Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Cheesey, imagine that you tried to take that walk with 30% lung function. Trust me, you would get a most rude awakening. Unhappily, that is my case with COPD. The worst part is the Enfesimia. In addition, I'm not considered ill enough be prescribed Oxygen either.

I do empathise with those that suffer from other serious illnesses.

Chicken, baked or grilled or broiled is a good diet food, it's what we add to it that increases the calorie count.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
I sure didn't mean anything negative towards you, Smokey.
I have asthma, and I somewhat get what you mean. I almost died from an attack several years back , and only by the grace of God did I make it.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago

I sure didn't mean anything negative towards you, Smokey.
I have asthma, and I somewhat get what you mean. I almost died from an attack several years back , and only by the grace of God did I make it.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It's all good, I was attempting to illustrate as closely as I could what I live with every day.
Not looking for pitty, just understanding.

This thread is still about dieting, dieting challenges, diet support, low cal meals/recipes, as well as exercising too.

Weight lifting with Canned Foods is a super idea and just what this thread is all about. Making a point to buy fruits, vegetables, pre-cut bagged salad mix, healthy nuts (like Walnuts). Cherries, berries, melons, tomatoes, etc.

Visiting your Dr on a regular basis, especially after age 50. Sometimes problems exist that can get caught early.

[pinkele]

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Try bullet-proof coffee. if you have decent blender its easy to make. Along with a couple of small spoonsful of full fat natural yogert, it will kill your appetite til lunch. It will get you metabolism going. Also it is GREAT for your brain. Almost immeadiately, you will notice an increase in mental acuity.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
yooperfan
6 years ago

Try bullet-proof coffee. if you have decent blender its easy to make. Along with a couple of small spoonsful of full fat natural yogert, it will kill your appetite til lunch. It will get you metabolism going. Also it is GREAT for your brain. Almost immeadiately, you will notice an increase in mental acuity.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

So brew a pot of coffee, pour a cup in a blender, add yogurt blend and reheat in the microwave?

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Not exactly
1. Brew your coffee
2. Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil or MCT Oil per cup
3. Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter....add some honey if you want. per cup.
4. Blend the hell out of it
With the coffee, have a very small bowl of full fat yogurt with some nuts (i.e.almonds, walnuts)
Your mental acuity will increase and your appetite will be tamed until lunch.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
In this thread, hopefully, there will not be any post that are out of order. So I'll not say anything bad about the bullet-proof coffee, but it's not something I could consume. I'm sure that I've eaten things that others would not eat too.

That said, any additional ideas are most welcome.

I grew up with a large garden in our backyard. I developed a taste for eating vegetables raw. Carrots, cucumbers, radishes, spring onions for sure, but surprisingly other things are good raw as well. Peal and eat a raw turnip, it's sweet. Peal and eat a sweet potato, they are great raw. Cabbage is something that we eat in coleslaw or cooked with potatoes, but all of the cabbage (even the center heart) is good raw eating.

Next trip to the grocery store, buy a pair of Pears. Grab your self a few Oranges. Pick your self up a couple of Apples. Grapes are great, so get some.

👍

UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
Loose/control your weight, start by eating a piece of fruit every day. An apple, a pear, an orange, even a plumb fits the bill.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
6 years ago
Put down those cookies ! Unhand that Pepsi !

Ya gotta think Oatmeal and Apples and lots of Water.

Do it for yourself !

UserPostedImage
Porforis
6 years ago
I'm not so much trying to lose weight as I am trying to maintain weight while getting in better shape.

My biggest problem is always self-control. I have a pretty easy time controlling eating impulses - until I get going. As a result, my diet is pretty lopsided as far as when I'm getting calories on a daily or weekly basis. These issues are further compounded by the fact that my metabolism is slowwwwwww... my BMR (basal metabolic rate) is around 1300, 'normal' for my height/weight/age/gender is around 1700.

I took up jogging last year and signed up for a couple 5Ks, however I messed up my knee (runner's knee -> mild ligament damage shortly thereafter) back in early January and it's been pretty slow recovery, so I've more or less been trying to maintain shape while my knee gets better. I missed the first 5k and the second one is in a little more than a month - I don't think I'll be able to complete the entire thing jogging without tearing up my knee again, so my replacement goal is "more jogging than walking" and to finish in <35 minutes.

So far I've more or less kept myself within 5 pounds of my target rate for the last 6 months, but I haven't accomplished the fitness goals I've wanted to. Fingers crossed that the 5k goes well!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (3h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (4h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (4h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (20h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.