You have to be smart when it comes to these kinds of things. Building yourself up slowly worked for me. Especially after my open heart surgery. I couldn't walk 10 feet easily before that. I have worked my way up where now I can walk a couple miles at a time.
Of course being winter here, with the ice and all, I haven't been able to get outside much. Today it's melting, and I walked to the library to post here. About a half a mile each way.
I have to be VERY cautious, as I had the spinal fusion surgery, and if I fall I would be in GREAT danger.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.