Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Cheesey, imagine that you tried to take that walk with 30% lung function. Trust me, you would get a most rude awakening. Unhappily, that is my case with COPD. The worst part is the Enfesimia. In addition, I'm not considered ill enough be prescribed Oxygen either.

I do empathise with those that suffer from other serious illnesses.

Chicken, baked or grilled or broiled is a good diet food, it's what we add to it that increases the calorie count.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
I sure didn't mean anything negative towards you, Smokey.
I have asthma, and I somewhat get what you mean. I almost died from an attack several years back , and only by the grace of God did I make it.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago

I sure didn't mean anything negative towards you, Smokey.
I have asthma, and I somewhat get what you mean. I almost died from an attack several years back , and only by the grace of God did I make it.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It's all good, I was attempting to illustrate as closely as I could what I live with every day.
Not looking for pitty, just understanding.

This thread is still about dieting, dieting challenges, diet support, low cal meals/recipes, as well as exercising too.

Weight lifting with Canned Foods is a super idea and just what this thread is all about. Making a point to buy fruits, vegetables, pre-cut bagged salad mix, healthy nuts (like Walnuts). Cherries, berries, melons, tomatoes, etc.

Visiting your Dr on a regular basis, especially after age 50. Sometimes problems exist that can get caught early.

[pinkele]

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Try bullet-proof coffee. if you have decent blender its easy to make. Along with a couple of small spoonsful of full fat natural yogert, it will kill your appetite til lunch. It will get you metabolism going. Also it is GREAT for your brain. Almost immeadiately, you will notice an increase in mental acuity.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
yooperfan
6 years ago

Try bullet-proof coffee. if you have decent blender its easy to make. Along with a couple of small spoonsful of full fat natural yogert, it will kill your appetite til lunch. It will get you metabolism going. Also it is GREAT for your brain. Almost immeadiately, you will notice an increase in mental acuity.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

So brew a pot of coffee, pour a cup in a blender, add yogurt blend and reheat in the microwave?

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Not exactly
1. Brew your coffee
2. Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil or MCT Oil per cup
3. Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter....add some honey if you want. per cup.
4. Blend the hell out of it
With the coffee, have a very small bowl of full fat yogurt with some nuts (i.e.almonds, walnuts)
Your mental acuity will increase and your appetite will be tamed until lunch.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
In this thread, hopefully, there will not be any post that are out of order. So I'll not say anything bad about the bullet-proof coffee, but it's not something I could consume. I'm sure that I've eaten things that others would not eat too.

That said, any additional ideas are most welcome.

I grew up with a large garden in our backyard. I developed a taste for eating vegetables raw. Carrots, cucumbers, radishes, spring onions for sure, but surprisingly other things are good raw as well. Peal and eat a raw turnip, it's sweet. Peal and eat a sweet potato, they are great raw. Cabbage is something that we eat in coleslaw or cooked with potatoes, but all of the cabbage (even the center heart) is good raw eating.

Next trip to the grocery store, buy a pair of Pears. Grab your self a few Oranges. Pick your self up a couple of Apples. Grapes are great, so get some.

šŸ‘

UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
Loose/control your weight, start by eating a piece of fruit every day. An apple, a pear, an orange, even a plumb fits the bill.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
5 years ago
Put down those cookies ! Unhand that Pepsi !

Ya gotta think Oatmeal and Apples and lots of Water.

Do it for yourself !

UserPostedImage
Porforis
5 years ago
I'm not so much trying to lose weight as I am trying to maintain weight while getting in better shape.

My biggest problem is always self-control. I have a pretty easy time controlling eating impulses - until I get going. As a result, my diet is pretty lopsided as far as when I'm getting calories on a daily or weekly basis. These issues are further compounded by the fact that my metabolism is slowwwwwww... my BMR (basal metabolic rate) is around 1300, 'normal' for my height/weight/age/gender is around 1700.

I took up jogging last year and signed up for a couple 5Ks, however I messed up my knee (runner's knee -> mild ligament damage shortly thereafter) back in early January and it's been pretty slow recovery, so I've more or less been trying to maintain shape while my knee gets better. I missed the first 5k and the second one is in a little more than a month - I don't think I'll be able to complete the entire thing jogging without tearing up my knee again, so my replacement goal is "more jogging than walking" and to finish in <35 minutes.

So far I've more or less kept myself within 5 pounds of my target rate for the last 6 months, but I haven't accomplished the fitness goals I've wanted to. Fingers crossed that the 5k goes well!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (6h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (9h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (13h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (23h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16m / Around The NFL / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.