Zero2Cool
6 years ago
What do you think about this trade idea?

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb could have some trade value. When the Green Bay Packers drafted Ty Montgomery in 2015 he was considered the heir apparent in the slot for Randall Cobb. Then the injury-plagued backfield necessitated him to switch positions. Now, moving on from Cobb is not as pressing as what the internet in general

Continue Reading @ LombardiAve 

LombardiAve wrote:

UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago
Cobb indeed is very tradable, however GB needs most to improve at the CB position and not the WR position. Perhaps a trade for a TE like Jimmy Graham.

In GB Rodgers makes WR's look good, he does not need Jared Cook or other WRs from the FA. A 4th or 5th round draft pick will serve as well or even better.

GB's #1 need this offseason is a MONSTER EDGE RUSHER. Draft him, trade for him, find him in CENTRAL AFRICA or GERMANY or harvest one from a Corn Field, but GET AN EDGE RUSHER IN GB,
NOW ! [nohair]

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Cook is the TE we let walk 2 seasons ago.
I don't know if he would want to come back here, or if he would be welcomed back by the players.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
6 years ago
I don't quite get the fascination with Cook. He's been an underachiever his entire career. The guy has a skill set that could've made him a Pro Bowler, but he just dissapears for games on end. He's done that at every team in his career.

He's also not that interested in winning, apparently. After pulling that franchise tag BS with the Titans, he joined the Rams, who had no talent at all (at QB) and just came off 2-14 and 7-9 seasons. Then he left us, thinking he'd get better money elsewhere .

Lastly, he'll be 31 by the time next season starts.

There are some guys out there in free agency. If you want to go young and promising, sign Trey Burton. If you want to roll the dice on a guy with an injury history, but great play, sign Tyler Eifert. If you really, really want a physical specimen who's best years are behind him, sign Jimmy Graham.

I'm more interested in the LaDarius Gunter part of the article. Firstly, I'd send that pick to Carolina, rather than New Orleans. Secondly, I don't know if we'll even have to give up anything. Gunter doesn't have a contract right now and I can't imagine him getting more than the lowest tender.
Porforis
6 years ago
Gunter, plz.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
Cobb is all but untradeable. His contract is too high for the value he produces. If you don;t want him don't expect other teams to be falling all over themselves to land him. He has had 1 and only 1 season over 1000 yards. Way way back in 14. That's ancient history.

Add to this that teams almost never trade players for players. They trade for draft picks. Trading Cobb might get you a 5th but nothing higher than that.
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

Cobb indeed is very tradable, however GB needs most to improve at the CB position and not the WR position. Perhaps a trade for a TE like Jimmy Graham.

In GB Rodgers makes WR's look good, he does not need Jared Cook or other WRs from the FA. A 4th or 5th round draft pick will serve as well or even better.

GB's #1 need this offseason is a MONSTER EDGE RUSHER. Draft him, trade for him, find him in CENTRAL AFRICA or GERMANY or harvest one from a Corn Field, but GET AN EDGE RUSHER IN GB,
NOW ! [nohair]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

yeah, because we have gotten fantastic production out of our 4th and 5 th round WR draft picks before. In case you didn't pick up on it that was sarcasm. Our WR picks beyond the third round have been absolutely dismal since Ted took over. Rodgers hasn't made any of them look very good. The only one that has contributed more than a blip is Janis and that is only on special teams.

As for Cobb being very tradeable...not at his salary. Get him to agree to an extension to bring his cap hit down to around 7-8 million then maybe but if that happens I'd rather keep him.

I do agree with your sentiments on the edge rusher though. It is a higher priority than WR

Smokey
6 years ago

yeah, because we have gotten fantastic production out of our 4th and 5 th round WR draft picks before. In case you didn't pick up on it that was sarcasm. Our WR picks beyond the third round have been absolutely dismal since Ted took over. Rodgers hasn't made any of them look very good. The only one that has contributed more than a blip is Janis and that is only on special teams.

As for Cobb being very tradeable...not at his salary. Get him to agree to an extension to bring his cap hit down to around 7-8 million then maybe but if that happens I'd rather keep him.

I do agree with your sentiments on the edge rusher though. It is a higher priority than WR

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Sarcasm aside, with a new GM it is unknown just what his 1st year at the will yield in Free Agency or the NFL Draft yet. He may be, I hope, a lot better than Ted Thompson was. His 4th and 5th round draft picks could be super.

Cobb + a 5th round draft pick could yield the Packers a better CB or TE. Being creative and making deals is a large part of the GM's job.

Finally, IMO, GB needs to use it's 1st Draft Pick to get an Edge Rusher. The Free Agent market does not look so good for those players. Also, as I expect GB to be back on top next season, taking advantage of the 14th overall draft pick this year is most important for the Packers long term success.

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

Sarcasm aside, with a new GM it is unknown just what his 1st year at the will yield in Free Agency or the NFL Draft yet. He may be, I hope, a lot better than Ted Thompson was. His 4th and 5th round draft picks could be super.

Cobb + a 5th round draft pick could yield the Packers a better CB or TE. Being creative and making deals is a large part of the GM's job.

Finally, IMO, GB needs to use it's 1st Draft Pick to get an Edge Rusher. The Free Agent market does not look so good for those players. Also, as I expect GB to be back on top next season, taking advantage of the 14th overall draft pick this year is most important for the Packers long term success.

[cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Disregard who makes the picks and look at the rest of the league. How many 4th and 5th rounders stepped in and were of immediate help. A few sure but the odds are not in your favor. They may develop but if you are looking for help this year it's very risky to rely on a 4th or 5th rounder to do that.

I just don't think many teams would take on Cobb at his current rate when they could get that same talent in the 4th or 5th round themselves. Granted most don't have an Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball but if Cobb isn't worth his cap hit with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball he certainly won't be worth it with a lesser QB throwing doing it.

As far as the edge rusher in the first goes I agree for the most part that it is very important but I'd hate to have a GM locked in on a position to the point he passes on a better player just to get an edge rusher. Trade up if you need to to get the play maker or even back a bit to get the value but don't just sit at 14 and take the best edge rusher just because you need the position. I know that's not what you said and I'm sure you would be fine with a trade to get the position but if you have no takers on a trade and you are stuck at 14 you have to consider the entire roster. If you pass on a better WR or CB or OL just because you are determined to draft an edge rusher you risk not improving 2 positions.

Oh, and sorry about the sarcasm on the last post. I just get a frustrated hearing people say that because we have Aaron Rodgers it doesn't matter who we have catching the ball because Aaron Rodgers will make them all good. We all want the same thing in the end we just have different ideas on how to get there. Well except the fire Capers thing, everybody had that same idea.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.